17092: Acronis true image 11 home stops responding

83 replies [Last post]
Rick Mitchell
Beginner

When making file selections for a backup acronis stops responding and the active window grays out.
I have also had this problem when selecting backup options as well, This is a dell xps I-7 with 12 gig ram and two drives. any suggestions?

MudCrab
MudCrab's picture
Forum Star

Are you using TI 11 or TI 2011? TI 11 is not compatible with Windows 7.

Assuming TI 2011, are you using the latest build (6597)?

MudCrab's Website

Drive Notify ~ Schedule your backups without being required to keep your backup drive connected.

Gabriele Bertolucci
Beginner

I have this problem with True Image Home 2011 build 8082.
The latest message I can read in Acronis registry is "Locking C: partition..." then the program and the operating system (Windows 7 64 bit Professional) hangs and I'm forced to manually switch off the notebook keeping the physical power button pressed.
I tried also repairing TIH installation (with no problem) but that was not the solution.

Any suggestions?

Pat L
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Gabriele,

Build 8082 of TI 2011? The latest buid of TI 2011 is 6597. Aren't you using TI version 11? Not to be confused with TI version 2011...

Win 10 Pro x64 SSD - ATI 2016 Latest build

Gabriele Bertolucci
Beginner

You are right. I'm using TIH 11 build 8082.

Pat L
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Your version of ATI is not compatible with windows 7.

Win 10 Pro x64 SSD - ATI 2016 Latest build

Gabriele Bertolucci
Beginner

I've already bought version 2011 and still downloading it. I hope to solve this way :-)

Charles Jutkins
Forum Member

installed 2011 home today it updated to 6597 the program hangs none of the destinations drive show up in the destination window . I installed it twice and uninstalled it twice . I finally made it install the old version off the disk that one at least works version 5xxxx what kind of crap is this.

I have used acronis 10 before and never had a problem with it.

windows 7 hp dv6 8mb mem 500mb 7200 rpm disk

bjw122
Beginner

I'm experiencing the same problems with Acronis True Image Home 2011 Plus Pack Build 6597 running on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, as reported by the original poster. It is excrutiatingly slow and painful to work with this version of the True Image user interface. If you click too fast for the application (which is not fast at all) the active window dims and the text "(Not Responding)" is appended to the window title, until the application "cathes up" and then the display returns to normal.

If I want to update file selections for a backup job I have to click a check-box to include / exclude the file or folder and then wait approximately 30 seconds for the user interface to respond. Each click 10 - 30 seconds.

Additionally, any operation that involves a local network connection is exceedingly slow. For example, to "browse for destinaton" to stipulate where the backup file will be stored on the network takes 10 - 30 seconds per click. Note, there shold be a way to "edit credentials" for accessing a network share without having to re-select the network path in the "browse for desintation" dialog. Additionally, if I "edit credentials" for a network share the change should be applied to all of my backup jobs that use that same network share (I shouldn't have to "edit credentials" for each job).

Additionally, if I change the name of my backup job's "file name", I do not want the application to automatically update my "backup name" to match the "file name".

Additionally, when I'm seleting files for a backup job, why does the user interface have to calcualte the "Estimated Backup Size", this seems to slow the process down. There should at least be an option to turn that feature off.

Additionally, I've noticed that most often when I re-save a backup job, after modifying it, the application stops responding for several seconds then I get error:
"The specified file does not exist."
Event code: 0x00040011+0x0000FFF0+0x80070002
By the way, thanks for making is so I couldn't select that event code so that I could copy it off of the GUI and paste it, instead I get to type it.
Despite the error, clicking the "Ignore" button allows me to continue working (slowly that is).

I'm a software engineer myself. I'll provide you with whatever trace / log info you want but I'm pretty frustrated with this product right now.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to address these issues with us in a professional manner.

Charles Jutkins
Forum Member

I did a backup with version 5018 today , the one I got on the disk but it took from 8am to 2:30 pm to backup
70 gb over and ethernet connection to and from a 7200 rpm sata drive. At least that version works sort of. What was kind of also screwy it started out saying it needed 7 hours then went up to 8.5 hours and the progress bar said I was only less than halfway through about an hour before it completed, and also was stuck at 7 hours left and going down at about 1 minute per hour . I got another response saying somebody they went back to 2010 version 7054 and that worked for them . To get some perspective on the speed the old version 2010 on my xp pro desktop backed up 36gb in less than an hour.
there was also somebody on here that said it wasn't compatible with window 7 64 and to try 2010 version 7054 but the package clearly says compatible with all versions of Windows 7 or integrates with all versions of window7 . I was satisfied with the old version I just wanted something that would work with Windows 7.
Looks like they are trying to push a <Removed due to TOU violation. Please note that in case of further TOU violation your access to Acronis Forum will be terminated> Interface over the quality of the product.

Gork
Gork's picture
Regular Poster

I have been having these problems since upgrading from ATI Home 2011 build 5519 to build 6597. In fact, the problems bjw122 posted match my issues to a T. In addition, bjw122's thoughts regarding interface issues have been concerns of mine as well.

First and foremost though, I am running into a brick wall with regard to making the interface more responsive. I, too, am running ATI Home 2011 build 6597 on Win7-64 and I've been forced to use the bootable media CD to run any imaging or cloning operations, whether on the system (housing the OS) or data partitions. I purchased the Plus Pack and installed it, no difference. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it, no difference. I've tried to change the default backup location from a share on the NAS to a location on a physcial internal hdd, no change. (I've had problems from the beginning trying to use a remote share as a backup location - ATI takes a long time to connect to a remote location and demands authentication even when no authentication is required.)

I'm going to fiddle around a little more before uninstalling build 6597 to try to downgrade back to 5519 to see if I can at least get things back to the way they were before I upgraded.

Btw, the only issue bjw122 mentioned that I have not run across is the "The specified file does not exist" problem. But I haven't tried re-saving a backup since I upgraded to build 6597, either.

EDIT: I'm now seeing there are other similar threads in this forum with regard to this very problem. Is there anyone who is running ATI Home 2011 (with or without Plus Pack) on Win7-64 who does NOT have this problem with build 6597? I tried installing ATI build 6597 to a different location, on my System partition, with the same results. I also tried fiddling with settings to ensure ATI wasn't choosing a network share as a backup destination by default since I already knew that was problematic - still no change. I uninstalled ATI again and reinstalled it, a few times. I wiped the ATI install clean with the utility provided by Acronis and reinstalled build 6597 - same results. I finally uninstalled Acronis True Image Home 2011 and Plus pack build 6597 and reinstalled Acronis True Image Home 2011 and Plus Pack build 5519. It's back to the way it was now - not perfect, as noted above with regard to network share backup locations, but it no longer hangs up for 30+ seconds most of the times I try to do something. It's useable again. I'd really like to know if this is something Acronis is aware of and is working on, or if it will remain as is. I left Ghost a few months ago (after being a customer of theirs for many years) hoping to rid myself of weird issues (read: bugs) like this. I like the product in general and when it works appropriately, it works really well. I have had no problems with bad images being created. I don't care about the fluff - don't use Win7 integration, don't use the Secure Zone, don't use Try & Decide, don't use Nonstop Backup. I don't mind the fluff being there, but I really just want a program that images and does that well, without bugs and problems. ***One last thing I wanted to add to the list of UI oddities bjw122 brought up... At least with build 5519 (I couldn't really check with 6597 because of the issue I'm posting about) there is no way to save changes after a "recreate backup" without starting a "backup now" and cancelling it. If I pick a backup under My Backups which has had the Scheduling removed and click on Operations -> Recreate backup settings I can make changes to the backup, add a schedule, change the backup location, the name and other options, but then there is no button to save the changes. I can click on either "Cancel" or on "Back up now." If I click cancel, my changes are cancelled. I am forced, if I don't want to actually run a backup at the time, to click on "Back up now" then cancel the backup operation to save my changes.

*** 1/26/11 - Just wanted to follow up that I have verified this particular issue regarding no choice to save changes after a editing or creating a backup without starting a "backup now" and cancelling is no longer an issue in build 6597.  This build gives you a choice to "back up later."

3car
Beginner

I'm also experiencing the PAINFULLY slow navigation through the file selection screens. I'm running Acronis True Image Home 2011 build 6597 WITHOUT Plus Pack on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. New ThinkPad Core i5 laptop - works perfectly other than TIH. I didn't have problems creating IMAGE backup jobs a few days ago, but today I'm creating a FILES backup job and it's taking over an hour to select / de-select files because there's a 1-2 minute pause (with "not responding") after each click. I'm typing this entire message while entering the backup name field because it pauses after each 1-3 characters that I type!

I've had so many problems with TIH in the past (v2009 & v2010 on numerous computers for myself and friends, numerous OS and PC configs) that I'm very careful and meticulous about everything. I waited for first patch of v2011. I uninstall/clean install only. I ignore "fancy" features like consolidation and non-stop backup. I reboot before and after installation and backup job changes. Yet I still have problems.

bjw122 covered some of the problems with his "Additionally...." comments. In addition to outright problems and usability / user interface issues, there are also numerous little things they should have figured out many versions ago:
Like.... Why can't the notification email contain BASIC useful data like backup size and disk space remaining?
Like.... Why bother with estimated time remaining if it can't be correct with 2 orders of magnitude?
I could go on and on (probably already have!).

I'm an old (experienced?) ex-software developer now working in the server and desktop side of corporate IT. The problem isn't my lack of knowledge, inattention to instructions or details, or a mis-configured or virus-filled computer. The problem is TIH. The marketed feature set is awesome, but too often it doesn't actually work.

Does anybody know of another backup program that actually works, that does full & incremental images (with some selection capability, and both full or partial restores), and file backups too?

GatorTrader
Beginner

I've been experiencing this problem for the past month or so. I just uninstalled the version I was running and installed build 6597. Now everything works as it should.

This time when I ran the install I chose "Typical install" whereas when I first installed it I believe I chose "Custom" and told it not to install Online Backup.

So I'm not sure which fixed the problem but mine works fine now.

Hope this helps someone.

Gork
Gork's picture
Regular Poster

Just for giggles I did uninstall 5519 and installed 6597 again with GatorTrader's change. I had also initially chosen not to install Online Backup. I still chose custom this time, so I could choose where to install the program (I have a System and Programs partitions) but I let let it install Online Backup.

I had the same experience as before - 6597 is so slow it's unusable. Back to 5519 again...

Charles Jutkins
Forum Member

6597 is unusable but 5519 is also so slow to do anything and the progress meter does not update.
The times it indicates are totaly off.
This product is way worse than acronis 2010. Acronis are you listnening . There is no product support at
all as far as I can tell ,they just run you around in circlesl or want to charge you for something that didn't
work in the first place. Acronis 10 at least told you what is was doing and seemed to work every time.
I should have read the reviews on this product and the support before I bought it but I assumed that it
would be at least as good as the old product.

David Martin
Beginner

Just to add to the mass of similar comments: I have exactly the same problem with TI 2011. I'm now regretting the upgrade from TI 2010 that I've just made. But if I can provide any specific diagnostic info (I'm very software literate), please just ask me.

Gork
Gork's picture
Regular Poster

@David Martin
Out of curiosity, what build of TI 2011 are you having issues with?

Joost
Beginner

@Gork, @bjw122, @3car: Many thanks for your elaborate posts in this thread!! I could not agree more to your thoughts! I found similar complaints in threads 15776, 16139, 16679, 17005. There is definitely something wrong with this build!

Yesterday I purchased and installed TI Home 2011 build 6597 on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PC. Same problem: delays of 30 seconds minimum after a simple mouse click. The first Welcome window already hangs with the wait cursor for 30 to 60 seconds. Every new mouse click seems to add another 30 second delay. A quick search in the support forum brought me to this thread.

Basically I just need a simple straightforward image backup tool. I also have been a happy Ghost user for years. I loved its simplicity and clarity, it just always did what I expected it to do, nothing more. Then Symantec took over. In fact they were only interested in the successful brand. They replaced the product behind the brand by a totally different program, provided poor support, and finally abandoned it.
I then received Acronis True Image OEM edition (version 8.0.0.928) bundled with an external harddrive. Used that for three years without any problem, recovered successfully from a disk crash of my laptop. I really liked the program: simple, straightforward, like good old Ghost. So when looking for a backup tool for my new Win7 x64 PC I chose TI Home 2011, with the plus pack. But, so far only problems.

It's day one of my 30 day free support period, so I started a chat session with support. Got the usual recommendations to uninstall, reinstall, remove potentially conflicting other backup software. Been there, done that. I am a software engineer myself, I know the system is clean, no viruses or crapware installed (well... eh, except for...) I got a support case ticket, and they will investigate the problem (at least that's what they told me). They sent me a driver package that I had to install. Again needed to uninstall TIH first, then install the driver pack, then install TIH again. Interleaved with the usual reboots. The driver package (SnapAPI) has an event logging facility. To no avail, still the usual GUI-delays. In the fourth chat session I got a tool AcronisInfo to gather all kinds of logging and system info in a zip file that I will return them. Only the email that they promised did not arrive so far. Until then I cannot send them the stuff.

So I hope this feedback eventually lands on the desks of the software developers, but I'm not sure. I will keep you informed in this thread.

I have the strong feeling that a good product is now behind a new, crappy user interface. Apparently they moved to a different GUI toolkit (Qt), and there might be 64-bit issues with that toolkit or their implementation of it.

And I also think marketing drives them to expand the product to a piece of bloatware. That's the way every successful commercial product seems to be heading, just to push up sales, and to please the shareholders. Examples are the many anti-virus products, and virtually every Symantec product, for that matter...

I welcome any recommendations for a good ghost-like disk imaging tool that just works under all Windows versions and under Linux. Off-thread, of course, or this post might get censored...

Gork
Gork's picture
Regular Poster

@Joost
It's great to hear from someone who can jump through the "must pay to report bugs" hoop! ;) Thank you so much for taking the time to both post in the forum and initiate a support ticket. Fwiw, I did use the feedback form to bring this issue up, though I doubt that'll go far.

At this point I just want an acknowledgment from Acronis that they are aware of a problem affecting several customers and they're looking into it. Or, even something to say that this affects so few people they don't consider it a problem. Something. Anything.

Please, keep us informed! I was so happy to join the Acronis family a handful of months back and I hope there is a problem that can be acknowledged and addressed.

Joost
Beginner

Hmm, just found out that mail from Acronis Support is classified as junk email by Microsoft Outlook. That's why I missed it. I just sent them my system info report.

Talking about bloatware: I found 2 active services (Scheduler 2 and Scheduler Helper) and 5 (!) active user processes from Acronis in my task manager listing, while TIH is just waiting idle in the main menu, not doing any useful work.

I hope to find a way to turn off the scheduling. I just would like to see a simple process that performs an image backup. Preferably just started from the command line, so that it can be scripted. I can't see any reason why that would need more than one process with two threads.

Michael
Beginner

Same here.
If I select an existing backup config and want to make changes, I get the "not responding" message and the application never comes back.
After having so much trouble with nonstop backup I am not going to try their support for this again.

Acronis True Image Home is just dead.

I am using the latest build of TIH 2011 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Michael

Woody
Beginner

TIH 2011 is the last version I'll be suckered in to buying. I'm feding up waiting for bug fixes, forced to buy a new version, wait for bug fixes.............................

The Non stop backup feature has never worked, I gave up on that some time ago, but I consoled myself with the fact that atleast the core imaging/backup functionality still worked, atleast did ! The GUI is so slow it is unusable. Trying to navigate menu options, waiting for the thing to populate the drive destination boxes, trying to work out if it has locked up, is just an incredibly frustrating experience.

There is clearly no quality control or release testing going on here at all.

I'm running XP SP3 and TIH2011 Update 1 6597

Charles Jutkins
Forum Member

Woody I would try going back to the 55xx version you can download it at the website there are three versions available for 2011
I couldn't get 6597 to work at all. I liked Acronis 10 it worked as advertised I should have read reviews first.

Keith Marlowe
Beginner

I am having the same problem of "slowwwww" after any mouse click." It seemed the problem began with "plus pack". However, removing TI 2011 and the plus pack and reinstalling only the main program has not fixed things. Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 12 GB RAM.

r1peter
Forum Member

I have had the same problem -every time I pressed a key not responding --30 seconds later I would press the next key etc --hopeless -I have posted messages on 15776 - after a number of phone calls -upgrades -reinstalls etc , I believe I have now found the problem --it is with Acronis not windows etc
Read the postings on 15775 , if you have the same problem I have a simple work around --that can be done easily . I would also suggest you tell Acronis on the phone and in WRITING .
I WOULD SUGGEST you report it -I have found out in the past that blog sites like this are not monitored by developers or the companies .

Charles Jutkins
Forum Member

I don't understand the work around

Charles Jutkins
Forum Member

I don't understand the work around

r1peter
Forum Member

iF YOU HAVE A NETWORK i MAY BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF NOT RESPONDING BY GIVING YOU A FEW SIMPLE HINTS TO "WORKAROUND " THE PROBLEM TILL IT IS FIXED BY ACRONIS --(SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS)

Keith Marlowe
Beginner

What is the url for this work around?

r1peter
Forum Member

Keith
Have you a network ?
There is no URL for it but a few steps that I could suggest you try .

Charles Jutkins
Forum Member

What do mean by network ?
I have a wireless router with laptops and desktops almost
everybody has that but 6597 will not even recognize the local drives on the computer its installed on .

version 5519 works its just kind of slow and hosey

r1peter
Forum Member

Charles
By a net work I mean is another computer "connected" or able to be "accessed" from your computer ---eg -a laptop ,a work computer ,or another computer in your home ?

If you have laptopS (LAPTOPS ) I would think you may have a problem .

Charles Jutkins
Forum Member

I use my new laptop(wireless connection)all the time now normally the desktop is turned off unless I want to do a backup or transfer some files.
There is also a network printer on the router (Ethernet connection) but that is normally turned off also. But the desktop has a couple of large drives which I do my backups to . This situation worked well with xp and acronis 10 though I would hook the laptop up with a an Ethernet cable to the router when doing a backup because it was 3 to 5 times faster that way.

Window 7 64 HP dv6 INtel i5 8mb memory 500gb drive

I think the workaround is to run the previous version until these guys do something to fix 65xx
There sure have been enough people with problems reporting in .

r1peter
Forum Member

Charles
What you have is similar to me --with 2011 there is a major problem.
Try this WITH 2011
Before you open Acronis to make any changes --SWITCH ON YOUR NETWORK OF COMPUTERS
THEN OPEN ACRONIS --IT SHOULD NOW WORK
but , you have to do this every time you want to make changes to Acronis .
Once you have set Acronis to Back up it operates well (but you dont need the network on again to run Acronis ) but you need all the network on again if you make changes ..

I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU REPORT THIS PROBLEM TO ACRONIS BY PHONE AND VIA AN EMAIL .

i HOPE THIS WORK AROUND WORKS FOR YOU --PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW

Charles Jutkins
Forum Member

This thing should work on the computer its installed on regardless of what the other stuff on the net does .
5519 does not have this problem. I tried the online support twice the first time they wanted me to download the API files
with out checking which ones I had this produced no change so I tried again at which point they want me to make up a backup locally I didn't have the time or inclination to do that. Its apparent from this board that this new release has major problems and that 2011
never was that solid as its already had three revisions . I can't spend all my time debugging this program for these guys.

David Hogg
Beginner

My solution to this problem was to give up I'm afraid. I couldn't get the latest version of 2011 to work reliably after upgrading from TIH2009. Backups are way too important to let buggy software get in the way. Whilst I did have some success when I went to version 5519 I decided that, given that TIH2009 worked perfectly on Win 7 64 bit, it was time to get a refund (I'm still within my 30 days since purchase).

I consider this quite a shame as I have used Acronis products for some time and this is the first one I considered a risk to use in my circumstances.

I have reverted to TIH2009 and no problems - it just works!

r1peter
Forum Member

Charles
Did you try my suggestion ? Did it work.
Agree with you -Acronis have a problem that we ALL need to ask them to fix . Sending an email to them is just as easy as complaining here where they dont see our complaint

r1peter
Forum Member

Hi All
WE ALL NEED TO TELL ACRONIS AND ALSO EMAIL THEM THAT WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM --NO-ONE FROM ACRONIS READS OUR COMPLAINTS HERE -IF THEY DID THET WOULD HELP .wE NEED TO HELP OURSELVES -aCRONIS HAD A GREAT PRODUCT BUT THE NEW PRODUCT IS NOT WORKING -ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A NETWORK

THIS IS A GREAT FORUM TO LET OFF STEAM AND SEE WHAT OTHERS DO AND PERHAPS HELP EACH OTHER BUT DEVELOPERS NEED TO BE TOLD
AS IT HAS BEEN POINTED OUT --BACK UPS NEED TO BE DONE AND IF THE PRODUCT WE USE FAILS SO DOES ALL OUR DATE .
All I can add is try my suggestion for the work around solution (see previous posting) and TELL ACRONIS BY A PHONE CALL AND AN EMAIL

r1peter
Forum Member

Hi All
WE ALL NEED TO TELL ACRONIS AND ALSO EMAIL THEM THAT WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM --NO-ONE FROM ACRONIS READS OUR COMPLAINTS HERE -IF THEY DID THET WOULD HELP .wE NEED TO HELP OURSELVES -aCRONIS HAD A GREAT PRODUCT BUT THE NEW PRODUCT IS NOT WORKING -ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A NETWORK

THIS IS A GREAT FORUM TO LET OFF STEAM AND SEE WHAT OTHERS DO AND PERHAPS HELP EACH OTHER BUT DEVELOPERS NEED TO BE TOLD
AS IT HAS BEEN POINTED OUT --BACK UPS NEED TO BE DONE AND IF THE PRODUCT WE USE FAILS SO DOES ALL OUR DATE .
All I can add is try my suggestion for the work around solution (see previous posting) and TELL ACRONIS BY A PHONE CALL AND AN EMAIL

r1peter
Forum Member

Hi All

David Martin
Beginner

Peter you're a genius. And I should have thought of it too. That has fixed (worked around) the problem for me. All it means is that I have to switch on my 2nd NAS box as well as the 1st one which is where I normally get TIH to backup to.

It seems that while Windows (7) knows it has a network drive that is not connected, TIH will nevertheless keep trying to access it.

I have an open ticket with Acronis - I'll tell them the solution (for me) and ask how/when they will deliver a fix.

thanks .. this forum wins again

r1peter
Forum Member

David -Glad I was able to assist you -sorry about the fact that i did not post it on ALL THE FORUMS -Suggest you might also email Acronis and ask them to fix the problem -they know the work around as they have been told -but it needs to be fixed

Woody
Beginner

David Hogg wrote:

I have reverted to TIH2009 and no problems - it just works!

I'll second that, I could have saved myself a load of money, not being fooled into thinking I was getting non-stop backup with 2010, then paying again for 2011 to fix the bugs in 2010 only to find Im just dealing with the same bugs plus a load of new ones.

I'm past caring and refuse to do any more troubleshooting now. Im currently evaluating other imaging software.

r1peter
Forum Member

David
I have tried a number of backups but so far have found Acronis the best --
All things have problems when they are new --look at the cars companies recall -the airlines-TVs -builders of homes --etc
The important thing is to me -try something -point out the problems if it has them then ask the correct poeple to fix them -if they don't leave them .

We are all beginners --the more people who try things the better -we found a problem --we found a "work around it " NOW LETS ALL REPORT IT AND ASK ACRONIS TO FIX IT .-if they don't then go
Thanks to all

Charles Jutkins
Forum Member

I got an email from then today

Reloading the Api software did not make any change there is still nothing displayed in the destination window . If you look at the forums on your website you can see that there is a major problem with this release its not an isolated instance or user error. This release needs be pulled back offline until another version thats doesn't have problems can be released at least . I am talking about build 6597 from acronis 2011 it looks like the previous versions aren't so good either.

On 1/16/2011 12:23 AM, Utpal Neog wrote:
> Hello Charles Jutkins,
>
> We are following up with regard to your recent Acronis support case #01020917. The reply to your original question was sent out on 1/13/2011. We would like to make sure your issue/question has been resolved. Please Reply to this email and simply enter "RESOLVED" as your response if it has been fully resolved to your complete satisfaction.
>
> If you are still experiencing the same issue or are not completely satisfied, please Reply to this email with any additional information so we can continue to assist you right away.
>
> We look forward to your reply.
>
> Thank You
> Acronis Customer Central
> http://www.acronis.com/support/
>
> Acronis, Inc.
> 300 Trade Center Suite 6700
> Woburn, MA 01801 USA
> http://www.acronis.com
>
> ***Note: To ensure your reply is received, please do not edit the subject line of of this email.***
>
> [ref:00D3Zcb.5005BUO4E:ref]
>
>

r1peter
Forum Member

I am new to this forum -and a raw beginner and an old man in my 70s--yesterday I received 18 emails and spent most of the day trying to respond to them as I cannot follow who are the people that the emails are asking to help them ( This morning so far I have now received 7 emails))-=then I found the comments came from two different threads --so I tried to reply to all . This is a most stange blog --on the blogs that I the responder uses the question as the opening part of the answer --
Anyway --if you are asking me for an answer to a problem that I have found --this answer is to be tried is you have a network .
Here is what I have posted

Charles
What you have is similar to me --with 2011 there is a major problem.
Try this WITH 2011
Before you open Acronis to make any changes --SWITCH ON YOUR NETWORK OF COMPUTERS
THEN OPEN ACRONIS --IT SHOULD NOW WORK
but , you have to do this every time you want to make changes to Acronis .
Once you have set Acronis to Back up it operates well (but you dont need the network on again to run Acronis ) but you need all the network on again if you make changes ..
I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU REPORT THIS PROBLEM TO ACRONIS BY PHONE AND VIA AN EMAIL .
i HOPE THIS WORK AROUND WORKS FOR YOU --PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW

Hi All
WE ALL NEED TO TELL ACRONIS AND ALSO EMAIL THEM THAT WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM --NO-ONE FROM ACRONIS READS OUR COMPLAINTS HERE -IF THEY DID THET WOULD HELP .WE NEED TO HELP OURSELVES -ACRONIS HAD A GREAT PRODUCT BUT THE NEW PRODUCT IS NOT WORKING -ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A NETWORK

.Top

Yana
Forum Star

Hello all,

First of all thank you for your comments. I entirely share your frustration and concern, and appreciate your cooperation and patience. I have gathered all your comments and feedback, and forwarded it to the Management team. I've also contacted the Development team with the summary of the problem, and currently I'm waiting for the reply from their side - probably we'll have some news.

I've checked all our internal resources, and found no mention of a known issue that would match your description. Thus this issue is unknown to us, and requires investigation.

Please, should you have any problems with product being slow or unresponsive, gather the following diagnostic information: 

1. Acronis System Report from the problem machine
  2. Userdump from the problem machine (If the application stops responding. Userdump should be created for trueimage.exe process)
  3. Procmon output

After that submit a support case and let me know it's number. This issue is important for us, and we will highly appreciate any cooperation.

Should you have any issues with submitting a support request, please PM me the information collected.

MudCrab, Pat L, GatorTrader and Peter, thank you for your comments and assistance.

I'd also like to confirm that Peter's workaround may solve the issue in case you have any offline mapped drives. This issue is currently in the Tester's Department, they are working on reproducing it. Currently there's no other workaround but to disable all offline resources. As soon as we have this issue reproduced in our lab, we will forward this to our Development team.

I'll keep tracking the issue state and will notify you in case we have any news.

Please also keep in mind that unfortunately Forum is not a support channel, but a community (see TOU). So the best way to contact support is to reach them directly.

Thank you once again for cooperation. Let me know if you have any questions or concern, I'll do my best to help you.

r1peter
Forum Member

To On Line Moderator
Thank you for your interest
As a beginner here and also a beginner with using computers I make a couple of comments

It is good to see that someone is looking at the comments and sending them to Acronis
The request you ask us all to do like
1.Acronis System Report from the problem machine
2.Userdump from the problem machine (If the application stops responding. Userdump should be created for trueimage.exe process)
3.Procmon output
are very difficult for someone who is a beginner like me --eg where are these reports ??

You state that users should contact support directly --how do they do this --I ask this because a few users have asked this on the forum and no-one has said how .
The best way to assist us all is to get Acronis to fix the problem as soon as possible as they have appeared to have had a good program in the past BUT IT IS NOT WORKING NOW FOR A LOT OF US . The is also a real public relations exercise to also keep users happy

Keith Marlowe
Beginner

I have sent Acronis a support request, [ ref:00D3Zcb.5005BUYCS:ref]. although it has been acknowledged as sent, i have received no help. As a result, i have asked for a refund and then go back to version 2010. the work around does not help me as I do not have all the network drives available to me that were attached when i installed Acronis.

r1peter
Forum Member

Keith
A simple suggestion
Why not just unplug your computer from the network

Lets know if that helps

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE TRIED TO GET THEIR ACRONIS TO WORK BY SWITCHING ON ALL THEIR NETWORK COMPUTERS

DID IT WORK ?
DIDN'T IT WORK?
Have you contacted Acronis ?
Over 100 postings where made about this problem and so far 3 have reported that my suggestion works --what about the others who had problems ????????--An old man would like to know if his suggestion worked

Gork
Gork's picture
Regular Poster

@Yana
I would think that this problem would be fairly easy to duplicate without all this information, but I will gladly jump through the hoops to provide it anyway. I just have one question: Will I find, after going through all these steps, that Acronis will force me to pay them to submit this information? I'm not interested in submitting payment to assist Acronis with tracking down a bug, even with the promise that it might later be refunded. I do see that you have noted the information can be sent to you in a PM as well.