20106: Boot disk Hangup for TIH 11

14 replies [Last post]
Craig Bennett
Beginner

I've cloned my HD (WD 320GB SATA) to the one I'd like to be my primary (WD 1TB SATA).
After the cloning, I move the new HD into the SATA 0 spot, and boot from the "bootable media" disk (CD) I made. This starts to load, then runs through an outpouring of text about various devices and such and then gets stopped on a bit about the IEEE 1394. This is as far as it has gotten. Is there a problem with my boot disk? what can I do to get past the hold up?

I'm using the most recent build of Acronis True Image Home, 6696 on a Win 7 x64 Dell T3500

Thanks,
Craig

Klaus Mevissen
Beginner

Hi folks,
i am running in to the same problem by backup the delivery state of several Dell Precision T3500. I am using the downloaded ISO of the most recent build of A TI 2011 Home #6696. Windows has not started jet.
With PowerEdge Server R710 this CD is working fine.

Thanks for any help.

Klaus

Robert Tsai
Beginner

HI I am trying to boot into TIH 11as well on my T3500 but it hangs at

Using /lib/modules/nfs.ko

AttachmentSize
photo.jpg 2.3 MB
Pat L
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

You should submit a ticket to Acronis support to see about driver support.

Win 10 Pro x64 SSD - ATI 2016 Latest build

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello all,

Thank you for your posts and your help is appreciated Pat.

Craig, Klaus and Robert,

Would you be kind enough to get back to me with this report - Generating Acronis System Report from Acronis Bootable Media without Booting into GUI. This will help us understand why the issue occurs. I will forward the information to our Development team.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Craig Bennett
Beginner

I found success with the "safe mode" acronis boot disk, that I downloaded and burned as an .iso on my boot CD. I'm not sure that the report I generate will be as accurate since I've changed my hard drive configuration since the issue, but I can give it a try when I find time in the next few days. I've gone to Raid 1 with two HDs from the single HD I started with. I realized after I did the initial recovery that I had to setup the raid array, then do the recovery.

Craig

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello all,

Craig, thank you for the follow-up.

I have some additional info that could be useful to anyone with a similar issue. One of our Customers was very kind enough to send me a private message with a description of how he got around this problem.

He used another computer to install Acronis True Image 2011 Home and he re-created the bootable media was functional. It appears there was some sort of corruption of the bootable media creator files or some third-party application was blocking those files.

You can either repair ATIH 2011 by launching the installation file, select to install ATIH 2011 and select repair, or try downloading the bootable media from your Acronis web-account.

This is only a temporary workaround since we are still working on determining the exact cause of this issue.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Ragipindi Amarana...
Beginner

I am also facing the similar problem in my machine.
Please help me in solving this problem.I couldn't proceed further because of this problem

Thanks ,
Amar

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Amar,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forum. I will definitely help you with this issue.

There are a few things that can be done to resolve it. You can do one of the following:

1. Try a workaround suggested by one of our Customers.

2. Collect this report and contact our Support team for a full investigation.

3. Download Acronis bootable media from your Acronis account.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Ragipindi Amarana...
Beginner

Hello Anton,
Thanks for your quick reply.
As you said ,I tried to create the report (With rescue media -System report option).But my machine is hanging at the same place as before.

Do you have any idea? How to collect the report(I mean Location) ?

Regards
Amar

Ragipindi Amarana...
Beginner

Hello Anton,
I contacted Acronis with the System report and they provided me solution.

Thank you very much for your suggestion

Amar

Melissa Ko
Beginner

I am having the same issue with a Dell T3500. I tried downloading the bootable media from my account and also tried recreating a bootable media from another machine. NOTHING WORKS!

Please advise....

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Amar and Melissa,

Thank you for your posts. I am glad that the issue was resolved Amar.

Meilissa, please boot from the boot CD using this parameter: quiet acpi=off noapic

You can enter this parameter the following way - boot from the CD and in the disk menu press F11. In the prompt type this command and press OK.

If you need additional help please let me know.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Robert@UVa
Beginner

Anton wrote:
please boot from the boot CD using this parameter: quiet acpi=off noapic

You an enter this parameter the following way - boot from the CD and in the disk menu press F11. In the prompt type this command and press OK.

Anton's solution worked beautifully on all our Dell Precision T3500 workstations for a PXE Recovery Media boot...

Sadly, this topic was hard to find as the thread topic is not what I would have searched for, and my issue was with Acronis Backup & Recovery 10...

Thanks Anton all those who participated in this thread and got it answered... How about adding it to some kind of FAQ or Knowledgebase?

Robert @ UVa

Ed
Forum Member

I have a machine that won't boot from the ATIH 2011 (Build 6942) Recovery Disk (created using the ISO I downloaded from my account). Two other machines boot successfully.

The output indicates a problem inserting usb-storage.ko:

Loader Output

This is after specifying "acpi=off noapic".

I'm stumped and invite your advice.

True Image Home 2011, build 6942