28477: Sorry, the Storage Server is not available now. Please try again later.

150 replies [Last post]
chuck wagner
Beginner

I just signed up for a year of service last night and when I try access thru the Recover My Data Now webpage I am getting:

Sorry, the Storage Server is not available now. Please try again later.
ssn :C49DEAD7DFF54F2543FB64E48667F132.betha
rqst : 3e16b4f6

I have only had this service for 12 hours and am not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Anyone have any idea what this issue might be?

Neil Reimann
Beginner

Not just you. I have been getting that message for 2 days now and I signed up 5 days ago. After visiting this forum I lost that warm and fuzzy feeling as well.

chuck wagner
Beginner

It appears that the Recover my Data page is working now.

Chuck
Beginner

I just signed up 2 days ago. ATIO crashed during my first backup. Ever since then I have been getting the Storage Server is not available now message!! Online Chat was very infuriating. A drone named "Toshi" denied that there were any problems with the server!!!! When I disputed that, he cut me off!!! Acronis is getting off to a terrible start with me.

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum. I am really sorry to hear about these issues but I will definitely help you.

The storage server is not available error message indicates that there is a temporary issue with our online backup server. Were you able to resume your backups?

Thank you for your comments about our online chat, I have forwarded them to our Management team.

If you need additional help please let me know.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Chuck
Beginner

Hello,
Thank you for your response. Yes, after 24 hours, I was able to resume backup activities.
A suggestion: Acronis should post network disruption status notifications in a prominent location on your website, so that we Customers won't need to waste our valuable time troubleshooting issues that are NOT on our local computers. This will dramatically reduce the frustration, and Anger, that many of us are experiencing with Acronis.

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hi Chuck,

Thank you very much for your suggestion and I am glad to hear that you were able to resume your backups.

I will forward your feedback to our Product Management team via our Customer Listening System.

Let me know if you have additional questions please.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Robert
Beginner

I'm getting the same issue, but only on certain folders. I'm in my 30 day trial, trying to figure out whether to purchase the program (I only mention this because I'm starting to become afraid my trial will run out before I get this working). I have a lot of files I share between my laptop and desktop. I thought it would be better to use the sync feature to back up those online and then do the rest of my online backup using the online backup feature.

All of the smaller directories I have syncing appear to work fine, at least I can view the files. My PDFs directory the smallest of the three large ones, says it has 47 GB in it, but when I click to view the files it displays an empty folder. My documents and music both give the "Sorry, the Storage Server is not available now. Please try again later" error. It's been 36 hours or so at this point. Is there a indexing period or something of the like on large sync folders?

Thanks.

Bob

Robert
Beginner

Two more days and I still can't access those files. The number of updates is incrementing. Still no successful sync, either.

Marit
Beginner

I have purchased the product more than a year ago and never had real issues. Since a couple of days the backup does not work anymore. Same error as described above ("Sorry, the Storage Server is not available now. Please try again later." Details: ssn : 4D4194F96FA5CC003815DE9EB6D4B937.gammarqst : 115523db).
I contacted support via Chat. The agent told me to try again in 4-5 hours - great help.
I now sent an email request as well. Hope this helps, otherwise I need a new product (new company). I pay for an online backup that runs every day - that is critical for me.

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Robert and Marit,

Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry to hear about these issues.

I will update our Support team so that we can get this issue addressed as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Marit
Beginner

Hello,
my ticket is still open, 

thanks

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Marit,

Thank you for the update.

I apologize for the delay and I am very sorry to hear that the backup is not working. I have updated our Management team about the status of your case and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Jason Wearmouth
Beginner

I am having the exact same issue as Chuck,
ssn : D505D1297DBFC5EC70F8EBFB0B90A75A.alpha
rqst : 2af12577
I have been having this issue for the last 48 hours. I am trying to Sync a folder containing 1200 .jpg's to the "Acronis Online storage" and consistantly get the above message. The frustrating part is after trolling google and acronis I have not found a single procedure to fix this. All I ever see is someone from acronis saying please try again.

Could someone from acronis please provide a solution. I have paid for a full year of online storage with the expectation that I could be up and running over the course of the weekend. I have seen this issue showing up in google going all the way back to 2009...

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Jason,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post.

I am terribly sorry about this issue. Currently the fastest way to resolve it is through our Support team. We offer technical support for the duration of the Online backup subscription.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Marit
Beginner

My issue ist still not resolved

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Marit,

Thank you very much for the follow-up.

We are really sorry for not getting back to you. Your case has been escalated to our Expert team and we are currently working on investigating this issue.

I will ask our Management team to provide you with an update about this issue.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Robert
Beginner

I had a similarly negative experience. It was five hours in which the tech refused to look at the problem itself and insisted on blaming matters on any error he could find on my machine (such as a single file not being uploaded because it was in use). By the end, I was convinced he was under orders to stall until I rage-quit the chat. He would frequently ask, "Can I close this case?" even though he hadn't addressed the issue in any way. Finally at the end I figured out that he knew about others having this issue and had been ordered not to admit it (I suspected that earlier, of course, but when I refused to let him off the chat he finally had to acknowledge that I had an issue). It's at the expert team now, but to my knowledge they still haven't looked into it. I just get an e-mail from time to time asking if the issue went away on its own.

It was actually kind of fascinating to watch. Frustrating, but fascinating. If this software didn't have the perfect feature set for my needs, I would have quit this long ago. Now I'm just watching the car wreck in horror.

Bob

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Marit and Robert,

Marit, I checked your case and our Expert Support Engineer contacted you. We are very sorry for the delay.

Robert, thank you very much for posting your feedback.

We are very sorry that you got this impression and I will forward your comments to our Management so that we can avoid such situations in the future.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Rob Dijkstra
Beginner

I also have a lot of problems with the online backup service:
Ik made a backup of my documents (got a lot of timesserver not available) and when syncing my documents online, all my online data dissapeared.
That but I also discovered that I lost data on my computer too. Also a lot of time the acronis program stopt: Acronis is not wworking anymore...

I started a chat service, but since the chathelperdidnot know anything about the online backup and sinc possibilities, I stopped the chat.

Luckily I am also experimenting with Live Drive so I could receive my data again from that cloud service.

I bought a familypack with tyhe online possibilities. Most of the time a family has 4 persons, but in the Acronis Marketing department they calculate three.
Also the amount in GYG (250) is very low if you have more computers running.

I am using Acronis for manymanyyers,but I am really verydissapointed about 2012 and all the on line features.
I want my money back, but there is no way to orginize that I think.

Please inform me how to solve all these problems: on line back up is a serious item and Customers have to trust it for 100%.

Regards,
Rob Dijkstra

Daniel Gehriger
Beginner

Same here - I get "Sorry, the Storage Server is not available now. Please try again later." when trying to access the backup through the web browser, and a similar error when using the ATIH2012 application.

Support was useless so far and I've already lost two hours with them on chat and e-mail (ref:_00D30Zcb._50050FZo0L:ref ). They actually asked me to delete my client certificate, which I did, and this completely screwed up the backup in ATIH2012. Luckily I was able to restore the original cert to at least be able to continue to back up (although I'm unable to restore!).

The mere fact that they asked me to delete the client cert on my computer, when the error message I'm getting happens in their web application (which may be inside a browser not even running on my computer!) shows their complete ignorance. It's driving mad that every second answer on support chat is "I'll definitely assist you with this problem" without providing a single useful answer!

Acronis - fix this issue, FAST!

Rob Dijkstra
Beginner

PS I stopped syncing due to be afraid to loose more data.

Daniel Gehriger
Beginner

Incredible - I'm on support chat right now after receiving the error message when trying to view/restore my backup using the web browser of a different computer. And they ask me to access my computer to "troubleshoot".

Daniel Gehriger
Beginner

Ok - at least I've received official confirmation that their servers have a problem.

Marit
Beginner

My case was taken over by an expert on tuesday. This expert promised me feedback in 1-2 days. Guess what happend? It's friday and still no feedback? I am reall very dissapointed by the level of service this company gives. I asked for a contact person to refund my already paid yearly service fee. Two weeks without backup is just not acceptable. What annoys me most is the fact that they claim it's a uniqe problem for me when I read at the same time in this forum that this happens to other Customers as well.

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello everyone,

We are really sorry about these issues are working hard to resolve them.

Marit, sometimes an issue needs to be investigated on a Customers machine even though there is a generic message which affects a lot of our Customers.

Our Management team is aware of the situation and is doing our best to get these problems addressed.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Marit
Beginner

update about my case:
Last tuesday I was informed, that an "expert" now took over. She promised to come back to me after 1-2 days.

Yes and by the way, the backup still does not work (including access to previous backed-up files).

Daniel Gehriger
Beginner

@Anton: the problem is that your support tries to waste our time by asking us to perform lots of complex tasks on our computers, in the hope that by the time we've finished, the problem has been solved on your site. In that case, I have no doubt that you would have told us that the problem has been resolved due to a problem on our computers... Only if this strategy starts to fall apart are you timidly admitting to a server problem. But only in private, of course!

- Daniel

Marit
Beginner

Another day

Sally Wilson
Beginner

I have been having the same issue for past week or two.

Storage Server is not available

ssn : 70165F7FC1EA3774445B34B38C5ED085.gamma
rqst : 7f5067a4

I have had so many issues with Acronis online backup maybe it's time to find an alternative.

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Marit, Daniel and Sally,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this.

We are investigating these problems from our end and we are very sorry that it is taking so long.

As soon as we have any information we will definitely update this thread and contact you.

Marit, Daniel, we really appreciate your feedback on this and we are doing our best to get this resolved. I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly in case you have additional questions about your support cases because posting continuous follow-ups about the same issue can prevent us from handling posts by other users in this thread.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Anton Deev

Alexander Brajkin
Alexander Brajkin's picture
Expert Team Manager

Dear Community!

I wanted to reach out to you and share some insight into the issues you've reported in this thread. In general, "Storage Server is not available now" message can be received when there are issues communicating with Acronis Online Backup servers. This can happen due to several reasons: issues on the client side (Internet connection issues), no response from the server part (e.g. due to maintenance or server malfunction), issues with metadata on the particular account.

The first two factors are easy to determine and can be quickly excluded from the equation: just troubleshoot the connection as described in KB 4350. Acronis Online Backup servers maintenance is done rarely (and usually either notifications are sent, or there is a respective alert on the site) and is finished within a couple of hours; I don't foresee a situation when it can run for days. If this is a server malfunction, it's also fixed right away. Proper ping and telnet connection will also show that there are no issues from the client side (i.e. your Internet connection is fine).

One more thing you can do to localize the issue: is to log into your account, go to Online Backup for Home section and click on "Recover my data now" button -> try to browse the backups you have. This will force your browser to connect to the web based application which will query the respective data from the online servers. If you still receive the same message (and the servers can be pinged as described above) - then the problem is not specific to the client machine and network connection. The issue is most probably related to the particular account internal issues (e.g. there is some metadata discrepancy which leads to unusually long time of browsing the account and timing out as a result).

Each of these unique problems are to be quickly escalated to Acronis Customer Central through your account along with a fresh system report or AcronisInfo output. The problem will be escalated to our Online Backup Team to review the specifics of the respective account and introduce a fix.

There were just several cases reported on this matter, and no general pattern has been revealed so far, so we eagerly look for your cooperation to get such issues fully localized and prevent from happening on any of our Customers' accounts in future. If you report the problem this way, we will also review individually the possibility to update the subscription period to compensate for the time spent on the investigation.

Thank you,
Alexander

Mike Mecklenburg
Beginner

Alexander-
thank you for explaining. I've had this service less than 8 months and probably lost ability to connect a half-dozen times during that short period. I've found chat support lacking; I'm lead through irrelevant tasks that contradict my original question, my reported pre-call troubleshooting and how my issue presents. The last agent I spoke with told me to give it some more time - its been two weeks and like you said, its rare for your service to be down. I've long suspected account authorization issues - what you describe as meta data?

Here's what I asked of the agent - why don't you post outage information on the support page? I frequently have trouble, but there's never a hint of trouble reported on the Acronis site. This makes no sense. Why would a support agent start their script by asking if I have firewall, etc, etc, when I've been performing backups for 8 months. Also, I've provided the system reports in the past, which are so large I have to post to a share site, and I've never had a tech comment on them or resolve a problem from them. Why not instead start with the basics, can you ping, can you telnet, can you run the local and web clients. I think the support scripts need to be updated.

I like the way you laid out your posting above and would seek that to be the model for Acronis chat support.

So now, I have to chat again and try to stop them mid-script and redirect them to 'meta' data. I've been without a backup almost two weeks, on two different PCs, and also tried web access from both home and work. At first, even telnet didn't work, but now its working again, but still no access from any location or any PC. In the past, this eventually resolves somehow, as mysteriously as the problem occurs, it goes away. I hope the same this time.

Robert
Beginner

Tonight they tried to close the case. AGAIN. They haven't done one thing to try to fix it. They just keep trying to close the case, pretending that I haven't told them over and OVER again that it isn't fix. They never tell me they've tried anything. They just send me e-mails asking to close the case.

Of course they send this one from a noreply e-mail address with instructions to reply if they can't close the case. So at this point they've obviously just given up and are making it so that I can't tell them the problem is still on going.

Or at least I assume it is. My trial ended and they haven't extended it, despite telling me they were going to do so.

This is just ridiculous.

Bob

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Robert,

Thank you very much for your update.

We are very sorry that you got the impression that we were trying to close the case. I got in touch with the Support Engineer working on your case to adjust the automatic notifications, we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. Our case system works like this: after an e-mail is sent to the Customer and he does not respond after a few days, an automatic follow-up is sent.

Our Management team is aware of the situation and we are working hard to resolve this issue. We extended your trial subscription as compensation for the issue that you experienced with our Online Backup service.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Heinz Biedermann
Beginner

Hi Anton same Problem here!

now im waiting 4 Day's and nothing changed by my status!
I can't connect to my backup data.
-> i testet with different ISP and PC's on all the pc's the connection TEST( KB 4350) to your server works!

-->but not with your software, ther is all blank and with the browser this error popup :

Less information
ssn : AC1C720C586B8297C8CAB446FB3DE6FF.gamma
rqst : 734e3dde

pls help me!

Rob Dijkstra
Beginner

I wrote one message in this forum and onde to acronis.
I wanted my money back (family pack) since acronis does not deliver what the promise.
Nothing heard from this.

I will inform several info magazines in Holland about the problems with acronis. The company always has 5 stars in the Netherlands ang gets a lot of free positive free publicity.

Since also my message on this forum was fully denied, I lost data with the acronsi syncing program!!!!,
My belief in this formerly so respective company is lost.

There are no problems with the users. Ther eis a problem in the cloud servvice
If you make a backup there is no problem at all. If you syn with the cloud the problem starts as soon as data is synced. Really full directories are gone.

It is important that the problem is escalated to the Board. A lot of new mony must be invested by acronis in order to solve the problem.
And users must be updated daily about the progress.

Thats a way to handle loyal clients.

Rob

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Rob,

Thank you very much for your message.

I am very sorry to hear about the issues that you are having with our Online backup service. Unfortunately I was not able to find your support case with us, do you think you could follow-up with your case number in case you were using a different e-mail address to contact our Support team.

Each issue needs to be investigated from our side, and we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Looking forward to your reply and if you have additional questions please let me know.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Marit
Beginner

Update:
I got informed by the support that I get back my money.

good thing: I have my money back

Reinout Depoorter
Beginner

All my backup data is gone.
I get the same message: "Sorry, the storage...." and it indicates 0% usage.
When I try to contact support, it is impossible to select the product in the form, so I cannot submit, because it complains the product must be filled in.

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Marit and Reinout,

Thank you very much for your posts.

Marit, we appreciate your update and we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Reinout, could you please navigate to your Acronis web-account and contact our Support team this way. I would recommend to work on this issue through our Support team, I apologize for the issue that you are experiencing.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Michael Krautzberger
Beginner

Same Problem here and still no usefull response by support team :(

https://obstorage.acronis.com:

Less information
ssn : D88EBB56EBBAE99ADD5132125991C48A.gamma
rqst : 28b3702f

Please grant access to the stored backup data! That is essential fo a Online Backup Service!!

Steve Zurlo
Beginner

Same issue. Since at least yesterday morning I can no longer access my online backups from the client software or from the website. The client reports "Remote server {0} is unavailable" and the website gives the same error most everyone else here is getting:

Less information
ssn : 501BEAAD46EBC4185D7432BC044F343F.betha
rqst : 4089314f

So I started a chat session with support that ended with him telling me he was going to send me instructions to run a bunch of system reports on my PC to send back to him. This, in spite of the fact that I explained to him that I get this error on the website no matter where I access it from, AND an Acronis rep stated in this very thread, (post #31), that if you get this error from the website the issue is likely something on their end (account issue, etc), not mine. Longer story short, I never did get the aforementioned promised e-mail from the chat rep, so I opened a case via e-mail. Now the waiting begins, I guess....

NOTE: I CAN successfully telnet to all three servers listed in KB 4350.

CC
Beginner

I've been a week now trying to do an online backup and it fails consistently. I have absolutely nothing backed up and a weeks worth of trying.

I've been getting the same error periodically and now I get the below when I try to view my online storage.
-CC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is ru.acronis.backup.exception.EncryptionException: Can't get private key from file system: keys/url-private.key
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:656)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:549)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
ru.acronis.backup.filters.TimeZoneOffsetFilter.doFilter(TimeZoneOffsetFilter.java:49)
ru.acronis.backup.filters.EncodingFilter.doFilter(EncodingFilter.java:98)
ru.acronis.backup.filters.LoginFilter.doFilter(LoginFilter.java:88)
ru.acronis.aop.aspects.filter.BenchmarkFilter.doFilter(BenchmarkFilter.java:31)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor51.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:309)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:80)
ru.acronis.aop.aspects.LoggingAspect.logResponseTime(LoggingAspect.java:132)
ru.acronis.aop.aspects.LoggingAspect.logWebResponseTime(LoggingAspect.java:58)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor50.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:621)
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:610)
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAroundAdvice.invoke(AspectJAroundAdvice.java:65)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAfterThrowingAdvice.invoke(AspectJAfterThrowingAdvice.java:55)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
$Proxy8.doFilter(Unknown Source)
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:237)
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)
ru.acronis.backup.filters.Log4jSessionFilter.doFilterInternal(Log4jSessionFilter.java:58)
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
ru.acronis.backup.filters.NoCacheFilter.doFilter(NoCacheFilter.java:69)
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:391)
root cause

ru.acronis.backup.exception.EncryptionException: Can't get private key from file system: keys/url-private.key
ru.acronis.backup.util.EncryptionUtils.decryptURLCipher(EncryptionUtils.java:149)
ru.acronis.backup.springmvc.controller.LoginController.acroWebLogin(LoginController.java:313)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvoker.invokeHandlerMethod(HandlerMethodInvoker.java:176)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:426)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.handle(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:414)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:790)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:549)
ru.acronis.backup.filters.TimeZoneOffsetFilter.doFilter(TimeZoneOffsetFilter.java:49)
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:309)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:80)
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:621)
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:610)
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAroundAdvice.invoke(AspectJAroundAdvice.java:65)
org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAfterThrowingAdvice.invoke(AspectJAfterThrowingAdvice.java:55)
org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:237)
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)
ru.acronis.backup.filters.Log4jSessionFilter.doFilterInternal(Log4jSessionFilter.java:58)
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:391)
root cause

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/keys/url-private.key (Too many open files)
java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.openInputStream(FileUtils.java:139)
org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.readFileToString(FileUtils.java:1102)
org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.readFileToString(FileUtils.java:1120)
ru.acronis.backup.util.EncryptionUtils.getPrivateKey(EncryptionUtils.java:282)
ru.acronis.backup.util.EncryptionUtils.decryptURLCipher(EncryptionUtils.java:135)
ru.acronis.backup.springmvc.controller.LoginController.acroWebLogin(LoginController.java:313)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvoker.invokeHandlerMethod(HandlerMethodInvoker.java:176)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:426)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.handle(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:414)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:790)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.26 logs.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.26

Stephen Kinser
Beginner

I assume from that error that Acronis needs to increase the open file limit on their linux servers. It's a common issue for servers that are receiving higher load than it's configured for.

Roland Wenzlofsky
Beginner

I have the same problem. If i cannot use the online backup withing a few days from now I have to switch to another provider. The worst what can happen is a backup service which is not reliable.

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for keeping us posted.

Michael, the issue is with our Development team, we are currently working on it. I also sent your comment to our Management team, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Steve, we are processing your case and if you have additional questions about it please contact me directly.

CC, from your last e-mail that you sent us, the issue appears to be resolved.

Roland, we would really appreciate if you could collect this report and contact our Support team directly so that we can assist you.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

CC
Beginner

Yes Anton thanks.

Until now I have not had a chance to update this thread.

The status of my storage LUN is now stable and my backup is flowing. I'm unsure what has transpired as no one from support has contacted me to let me know what was done.

The backup I have is rather large so it will trickle in over the next two weeks.

The issues that I have originally experienced had my backup fail at day 2, so I'm not there yet (waiting with fingers crossed that I get past that threshold).

I will update here after the backup completes and if I am able to restore. That seems to be the bigger issue in this thread, when people are trying to restore they are getting the server unavailable message.

-CC

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hi CC,

Thank you for the update CC.

I got in touch with our Support team to understand more about the issue that you experienced.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Anton Deev

XIII
XIII's picture
Beginner

Similar problems here:

- first unable to connect to the server for more than a week
- then all data reported as lost (0 bytes stored)
- next all data suddenly back, but still backing up a lot from scratch as a copy (almost doubling the required size online)
- finally no longer accepting my personal encryption key (which I stored in a safe password manager and did not change)
- result: no backup (and no access to my backup online!) for almost 2 weeks now

I have had to start from scratch at least two times before in less than a year...

Thus, I'm very close to requesting a refund. I hope Acronis can finally solve this, now (before I do give up).

BTW: in the chat the Acronis support person asked for my personal encryption key (and this has happened before): totally unacceptable!

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello XIII,

Thank you for your post and I appreciate your detailed feedback.

We are very sorry about the issues that you have experienced and I will forward your case to our Management team so that we can speed the resolution.

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our request for the encryption key, we are very sorry for this. Occasionally we request the encryption key for troubleshooting purposes.

Thank you.

Anton Deev