30282: Red X on Source Drive

8 replies [Last post]
Rab
Beginner

Still having problems trying to clone a drive, and was wondering if a red X on the source Drive is stopping it. Also there was a message saying, "Failed to read MBR etc". See attachment

Also should have said that this is a OEM setup of Win 7 64bit.

AttachmentSize
capture5.png83.43 KB
tuttle
tuttle's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Try making a full disk backup of the drive. If that works, you can restore that image to the new drive. I prefer this method rather than Clone anyway, for many reasons.

I am not staff and am not paid. I provide help on a volunteer basis on my own time.

Mark Wharton
Mark Wharton's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

A red X indicates an unrecognized file system type or filesystem corruption. Try running chkdsk c: /f (or schedule a disk check from the Windows Explorer GUI) on the partition to fix the corruption.

Acronis TI 10, TI 2011, TI 2013, DD 10, DD 11 user
Amateur Radio K0LO

Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Be sure to open as admin window for command prompt and enter chkdsk [drive]:\ /f there to ensure that all 5 disk check operations are performed.

sh

Be part of the discussion; Post your objective product views on Amazon and other sites.
Reading works. Get the User Guide at http://www.acronis.com/support/documentation/

Rab
Beginner

Comes back sayihg that I have no errors. I even downloaded WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows, and it says I have no errors.

tuttle
tuttle's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

When you look in Windows Device Manager, under Disk Drives is there an error indicator for that drive?

I am not staff and am not paid. I provide help on a volunteer basis on my own time.

Rab
Beginner

tuttle wrote:

When you look in Windows Device Manager, under Disk Drives is there an error indicator for that drive?

No errors are shown.

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

Is this drive one of the advanced format drives?

Look at the disk inside Windows Disk Management graphical view and see how the disk is described such as "basic", etc.

The disk check error report can be found in the Events log, under applications. Use the date and time it ran as a good place to start looking.

MudCrab
MudCrab's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Can you post a screenshot of what Disk Management shows?

Does TI still report the partitions as having problems if you boot to the TI CD?

It could be something with the partitions/structures and not the file systems.

MudCrab's Website

Drive Notify ~ Schedule your backups without being required to keep your backup drive connected.