30873: Schedule back-up

2 replies [Last post]
Apan Basu

I found the information on how to do the back up. Now I am trying to schedule cloneing a drive to an external drive. It gives me a message the destination drive contains some partitions and that could contain useful data. Click Ok to confirm deletion of the partitions.
My question is: Will the deletion of partition delete the data in that partition?
This drive is my main back-up drive. I donot want to loose any information stored in this drive.
What should I do now?
This is the first time I am using the forum. I do not see any key as "Post" I am clicking the Save button. Hopefully that will post this post. Is there a way I could get a notification when ther is an answer?

Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer

Yes, delete, means it will delete the partition, so anything int the partition goes out with the bath water.

Check out:

When posting, if you have the box check "Notify me when new comments are posted" you will be notified when new comments are posted on that thread.

Be part of the discussion; Post your objective product views on Amazon and other sites. Reading works. Get the User Guide at http://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/

GroverH's picture

you do not want to use the clone procedure, It is for making forcing a target disk to the the same as the source disk. Two disks alike.
Most likely, what you want to do is to make a backup of your system so it can be restored or recreated when needed. Check this link for how to create a backup task in order to create an actual backup.

Grovers status = Inactive    1. Grover's New Revised Guides    4.  2014 Cleanup    2015 Cleanup    5. Attachments/How   7. TI 2015 FAQ.
2. Create BKU Tasks >   2011_2012_2013    2A. Using 2014    6.  Help  2016  2015 2014  2013       8.  Stop Scan for Backups   8A.  ATIH Video's
3.  Create new disks-Guides.    9.  Register/Downloads     10.  Mustang's New Guides   11.  Les Seiler's Backup Video