We are in the 30 day test drive....In an attempt to see if the initial full image (together with the initial incremental image) is recognized by the rescue CD we did a test drive and created step by step document as we did the test drive
The document follows...The key questions follow step 8 and step 9 and further delineated by being preceded by the word QUESTION in CAPS.
1. When first screen pops up choose “Acronis True Image Home”
2. When the next screen comes up Acronis asks “What would you like to do”
3. The next screen will say “Data Recover and Backup Management”
Choose "Browse for Backup"
4. On screen marked “Browse for Location” NOTE “Browse for Location” is very small at top of screen...... choose drive:… Hitachi or Seagate (if we can determine which drive is Seagate as our drive letters may have changed in the Acronis software)
5. Choose last date (optionally we can go back in time to an earlier date …and either a full backup or an incremental can be chosen) Then Right click on the chosen image and select “RECOVER”
6. IF new screen does not pop-up.... then repeat right clicking on chosen image and again select “RECOVER”
7. On the next screen choose RECOVER WHOLE DISKS AND PARTITIONS
8. Select NTFS unlabeled (C)……........................? the option named NTFS(System Reserved) is probably Rollback Rx?
QUESTION...Is NTFS(system reserved) rollback, and can we select it IN ADDITION to NTFS (unlabeled (C) in order to restore both our C drive AND our Rollback Rx images AND our rollback Rx software (so as to prevent our having to re-download and re-install the Rollback Rx software)
9 IF nothing is under “specify recover settings of partition C” then choose “New Location” and then choose the drive that approximates the 250 Gigabyte drives of our Dell Latitude hard drives.
QUESTION: When we did this there was no “C” drive option offered. But there was a “D” drive that approximated the size of the hard drive in the PC on which we were testing the Acronis software????
10 In “specify recover setting of partition C” if the word PRIMARY is not seen Change “DEFAULT” and make sure there is a bullet in “PRIMARY” and that “MARK THE PARTITION AS ACTIVE” IS CHECKED
11 On the same screen as 10 (above) then click “OPTIONS” (hard to see in lower left hand corner) and check “validate archive before recovery”
12 on option screen click “proceed”
Answers to our questions (after items 8 and 9 of the step by step in our test run) would be most appreciated.
Also if there is an error in the manner in which we did the test run, please share your knowledge with us at firstname.lastname@example.org