3168: Bootable Acronis 10 CD does not find SATA-HDD (Error: 000101F4).

104 replies [Last post]
Steffen Beck
Beginner

Hello,

When I create a bootable CD with Acronis 10, the Programm does not find the HDD. An Error Message appears: (Error: 000101F4). In the Bios of the PC the SATA Port is in the IDE-Mode and no other recovery mechanism is installed.

When I create a bootable CD with Acronis 11, the CD is booting, I can choose Acronis True Image (Full Version) then the typical Screen from Acronis appears, but when this Picture disappears the Screen leaves black and nothing goes on, even waiting 10 Minutes.

I made the Acronis driver update and created again a bootabel CD but it didn´t contain the additional drivers

What can I do?

Regards

Michael Ihle

Oleg
Oleg's picture
Acronis QA Engineer

Hello Steffen,

Thank you for using Plugin <em></em> Not Found

Please try to do the following:

- Insert a blank unformatted CD.

- Launch Acronis True Image 11 Home -> Tools -> Create Bootable Rescue Media -> Next -> Next -> Select Bootable media startup parameters. At Command line parameters type the following: "acpi=off noapic" (without quotas) -> Next -> Select your burning CD/DVD-ROM -> Next -> Proceed.

Check the functionality of Acronis Booting Rescue Media.

Thank you.

Oleg Lee

Acronis QA Team

Eddy Van Esch
Beginner

Hi Oleg,

I tried the "acpi=off noapic" thing (True Image 11 Home), but by pressing F11 while booting with a 'normal' TI 11 H boot disk, not while creating the "Bootable Rescue Media". But that did not work. My SATA disks where not recognised.

Strange thing is that if I boot with an 'old' True Image 7 (!), build 576 bootdisk with "no USB, no PCMCIA, no SCSI" , the SATA HDD's ARE recognised !

In the meanwhile, I use a BartPE bootdisc with TI 11 Home on it. Then, everything works fine, I can even use external USB drive.
But I would very much like to see a working solution for TI 11 Home though ...

Kind regards
Eddy

Alexander
Alexander's picture
Acronis QA Engineer

Hello Eddy,

I have sent you a private message with the link to download special ISO file, it should help.

Please let us know the results.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Alexander Nikolsky

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base

Eddy Van Esch
Beginner

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I will try the ISO file and let you know what happens.

Kind regards
Eddy

Eddy Van Esch
Beginner

Alexander,

I burned a boot disk with the ISO image you provided me.
That boot disk seems to work perfect! It now can see both the internal SATA drives (4 partitions) and it can even see my laptop connected on my home network!

Thank you!

Kind regards
Eddy

LARRAN WALLS
Beginner

alexander, i have been talking w/user named eddy & it sounds like i have the same prob he had. when i boot my comp w/the ti home 11 disk & do a restore rcvy gui says no hard disks detected. i have a 1 tb stat disk formatted ntfs into 4 drvs. ti home lets me make disk image in win enviornment but cannot run rcvy. i'm mkg this reply from the forum link from my email. not sure if this works. email is ~e-mail address removed for good by Michael~

Michael
Michael's picture
Acronis Forum Supervisor

Hello Larran,

There is no need to post your e-mail. Alexander would be able to get this information in order to contact you.

I've removed the e-mail address and forwarded your message to Alexander. You will receive the answer as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Michael Levchenko

Plugin <em></em> Not Found Forum Team Supervisor

David Hardcastle
Beginner

I'm having the same problem shown above. I've purchased a new, bare PC with a SATA disk. I inserted the True Image Home 10 boot disk and everything runs fine until the 'select destination drive' part. True Image cannot see the bare SATA disk. Can you assist?

Alexandre Antipov
Beginner

Same problem here. I have just bought a new Dell XPS PC (based on Intel x58 chipset) and when I use my Acronis True Image Home 11 bootable CD, ATIH does not "see" internal SATS hard drive. Alexander, could you please send me a link for a "special ISO file" which could help to fix this issue? Thank you.

Alessia Rossini
Beginner

Hi there! I have buyed the TI Home 2009. I have SATA HDs with Intel chipset and WinXP Pro SP3. The TI run very very slow with CPU usage at 100%! Need I to upgrade some component of the Acronis software? Please note that I haven't this problem before with the previews version of TI 10.2. Thanks

Tomatoo
Tomatoo's picture
Beginner
this problem may be caused then, you have a HDD set as AHCI mode in the BIOS. Switch it to IDE mode in the BIOS and everything will be OK (before that, make a system backup from Windows)
Dana Williams
Beginner

My Acronis True Image Home 11 bootable CD, does not "see" internal SATS hard drive. I just upgraded to the last release and still have the problem. I also don't see the BartsPE plugin which is mentioned in the docs. Can you send me url to the iso file that is mentioned above.

Thanks,
Dana

Roberto Coletta
Beginner

My acronis true image home 2009 works correctly with sata system HD but if i try to restore the backup using the acronis restore CD (bootable CD that i created before) it doesn't see any internal sata hd (only USB, ATA or CD devices are attached).

I tried to install BartPE but, in the installation step, it ask me release 12.0.9633.12 of acronis and i use 12.0.9769 (last build upgrade).

I tried to ask from acronis support but ...... no answer.

Please help me

Oleg
Oleg's picture
Acronis QA Engineer

Hello all,

Alessia and Roberto,

Since you own the Acronis True Image Home 2009 licenses, you can download the appropriate ISO file after logging in to your account (the serial number should be registered). Please log in to your account, go to the Registered products section -> Bootable media. Download the file.

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD here and here.

Dana, Alexandre and David,

I am sending the necessary files to you via PMs.

Thank you.

Oleg Lee

Acronis QA Team

jim thomas
Beginner

Hello, i have tried the same solution and I cannot see any SATA drive still unless I set it in the bios to read as an IDE drive.  However, the newer laptops dont have this feature.  May i also have the link to the ISO that fixes this also?  Thanks

Patrice MEDA
Beginner

Hello

Same problem Acronis True Image 11.8107 home; Error  000101F4

SATA 2 HDDs on GigaByte motherboard. On restore process, HDDs not recognized while they were previously perfectly seen by TI 11 during backup processes on a dedicated HDD (SATA 2 as well).

Urgent help needed; where is this ISO image (not showing under my registered product)

Thank you

Patrice

Patrice MEDA
Beginner

That does not solve the issue, HDDs not recognized.

I probably need this ISO image, please send me the link

Patrice

Fred Dudley
Beginner

Like the others, I get the 000101F4 error too.  If there's a fix, I'd need it as well.  It's the bootable CD that doesn't work.

As well, running Windows 7 Ultimate from a bootable Virtual Hard Disk seems to cause True Image some grief.

When it says "Reboot Required" and I boot, my system comes back without any action taken.  This is a minor issue for me.  The Invisible Disk is a major problem.

Thank-you. Fred

John Davey
Beginner

I am having the same problem. Have spent 3 days trying to restore a True Image 10 backup to a replacement hard drive. Booting with the CD -- the external drive with the .tib file is recognized, but not the hard drive. I saw the note about an ISO file, but I sure can't find it at the website.

If there is a solution, I could sure use the help.

System is a quad core, if that makes a difference.

Tony Brown
Tony Brown's picture
Beginner

As this is a common problem, and obviously more and more X58 mobos are being sold, why not just put the iso image available as a download for all?

I have the same issue and being coy about the fix for it is obviously causing a great deal of angst to a growing number of your Customers, me included. 

Please just post the blasted file for all to access.

Tony Brown

Tony Brown
Tony Brown's picture
Beginner

Alexander wrote:

Hello Eddy,

I have sent you a private message with the link to download special ISO file, it should help.

Please let us know the results.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Is there any chance of the rest  us getting this fix?

This is diabolical Customer service, 3 posts without a single reply.

Tony Brown

Ralf Brandenburger
Beginner

hello,

it seams that I have the same problem like some others here.
I have cloned my system to an sata HDD. First there seemed to be no problem, TI saw the sata HDD when I run ATI under XP (SP2). Then I activated the Startup Recovery Manager. When I start now ATI before XP, I cannot see the sata HDD.
Can somebody help me.

ralf

Oleg
Oleg's picture
Acronis QA Engineer

Hello all,

I am sending the links to you via PMs.

Tony,

Quote:
As this is a common problem, and obviously more and more X58 mobos are being sold, why not just put the iso image available as a download for all?

This is a common problem for the outdated versions, for so called n-2 versions. We do not support them any more. The best way is to upgrade the license to the modern version of the program (to Acronis True Image Home 2010, for example).

Quote:
Please just post the blasted file for all to access.

Only a Customer who has a license can get the access to the file.

Ralf,

As far as I understood you, you experience the issue under Windows (not under Acronis Bootable Rescue Media).

Then please do the following:

- Download SnapAPI update

- Unpack the archive and run the SnapAPISetup.msi file;

- Go through the wizard screens and hit Proceed to install the update.

Reboot the machine.

Thank you.

Oleg Lee

Acronis QA Team

Fred Dudley
Beginner

Thank-you for the .ISO file.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. It boots my machine and presents a few options. No matter which one I select, it displays the Acronis logo in the upper left corner for a few seconds and then re-boots.

Could there be another setting I'm missing?

I'm using an ASUS P5Q-EM motherboard with SATA drives.

Thanks, Fred

Eddy Van Esch
Beginner

Fred,

That ISO file works for me on my Asus P5Q (no suffix).
I believe I use the first option (when it boots).

Kind regards
Eddy

Fred Dudley
Beginner

On my system, the settings are. . .

Main
Storage Configuration
SATA Configuration [Enhanced]
Configure Sata as [IDE]
Hard Disk Write Protect [Disabled]
IDE Detect timeout [35]

I've tried changing the SATA Enhanced to Compatible and the IDE to the other options but the machine just continues to re-boot.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Fred.

Tony Brown
Tony Brown's picture
Beginner

Oleg Fred and Eddy-

Oleg sent me the link for the ISO and I tried with all 8 menu options. Like Eddy, my machine reboots on the first 2 options, then on the 6 others it drops me to a Linux bash shell.

That's fine, but I can get a bash shell anywhere on the net from any linux distro and it will do the same thing.

If there is a Linux binary executable hidden somewhere on the disc I have been unable to find it. I tried /bin /sbin /usr/bin , all the usual Linux binary places but no sign of an Acronis 11 linux version executable.

Oleg, if Acronis has a policy of not supporting earlier releases with new updates (obviously you want Customers to buy upgrades to provide Acronis with more income) why not be up front and say so? Why all the cloak and dagger stuff? Just tell all the people with this problem, send us your money and we'll fix it for you with the new version.

After waiting for over a fortnight since I first raised this issue, I went out and bought Paragon 9 for $23.00 Australian. It just works.

Best of luck to all with Acronis, I've given up on them. Tony Brown.

Fred Dudley
Beginner

I solved the mystery.

If I select "Configure SATA as [RAID]" the Acronis bootable CD recognizes my drives and Ture Image and Disk Director programs work as they should.

Thank-you to everyone who tried to help.

Fred.

1 Reader
Beginner

I have had the same problems making a bootable rescue disk on a Vista 32 Machine with SATA drives for both TI 11 and Disk Director 10. On boot up the error is: “Acronis loader fatal error boot drive (partition) not found…” The downloaded ISO image associated with products in my account produces the same error. Also when attempting to use the BartPE plug-in, as detailed on Acronis’ support site, Disk Director 10 protests that the Acronis DD “has not found any hard disk drives” error E000101F4. Bart’s utility sees them just fine.
Thanks.

Oleg
Oleg's picture
Acronis QA Engineer

Hello 1 Reader,

This is rather strange behavior. Please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report and attach to your post.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

Oleg Lee

Acronis QA Team

Michael Benedict
Beginner

Oleg,

Same issue here, SATA hard drive tried what you mentioned above. Any chance to get the iso boot image from you?

Thanks, Mike

Oleg
Oleg's picture
Acronis QA Engineer

Hello Mike,

Thank you for using Acronis products

We have implemented the possibility to download the appropriate ISO file after logging in to your account (the serial number should be registered). This option is available for the current and (n-1) versions. Please log in to your account, go to the Registered products and downloads section -> Bootable media. Download the file.

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD here and here

Thank you.

Oleg Lee

Acronis QA Team

Stephan Lindsjo
Beginner

I can't find any downloads for bootable media. I'm registred for true image 11 and have had same problem several times. Acronis doesn't find any harddrive (sata).
The only I find is two plugins: BartPe and safemedia.

James Topliss
Beginner

Hello, I have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.0 motherboard with BIOS F9 using two SATA hard disks (one Western digital Velociraptor one Samsung F3) in AHCI mode (not in RAID) and Acronis True Image 10 Rescue CD will not recognise any drives, having this ability to clone the entire disk for later recovery i s fantastic! Is there anything I can do to make it recognise the drives or is the 2010 version of True Image home required? Any help very much appreciated Regards, James Topliss (e-mail address removed for good by Yana)

Matthias Helwig
Beginner

I'm having the same problem shown above. I've purchased a new, bare PC with a SATA disk. I inserted the Acronis True Image 11 Home boot disk and everything runs fine until the 'select destination drive' part. True Image cannot see the bare SATA disk. Can you assist?

Ken32966
Beginner

I have loved my Acronis products for years. I recommend it to my Customers.

I have ATI-Home11 and have the same problem on my new computer.
(Boot disk can not find any drives)
My MB is INTEL BLKDQ45CB with only sata ports.

It DOES WORK if I change the drives from IDE to RAID!

I understand not supporting old software, HOWEVER, when I send my Customers to Best Buy to get Acronis they come back with 11!

So since I CANNOT find the iso image, because I can not find any of the menu items in the instructions, will someone please send me the link to the ISO for testing?

Amer Butt
Beginner

Hi I have a smililar problem.

I've happily been using TI 10 H for a while now with no problems. I've just bought a new Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H motherboard and tried to clone a IDE Hard Disk to a SATA one. TI sees the IDE one but not the SATA one. I've tried changing the SATA one to IDE in the BIOS, but that doesn't work. I've even upgraded the bios to the latest version, (F3).

Now I know you're going to say upgrade, but why has it stopped recognising SATA disks all of a sudden? Is it the motherboard? I installed windows xp on a sata disk connected to this motherboard without a hitch and so far it has worked perfectly.

Please can you advise any possible solutions

Thanks in advance

Francis Jochmann
Beginner

I have Acronis® True Image Home® version 11.0 (build 8,101). I recently built a new computer with an MSI motherboard with AMI Bios. I cannot see the SATA drives with default Bios settings using ARM.

There are some changes that I can make to the Bios that allow me to see the SATA drives, but if I make those changes WinXP will not boot.

Please send me the ISO file or make it available on my registered products page as you have said previously in this thread.

Joachim KÃhn
Beginner

I've the same problem with my new ASUS P5Q-EM Mainboard - no drives found when I have defined a RAID1 Voulme.
So, what can I do to use Acronis Home 2010 ?

Regards,
Jo

Francis Jochmann
Beginner

So the newest version of Acronis Home has the same problem? Isn't that just sweet:-(

Georg Mandl
Beginner

Dear Alexander, I have a similar problem and I hope, the solution in form of an ISO-file you sent to Eddy van Esch could also help me with my problem. I have a new computer with SATA harddisks, which the Acronis Disk Director 10 Programm installed on the computer does recognize easily; however, when starting the computer from the Acronis program cd, the program does not recognize the hard disc but shows a fault text.

Marcus Edwards
Beginner

Like many other people, the TI 11 Recovery disk does not see any SATA drives. I have an ASUS P5QL Pro motherboard with an ICH10 storage controller. Can you please send me an updated bootable ISO so I can use the product with my computer.

I have registered the product and there is no link to this ISO file from the registered product download section as OLEG keeps suggesting.

Richard Hodgson
Beginner

Hi there.

I too have made a bootable CD in an attempt to resize my SATA hard drive (fitted to an Acer Extensa 5220 laptop).

I get the error message E000101F4 - - - - - - - not found any hard disk drives.

Would it be possible to send me the link to the ISO that will enable it to see the SATA drive please ? ( I did hunt around on the website, but could not find it :( )

Thanks in advance :)

Richard H in the N.W. UK

Yana
Forum Star

Hello all!

Thank you very much for all your comments.

First of all, I would like to explain the reason why the Acronis Bootable Rescue Media can fail to recongnise the HDD (SATA as an example). This problem is caused by the lack of the drivers on the bootable media itself. That doesn't mean that it is broken, or the installation of the Acronis True Image broken - all is fine, it just happens sometimes due to different circumstances. That's why for such cases we have designed the bootable media in *.iso format that contains the needed drivers. Should the Acronis Bootable Rescue Media still fail to identify the hardware properly - we gather the information from it and add the them.

Unfortunately at the moment only bootable media of the Acronis True Image Home 2010 and 2009 is available on the webaccount for downloading, but I have just now submitted the request that we have the version 11 and 10 available as well. Unfortunately there are no timeframes concerning the time is will be done, so meanwhile we will help you to obtain the bootable media via pm, but I must say that your comments will help us to speed up the process of uploading the 10 and 11 versions. Thank you.

I would also like to ask you not to post your e-mail address due to security safety: our forum is an open source and we are not protected from visiting of spammers. We are able - and surely will - contact you via private messages, and also we are able to find your e-mail in your account, so you will be definitely contacted.

Dear Stephan, James, Matthias, Kenneth, Amet, Joachim, GeorgMarcus and Richard,

I have send all the necessary information to you via PM, so feel free to check it and let us know should something fail to resolve the issue.

Thank you!

Eugeny L.
Beginner

Hello, Yana!

Russia. 2:30 a.m. now and my ATI 11 does not "see" my SATA II HDDs on MB ASUS P7P55D Deluxe, and I'm really need to get from You the ISO file, that can solve this problem and unpack my ATI archives. Can You send it on my e-mail (see my profile) as soon as possible?

Thank you very much!

P.S. I'm sorry for my English and my manners, but I'm really tired because of this problem after hard work day.

Tony Brown
Tony Brown's picture
Beginner

Yana wrote:

Hello all!

Thank you very much for all your comments.

First of all, I would like to explain the reason why the Acronis Bootable Rescue Media can fail to recongnise the HDD (SATA as an example). This problem is caused by the lack of the drivers on the bootable media itself. That doesn't mean that it is broken, or the installation of the Acronis True Image broken - all is fine, it just happens sometimes due to different circumstances. That's why for such cases we have designed the bootable media in *.iso format that contains the needed drivers. Should the Acronis Bootable Rescue Media still fail to identify the hardware properly - we gather the information from it and add the them.

Unfortunately at the moment only bootable media of the Acronis True Image Home 2010 and 2009 is available on the webaccount for downloading, but I have just now submitted the request that we have the version 11 and 10 available as well. Unfortunately there are no timeframes concerning the time is will be done, so meanwhile we will help you to obtain the bootable media via pm, but I must say that your comments will help us to speed up the process of uploading the 10 and 11 versions. Thank you.

I would also like to ask you not to post your e-mail address due to security safety: our forum is an open source and we are not protected from visiting of spammers. We are able - and surely will - contact you via private messages, and also we are able to find your e-mail in your account, so you will be definitely contacted.

Dear Stephan, James, Matthias, Kenneth, Amet, Joachim, GeorgMarcus and Richard,

I have send all the necessary information to you via PM, so feel free to check it and let us know should something fail to resolve the issue.

Thank you!

Yana-
Finally someone at Acronis who seems to have a clue!
can you please pm me the iso link for my ver 11
Tony Brown.

Eugeny L.
Beginner

Hello!

My ATI 11 does not "see" my SATA II HDDs on MB ASUS P7P55D Deluxe, and I'm really need to get from You the ISO file, that can solve this problem and unpack my ATI archives. Can You send it on my e-mail (see my profile) as soon as possible?

Thank you very much!

Alexander
Alexander's picture
Acronis QA Engineer

Hello all,

Let me assist you with this situation.

If you feel that the issue is similar to the one we discuss here and not getting an answer from Support Team (unfortunately, it happens sometimes because we have a large volume in Forums and not able to respond faster) just send a PM to me or any moderator with the general description of the issue, we will do our best to assist you.

Do not forget to register your product at our website, so we can check its license to send a correct ISO file to you.

Tony and Eugeny, I have sent you the ISO file for Acronis True Image 11 Home (according to registered products under your accounts), please let me know whether it helps to resolve the issue.

Also, please do not hesitate to ask any questions concerning Acronis, I would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Alexander Nikolsky

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base

Georg Mandl
Beginner

Hello Yana,
Thank you for your information with the links to the ISO files for Acronis DD10 and TI10. The generated CD for True Image 10 works as expected, the CD for Acronis DiskDirector 10 does find the SATA hard disks on my computer properly, nevertheless it cannot be used because the mouse does not work; it seems, that no mouse drivers are included in the ISO file.
Is it possible to include this drivers in the ISO file, or do I have perhaps a special mouse that needs a special driver? I work with Windows XP Professional and have a LOGITECH PS/2 Mouse P/N: 810-000361 ... PID: HS72715.

Thank you!

Yana
Forum Star

Hello Georg!

Thank you for finding time to report about the issue and for specifying the model of the mouse!

Honestly all our Acronis Bootable Rescue Media recognizes PS/2 media, so most probably in this case either the drivers were blocked or the glitch occurred in the process of burning the *.iso. Anyway we would like to investigate the issue and update the Acronis Bootable Rescue Media for you.

For this we will need to know on what step exactly it's failing to recognize the mouse, so could you please kindly try one additional Acronis Bootable Rescue Media I have sent you via pm, and should it fail to help, gather the Acronis Linux Report as specified in this article? I would appreciate if you could kindly send me the output via pm so that I could create the case for you and forward it to the Experts team: they will review the information and build the new Acronis Bootable Rescue Media for you.

Thank you for understanding and cooperation!