33420: Can't sync over internet (NO PARTICIPANTS ON LINE)

8 replies [Last post]
Jimbo
Beginner

Sync does not appear to work. I am using a laptop at my summer location and my desktop at my home location.
My computers both have good internet access, (verified visa LOG ME IN) none of the files or folders are hidden. Both computers appear to be linked. "The desktop is using windows Vista and the laptop is using Windows 7 64 bit.

I want to sync photos directly over the internet without using the Acronis Cloud. I have attempted 2 different syncs.
1. Sync a folder with subfolders from an internal (C) drive in the home computer to an internal (C) drive on my laptop. Test files on each one do not sync even though Acronis tells me that all syncs are up to date.
2. Sync (photos) from an external hard drive on the home computer with an external drive on the summer computer. Nothing is transferred between computers even though Acronis tells me that all syncs are up to date.

It didn't work very well in Acronis 2012 either, although some files did sync others did not.

Thanks for any help.

Dmitry Chepel
Dmitry Chepel's picture
Beginner

could you explain network topology
how computers connect to the internet
could you send local ip address of computers
and external address.
if you send me acronis system report it would be useful too.
Are you sure that computers online together?

Dmitry Chepel
Architect of Acronis TrueImage Home

FRP
Beginner

Finally!! Jimbo, I have a very similar problem as you. Laptop is remote and my desktop is local. Both are logged in as administrator and both are running ATI update 2 and Win x64 Pro. Good internet and I use LogMeIn as well. Computers are linked as confirmed in the manage section of ATI. Both machines will have the spinning wheel of sync then show the green checkmark telling me all is synced, but when I check via LogMeIn, no data has uploaded/downloaded. I then confirm that through my remote ISP bandwidth use monitor. Nothing. Hope some thoughts to this come soon.

FRP

Jimbo
Beginner

Home computer is connected via a wired router and cable modem.
IP Address Host Name MAC Address
192.168.2.4 Jims-Desktop 00:19:21:DE:33:EB

Summer (laptop) is connected via wireless router and dsl modem.

lan :
MAC Address : 00-19-5b-05-9f-76
IP Address : 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
DHCP Server : Enabled
Wan:
MAC Address : 00-19-5b-05-9f-77
Connection : DHCP Client Connected
IP Address : 192.168.1.47
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway : 192.168.1.1
DNS : 192.168.1.1

Both computers have to be on line together since I am using logmein to access the home computer.

Log files from both machines are attached., If that is not what you mean by the system report please clarify.

Thanks,

Jimbo

AttachmentSize
120711_acronis_laptop_log.zip 143 KB
120711_desktop_log_file.zip 443.64 KB
Oleg
Oleg's picture
Acronis QA Engineer

Hello Jimbo,

Thank you for the provided information.

According to the log files provided, the issue is well-known, the case number is ATIHXOXIII-37

We will fix the issue as soon as possible.

Currently, we have restarted the appropriate server, please check if the issue still persists.  

Thank you.

Oleg Lee

Acronis QA Team

Drew
Beginner

It would seem that almost one year on this problem has not been fixed! I am running W8 on a Surface Pro connected wirelessly trying to Sync with a W7 PC located remotely and I am getting the same message and being told there is no internet connection, "check that the cable is connected" !! I am running the latest version of ATI 2013 on both PC's. I have had no Sync problems prior to this with other PC's that have had a wired LAN connection. Is any body able to confirm whether Sync is supposed to support wireless connections before I abandon this ATI "capability"? The whole point of Sync is to be able to keep several PC's synchronized when on the "move" which logically means that wireless connections should be supported. A with other posts here, I know it is working with LogMeIn connection of the same PC's

James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Drew,

Your post may draw more attention if posted in the public 2013 forum.

Are both of these computers on the same network IP address space/subnet?

Do you have an active Acronis Cloud subscription for both machines?

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!
What I tell my Customers:
Whatever the problem is, we can fix it.

Drew
Beginner

James,

I did not expect to have to use a forum at all to get support. I was surprised to find that although I have bought a license for ATI 2013 I cannot get support. My experience of public forums is that they are full of sometimes well meaning people, but little actual expertise. I am a former IT professional with may years of experience of software, hardware and services companies in the IT space, as well as their users.

In answer to your questions, no the machines are not on the same network, they are in different countries. No I do not have an Acronis Cloud subscription for either, although I fail to see the relevance of that question.

Thank you for showing an interest in my problem.

James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Drew,

I asked the question about the Online account, as I am seeing mixed messages from Acronis about the subscription requirements.

In this KB article "http://kb.acronis.com/content/34259" , the very first statement "You do not need a subscription to do the local sync. You will need one however to sync over the Internet or to the Acronis Cloud Storage" conflicts with the chart below it on the same page.

I have two wireless Windows 8 64 bit systems running a sync, and this seems to work fine for me.

Both are normally on the same network, but occasionally I take the laptop with me to other locations and use public wireless and the sync still seems to be working well.

I DO in fact have an active Cloud subscription, but the sync does not use the Cloud (it can if the task was set that way, but in this case was not.)

I will due some further testing by logging in to a different Acronis account that does not have a Cloud subscription and post back my results.

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!
What I tell my Customers:
Whatever the problem is, we can fix it.