36990: deactivate TI 2013

6 replies [Last post]
Martin Greshoff
Regular Poster

How does one deactivate TI 2013. What is the situation should TI2013 not be deactivated prior to a reinstall. IE if windows needs to be reinstalled along with all programs. I have had to do this when I was let down by TI 2011 recently and want to be prepared should this happen again in the future.

Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Martin,

When you say deactivate are you referring to TIH integration into Windows control panel?

Colin

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 + XP Pro SP3 32 bit + Vista Ult 64bit + Server 2008 R2, SBS2011. Testing Environment VirtualBox VM.
TI Lite:3029, TI2014:6614, ABR11.5A WRKST Adv:37975, DD11 Advanced WRK:12603, vmProtect 7.0:5173, SnapDeploy 4

On a clear disk you can seek forever

James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Martin,

If you are referring to activation issues with 2013, you do not have to (and can not) de-activate 2013 before installing again on a newly built system. When you install 2013 the second, or subsequent times, it will prompt you to activate it and complain that it is already activated on another system. You can then choose to de-activate the previous installation and activate the new one. This is done through the program itself after installation.

James

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!
What I tell my Customers:
Whatever the problem is, we can fix it.

Martin Greshoff
Regular Poster

James F wrote:

Martin,

If you are referring to activation issues with 2013, you do not have to (and can not) de-activate 2013 before installing again on a newly built system. When you install 2013 the second, or subsequent times, it will prompt you to activate it and complain that it is already activated on another system. You can then choose to de-activate the previous installation and activate the new one. This is done through the program itself after installation.

James

Thanks James, this answers my question.

A Hamilton
Beginner

Sorry; I'm slightly confused by this answer: when trying to re-install/re-activate ATIH on a rebuilt system (e.g. re-install of OS plus apps, possibly with modified hardware) there will no longer be any access to the previous installation. How does ATIH handle this which, I assume, appears to be a second request to activate the same serial number on what could look like a different hardware base?

James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

A Hamilton,

Since the installation of 2013 will be a new installation (based on your scenario), you would have to activate the new installation. Since the serial number has already been activated, you will have to de-activate the previous install. There is no charge to "move" the activation. You would still be able to access any backups created with the previously installed copy.

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!
What I tell my Customers:
Whatever the problem is, we can fix it.

Thomas Berg
Beginner

Not the best activation/ deactivation process.

But I finally got it all straightened out after successfully moving two computer systems to new MBs. It wasn't easy and I still have a little more to do but the light at the end of the tunnel is a nice place to be. I may not have all of the savy of some computer users but I am persistant and usually successful. ;-)

Tom

PS I now have everything installed on 1 computer and functioning and no extra activations, such a deal.