46506: how to undo add new disk in acronis

5 replies [Last post]
jeric
Beginner

i have new 250gb hdd and i select add new disk and didn't create any partition i just click proceed and now i cannot clone into it and not even appearing on my computer...how to make my hdd back the way it was before? thanks!

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

Look again.

The "add new disk" is not supposed to create new partitions as new partitions are not needed.
Using this feature is supposed to leave alll space as unallocated.

The new disk should appear when you need to select the new disk as the target disk.

Before cloning, suggest you make a disk mode complete backup so you have a restore option should your cloning process fail or you have cloning issues. Creating a backup and restoring the backup is a safer procedure than cloning and the results are the same.

jeric
Beginner

when cloning it appear as a target disk but when i proceed to the cloning, the process failed.
before i add it as a new disk,the cloning is succesful.

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

Cloning overlays the existing data on the new machine anyway.

Try creating one small partition. format the partitons on the new disk and then retry your cloning.

the source disk could have disk errors. You may want to run chkdsk on the old disk.

jeric
Beginner

ty sir grover! i have another question, i clone my 160 gb hdd to new 250 gb hdd the whole disk are clone succesfully even the os then why my new 250 gb hdd is not booting up eventhough i select the recommended option and it says it will make the disk bootable

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

which version and build of TrueImageHome?

Whiich version of Windows?

is this disk UEFI or MBR?

Have you tried doing a repair of the startup by using the Windows Recovery CD?