5215: Error occurred while creating the file (0x4000A)

2 replies [Last post]
Jerry Schwartz
Jerry Schwartz's picture
Forum Member

I'm running ATI 2010 (5,055) on Vista 64 Home Premium. I set up a weekly backup to copy my critical documents to my ISP via FTP. It ran to completion with no complaints - the first time.

The second time (and this might be a coincidence), I got the above error on three files before I canceled the backup. The files it complained about all seem to be accessible through Explorer.

I'm attaching the ATI log.

AttachmentSize
2009-10-27-191236.log2.88 KB
Dmitry
Dmitry's picture
Frequent Poster

Hello Jerry,

I will do my best to solve the issue you experience but first I would recommend you download the latest build of the program. Check it in Help -> About. You can always download the latest build of the program from your account under Registered Products.

If there is a lot of data you are including into the backup then Acronis True Image runs out of system resources on the machine when backing up thousands of files (in one or several folders). There is an issue with the compression algorithm. To avoid this, in the task options, set the compression level to none.

Try running separate backup tasks, so that the amount of files in a onetime backup will be reduced.

Backup of the whole hard disk drives or partitions should run successfully regardless of the amount of files on the disks. The issue is only with the file backup.

When you back up the whole hard disk drives or partitions, Acronis product creates a snapshot of the system (see SnapAPI). When you run a file backup, the product creates a copy of each file and puts it into a TIB archive keeping the folder structure.

If the issue still persists please check the disks for errors:

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)

- Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r" (where DISK is the partition letter you need to check) for every partition that is visible in My Computer. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

Let us know the results.

Dmitry Nikolaev

Plugin <em></em> Not Found | Plugin <em></em> Not Found
For more answers to your questions, try our Plugin <em></em> Not Found

Maxim Egorov
Beginner

Hello,

I use Acronis TrueImageEnterpriseServerEcho.8206. And had the same problem.
I solved this problem via backup of the whole partitions.
Thank you Dmitry!