Part I: Create a 2015 Non-scheduled task.
There is no permanent shutoff switch in either 2014 or 2015 versions but the user does have controls to save each task as "non-scheduled."
If you want the task to be non-scheduled, you have to save each task using the "do not schedule" option.
It is also possible to edit a scheduled task and change it to non-scheduled, but it is much better to save the task as "non-scheduled" during the original creation.
Upon completion of the task creation, DO NOT click on the Save/"Backup Now" option. Instead, click on the adjacent arrow and choose the "Backup later" option.
Part II: To change an existing 2015 task from scheduled to non-scheduled via the edit option.-
1. From main Backups window, select/click the scheduled task needing changing to non-scheduled.
2. Click OPERATIONS BUTTON in lower left corner.
3. Click EDIT settings option.
4. Click OPTIONS button lower left.
5. Click the "DO NOT SCHEDULE" OPTION.
6. Click ADVANCED SETTING GEAR WHEEL.
...........Scroll down the listing just to determine whether any of the advanced settings needs changing.
...........Many prefer that the bottom most "if missed" option be unchecked.
7. To save the "do not schedule' changes, click the OK button (lower right).
8. To save the task changes, click the SAVE button (lower right).
If you followed the preceding edit instructions above, the selected task has been changed from "scheduled" to a "non-scheduled" task
and need to be run manually in order for backups to occur.
HOWEVER, due to a bug in 2015, the change to "non-scheduled" will not appear on the screen.
The display screen will still show the task as "scheduled even though it is actually now a "non-scheduled" task.
To get the display screen to show the task as its correct "non-scheduled" status,
a system reboot is needed after the edit is completed.