82880: Renaming backups in Cloud

9 replies [Last post]
Daniel Fra
Beginner

Hi,

Is it possible to rename the backups in Cloud?

Thank you for help.

Daniel

Natalia.Ananyeva
Natalia.Ananyeva's picture
Support Engineer

Hi Daniel,

no it is not possible to rename the existing backups in the cloud.

You can only specify the name of the archive during backup plan creation.

Natalia Ananyeva

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Daniel Fra
Beginner

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for your answer.

I think that this option should be implemented in a future version.

Daniel

Natalia.Ananyeva
Natalia.Ananyeva's picture
Support Engineer

Hi Daniel,

I have registered your feedback in our Customer Listening System.

In this system we collect all suggestions about our support, product and our web-site. 
It helps us to know that we are delivering our services effectively and provides us with an opportunity to recognise staff that provide high quality service.

Natalia Ananyeva

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Melissa Osborne
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to request this feature also: the ability to rename a Cloud backup after it is created. It would be most helpful for managing large backups. Thanks.

Melissa Osborne

Gabriel
Beginner

It's been years and this simple feature is still missing.

I have one computer named as "My files" and another named as "My folders", and I can't tell which is which without going through the records.

Having to do a new backup from scratch just to change the name is highly inconvenient due to archive versioning.  Just add the feature already.

Ekaterina Surkova
Ekaterina Surkova's picture
Forum Administrator

Hello Gabriel,

Thank you for your posting! Currently this option cannot be implemented due to architectual restrictions of Acronis Cloud. I've registered your feedback in our internal system, so that my colleagues from the product management can have a better picture of customers needs. Thank you!

Ekaterina Surkova | Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software | For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials. | Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support. | Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Frank Arnold
Beginner

I miss this option too. IMO this a basic function people expect.
Maybe they can implement some meta fields  for "display name", "comment" etc.

Ekaterina Surkova
Ekaterina Surkova's picture
Forum Administrator

Thank you, added to the change request.

Ekaterina Surkova | Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software | For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials. | Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support. | Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

drdata
Beginner

There is now an "Add a Comment" icon in ATIH 2017 (a comment balloon in the upper left corner of the backup summary screen) that you can use to augment the Cloud Backup name/description.

Products: ATIH 2017