last night after installing a new DVDRW, for some crzy reason the next time i reboot, i got the dreaded BootMGR is missing error!!
I didnt panic since i had a n acronis full backup of my C: (system partition).. using Acronis TI Home 2010
But after restoring it, alas, the BootMGR error was still there.
so i redid the restoration, THIS TIME selecting the C: parition recovery, as well as the MBR and Track Zero (i usually dont tick this option).. but once again, i still have that bootmGr error! SO what's this? acronis failed to recover my mbr based on my recent and VALIDATED backup?
I'm pretty experienced w/ computers so i am pretty sure that:
1) I am booting from my main drive, heck i even tried to boot w/ that drive only
2) My drive is set to active and etc
3) sata cables are not problematic (i've tried new ones alredy)
4) it's not the cables nor the motherboard nor the HDD (GSkill Falcon SSD) coz i tried a clean install of Windows 7 and everything worked fine.
5) i have also tried recovring the image on to a different, newly formatted HDD and it stil has that same problem
6) the image im trying to recover is VALID and working (I've used it to recover many times already in the past months)
7) im pretty sure something's wrong w/ acronis recovery because
- i recovered my image, same bootmgr problem, but used Win7 DVD to fix the prob and THeN i can boot again..then just for the heck of it i tried to recover the image onto the system as i did before (not ticking the mbr option), and alas after recovery, bootmgr problem again
- i reinstalled windows 7 completely, all working and fine.. THEN recovered my image.. once again bootmgr error
8) it's not tha ram coz i've change sticks already, done mem tests and all.. and again everything seems to be fine when i simply reinstlal. but i cant seem to recover my image properly anymore.
Now. i ask.. What else could be the reason for this?
All drives, cables, and everything are fine.. why is it that i could flawlessly recover my system using my ATI image many times bfore, but ever since this BootMgr is missing error happened, all my restoration attempts results in restored image but w/ bootmgr problem w/c i have to FIX using windows 7 DVD before i can actually boot into the newley recoevered system??
I have but 1 more hint left, w/c i can not test .. during ATI 2010 backup one has an option to do sector by sector.. my current image that im trying to recover isnt done sector by sector.. could this be the reason? and if so, why this problem now?! i never had this issue before and i recovereed so many times..
and if this IS actually the case, how do i convert my current image to such? i need that miage recovered because it took me a week to configure my system and backup all of that into that non sector by sector image (w/c again worked flawlessly on all previous occations)
Now, even if i install windows 7 plainly, and then recover my image (C: only, not including the MBR, and tried also including the MBR), i still cant get away from that BootmGR problem!!!!
I can recover and have actually done so on my image, but i have to run the win7 dvd to correct the boot mgr first.. now I dont wana have to keep doing this everytime i recover my backup image. :(
Any ideas? as you can see i spent ton of time disecting this issue, for me, and for others who may fall into same situation as me.. i hope you guys, specially the acronis team would spend time in return to help me figure this out ..