9449: An attempt at a tutorial for creation of WinPE bootable media using Acronis WinPE ISO Builder from Plus Pack

59 replies [Last post]
Robert Gregory
Forum Member

Thank you James for spending the time obtaining this info. You deserve the "MVP" moniker. Whether it works or not I appreciate all you have done. I'll let you know what happens.

Robert Gregory
Forum Member

You're awesome... I can now see the Raid but the the DISM /Add-Driver for the Intel .inf failed for some strange error which I thoroughly didn't understand. I attached the portion of the DISM.LOG file where the error occured. Not sure if you can
understand it... anyway, you have done enough and I greatly appreciate it.

I will try again tomorrow morning... who knows. Have a great night James.

AttachmentSize
dism.log 19.46 KB
James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Attached is the full Windows 7 32 bit driver package for the Intel Gigabit cards. I may not have included some files that DISM was looking for. There are more drivers than you need (6 in total), but you can install them all and it will not take very much space on disk or in memory.

James

Edit: Attached is a new zip file that contains just your NIC drivers (I tested the injection with this set). There still may be some extra .dll files, as I can't tell which belong to the driver.

AttachmentSize
intel_32_bit_nic_drivers.zip 1.4 MB
e1c6232.zip 354.95 KB

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!
What I tell my customers:
Whatever the problem is, we can fix it.

Robert Gregory
Forum Member

Thanks again. I will try them this morning.

Robert Gregory
Forum Member

Hi James... I tried the new driver "set" and the driver added successfully BUT after booting the rescue disk, there was no network.
Unless you have other ideas, i'm going to leave it as is. My backups are on the Raid anyway, and that is working now thanks to you. I just wanted the network connection just in case I needed access from other PCs.

Again thank you... Bob

James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

In the WinPE environment, you have to use the "net" command line utility (from the WinPE command window) to map the network shares as drive letters, or tell Acronis to use the UNC named path including the server name and share name and will have to provide network credentials. The drive mapping using the net use" commands seems to work best for me, as then you can use the drive letter as the source or destination in True Image. There is no "network" listed in the True Image program that runs from the WinPE environment.

See: http://www.rm.com/Support/TechnicalArticle.asp?cref=TEC1287003

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!

Robert Gregory
Forum Member

Didn't know that. I was expecting to see a "Network" connection. I will try and let you know.

Robert Gregory
Forum Member

I can see the network and Raid. What could be better. Thanks James for all your help in this.
Hope I can help you out sometime...

James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

A fully automated WinPE creation process with the appropriate drivers loaded specific to your system.......That would be better......

What I tell my friends: