Dear Acronis Customers,
in this thread you can find the list of frequently asked questions regarding Acronis Backup & Recovery product line renaming.
If you don't find here the needed information, please refer to this thread and following KB articles:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery Is Now Acronis Backup: Renaming Table and Simplified Licensing Policy
- Acronis Backup: Products Comparison
- Acronis Backup: Licensing
- Acronis Backup to Cloud: Volume Subscription Is Not Supported by Older Builds
- Acronis Backup to Cloud Volume Subscription Is Supported in Acronis Backup Update 3 or Later
- Acronis Backup: Renewing to Cloud Volume Subscription
If any of your inquiries remain unanswered, please post you question below.
Note, that all the unrelated comments and duplicates will be deleted without reply.
1) What is the purpose of changing product names?
We made this change in response to the overwhelming feedback from Acronis Partners and Customers from all over the world that we should simplify our Licensing Policy to make your product experience more enjoyable.
2) What are the product name key changes and where can I find out all of the details?
- Acronis Backup & Recovery “stand alone” becomes Acronis Backup. This solution is designed for smaller environments;
- Acronis Universal Restore functionality is included in Acronis Backup;
- Acronis vmProtect becomes Acronis Backup for VMware. This solution is designed for smaller environments;
- Acronis Backup & Recovery Advanced Server becomes Acronis Backup Advanced suite. This solution is designed for larger environments;
- Acronis Universal Restore and Deduplication are now included in Acronis Backup Advanced;
- Acronis Backup & Recovery Workstation becomes Acronis Backup for PC;
- Acronis Backup & Recovery Advanced Workstation becomes Acronis Backup Advanced for PC;
- Application Support (Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Active Directory) is included with backup solutions for virtualization.
Details you can find in this thread.
3) Is it a new major version (upgrade) to my existing Acronis Backup 11.5?
This is an update for Acronis Backup & Recovery and Acronis vmProtect, which is available for all users of Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 and Acronis vmProtect 9 free of charge under your account on our website.
4) How will the changes affect current installations?
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 keys will continue to work with the new product packages. Acronis Universal Restore and Deduplication will become available automatically once you update to the new build.
(!) You do not need to change or enter new license keys.
5) How do I purchase Universal Restore license?
Acronis Universal Restore license is no longer sold separately. It’s included in all Acronis Backup and Acronis Backup Advanced versions.
6) How do I purchase Deduplication license?
Deduplication license is no longer sold separately. Deduplication feature is included in all Acronis Backup Advanced versions
7) What should I do to get the new version if I am using an Acronis Backup and Recovery version prior to 11.5?
If you are using Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 or 10, or True Image Echo, you will have to upgrade your licenses to 11.5. If you have a valid maintenance subscription, upgrade licenses can be obtained automatically from your account: acronis.com/my. If your maintenance has expired, please renew your support program.
Please note, that Acronis Universal Restore feature now comes standard with Acronis Backup; the Acronis Backup Advanced version includes both Universal Restore and Deduplication.
8) What should I do to get the new version if I am using a vmProtect version prior to 9?
If you are using Acronis vmProtect 8 and earlier, you will have to upgrade your licenses to vmProtect9. If you have a valid maintenance subscription, upgrade licenses can be obtained automatically from your account: acronis.com/my.
If your maintenance has expired, please renew your support program (link to KB on how to renew).
Please note, that Acronis Universal Restore feature now comes standard with Acronis Backup; the Acronis Backup Advanced version includes both Universal Restore and Deduplication
9) What to do if I have old build (standalone + any of application) and now need Advanced?
You will need to install Update 3, then upgrade from your Standalone version to the Advanced version. You may purchase an upgrade using the upsell feature in the product itself, or via our Sales department or your preferred Acronis Partner.
10) I have an old build (standalone + any of application), will it be supported by Update 3 (new product)?
Yes, your application backup and standalone version of Acronis Backup & Recovery will seamlessly integrate into your new Acronis Backup installation.
11) Will Acronis Backup for Windows Server Essential (former SBS) include Acronis Universal Restore and Deduplication? Which installation file to use?
Acronis Backup for Windows Server Essentials comes standard with Acronis Universal Restore, Deduplication, and support for applications backup.
Acronis Backup for Windows Server Essentials is designed for small business environments but still includes all of the features of Acronis Backup Advanced. You will need to use the Acronis Backup Advanced installation file. (AcronisBackupAdvanced_11.5_38573_en-US.exe; AcronisBackupAdvanced_web_11.5_38573_en-US.exe)
12) Why do I have Acronis Universal Restore and Deduplication included in my main product now?
These features will now come standard with your licenses because we want to provide you with greater value and a smoother product experience. More information about features included in each license is available here.
13) Can I use a mix of old Acronis Backup & Recovery installations with newly bought Acronis Backup (Advanced) licenses?
Yes, you can. If you want to use Acronis Universal Restore and Deduplication on your older installations where you do not currently have licenses for these features, you will have to purchase licenses. Optionally, you may upgrade to the new Acronis Backup Advanced package.
14) What are the implications on support?
The Support program and options remain the same as long as the license key is valid and you are current with your maintenance fee. The first year of Acronis Advantage Support is included with any new licenses purchased.
15) I want to do system backup of my server and backup Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL, which are installed on it. Please suggest which license to purchase.
You need to purchase Acronis Backup Advanced base license and two add-ons: Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 for Exchange Add-on and Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 for SQL Add-on.
16) What is the difference between Acronis Backup Advanced for SQL license and Acronis Backup Advanced for SQL add-on license?
Acronis Backup Advanced for SQL license can be used on its own and base license it not required.
Acronis Backup Advanced for SQL add-on requires base license, as it’s only an add-on, however, not a full product
17) What will be with my data if I have xxx subscriptions, but going to buy 1 volume subscriptions?
If you now have xxx subscriptions for Cloud Backup, after upgrading to 1 volume subscription, you will need to assign this new volume subscription on the appropriate PC when date of previous subscription ends. All your subscriptions will be the same, but quota will be only one and divided into all your accounts.
18) How long will old versions of Acronis Backup & Recovery be supported?
Acronis’ standard support policy is to support the two latest major versions of the product. Acronis Backup is an update, not a major version, and hence the version number remains 11.5. Both Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 and Acronis Backup (v. 11.5) will be supported until Acronis releases version 13.
Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.