Skip to main content

Having issues with tape library in 11.7 Advanced

Beginner
Comments: 8

Hello all,

So I inherited this system and I'm trying to get it to play nice with a TL2000 PowerVault tape library. I managed to get the library working and installed to the system (Windows Storage R2) and it shows up in Acronis. I've created the necessary vaults and pools and backup plans and have tried some test backups but they are failing after 1 sec with a license error. The error is referring to assigning a license to the server. My question is, do I need a license to install? I thought tape support for Acronis Advanced 11.7 was included.

Running: Acronis Backup Advanced 11.7 (build 11.7.44184)

TL2000: Fully patched and updated

I'm going to investigate the licenses on our side but I have little hope anyone will be able to find the paperwork.

Thank you for your assistance.

Peace

--T

Forum Star
Comments: 2659

Hi Todd,

The Advanced license should be assigned to each agent which is performing backup to managed vault created on tape drive. From your description it looks like some of the agents don't have proper license assigned to them. If this doesn't help can you please attach a screen shot of the error or the text of it?

Thank you.

In reply to by Vasily Semyonov

Beginner

Thank you

I'll pull that up when I can. The system is enclosed in a secure network.

This is the manager server if that makes a difference. Apologies, I'm new to Acronis.

Beginner

Attached is the error message I get when trying to run a back up to tape.

Failed to execute the command.
Additional info:
--------------------
Error code: 41
Module: 307
LineInfo: e6792a5ee190de97
Fields:  $module : agent_protection_addon_vs_44184
--------------------
Error code: 2
Module: 329
LineInfo: 8edc81ea38faba0a
Fields:  TraceLevel : 1, $module : gtob_backup_command_addon_vs_44184
--------------------
Error code: 22
Module: 309
LineInfo: 8d165e86fb8195f7
Fields:  TraceLevel : 1, $module : gtob_backup_command_addon_vs_44184
Message: TOL: Failed to execute the command. The 'Backing up' command backs up the specified data to the specified location.
--------------------
Error code: 1
Module: 408
LineInfo: 9418a040040a4d52
Fields:  $module : disk_bundle_vs_44184
Message: A problem with licenses has occurred. Click Help > Change license to check the licenses assigned to the machine.
--------------------
Error code: 1
Module: 202
LineInfo: ec81f6265c058462
Fields:  IsReturnCode : 1, $module : mms_vs_44184
Message: The requested feature 'Acronis Tape Management' is not found.
--------------------

Beginner

And just to clarify, I am attempting to backup a folder on the management server to the tape library that is also attached to the management server.

Forum Star

Thank you for the details. Definitely the issue is related to licenses assignment. To check which license is assigned to the agent running on the management server you can connect to it directly from "All machines with agents"->right click on the machine->"Connect directly"->Help->Change license. What type of licenses will be shown there?

Beginner

The management server has only 'Acronis Backup Advanced 11.7 for VMware (North American Edition)' in the drop down. On the screen before that it has 'No license specified (Cloud backup only)'.

--T

Forum Star

Hi,

If you see something like this screen https://i.imgur.com/QzY88x7.png, then you need to click on "Specify..." link near the item which says "No license specified" and select your license in the drop down, so that it is assigned to this agent.

Thank you.

Beginner

Ah... I see now. I needed to apply 'a license' to the agent not a specific one for tapes. Basically making it a valid product instead of a 'trial' that it's been working on. I started the backup and it at least started. As it's a test it shouldn't take too long but I probably won't be able to check on it till tomorrow. Thank you for your assistance. If I have further issues, I'll be sure to contact support. You've been a big help.

Peace

--T