Acronis Backup 12.5 Update 4 build 13400 is available!
Dear Acronis Community,
please be informed that a new build for Acronis Backup 12.5 Update 4 is available on Acronis Backup 12.5 Downloads page:
Build number: 13400
What’s included in 13400:
- [Datev] Added proxy support for Acronis Management Server
- Red Hat 8 is supported
- Context help links are added to most popular windows
- Several critical issues reported by our customers are fixed
Full release notes are available in English
What's new in Update 4
- The enhanced backup option Performance and backup window (former Performance) enables you to set one of three levels of backup performance (high, low, prohibited) for every hour within a week. The high and low levels are configurable in terms of the process priority and output speed.
- The Physical Data Shipping backup option for cloud backups
The capability to save system information on a local disk or a network share if a recovery with reboot fails.
The maximum number of physical machines that can be registered on a management server increased from 4000 to 8000.
- The capability to disable anonymous registration so that a user name and password of a management server administrator are always required when registering a device.
- All communication during a device registration is done via HTTPS. It works out of the box and cannot be disabled. It is possible to enforce certificate verification during unattended installation in Windows and in Linux.
- Mass registration of devices by using a token instead of a user name and password
- The capability to install Agent for Linux in UEFI systems with enabled Secure Boot.
During the installation, the Acronis key is generated, used to sign the snapapi module, and registered as a Machine Owner Key (MOK). Once the installation is completed, the user should restart the system and enroll the key by using the password provided by the setup program.
- Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2019
- CBT (tracking file changes at a block level) can be disabled for backups of SQL and Exchange databases.
New protection options:
- Detection of cryptomining malware
- The capability to allow certain processes to modify backup files while self-protection is on
- Protection of network folders mapped as local drives
- Conversion to the following virtual machine types:
- VMware Workstation
- VHDX virtual disks (for connection to a Hyper-V virtual machine)
This conversion is supported in a backup plan or in a separate conversion plan created on the Plans tab.
- Support for Windows Server 2019 with Hyper-V and Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2019
- Support for Citrix XenServer 7.6
- The boot menu (in the text form) can be used when booting a Citrix XenServer virtual machine.
The Acronis Storage product name changed to Acronis Cyber Infrastructure.
- It is possible to add a comment to a device on the device Details pane. Devices can be searched and organized in dynamic groups by comments.
- In a domain environment, local accounts on the management server are not added by default to the Acronis Centralized Admins group and to the organization administrators list.
- The name of the Acronis Management Server service (ams) is changed to acrmngsrv, to avoid name conflicts with other software services.
Support for new operating systems
- Support for RHEL 7.6
- Support for Ubuntu 18.10
- Support for Fedora 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
- Support for Debian 9.5, 9.6
- Support for Windows XP SP1 (x64) and SP2 (x64) is resumed
- Support for Windows XP SP2 (x86) is resumed with a special version of Agent for Windows
Support for new languages
Support for seven more languages:
I cannot update clients to build 12.5.12730 that are not on the same site as the management servers anymore.
In last build we could at least update them with the external ip and port 9877.
Now, there is an error: No connection to ZeroMQ-Gateway on Management Server (internal IP) Open Port 7780 on servers firewall
(Servers Firewall) Settings did not change. It happens at several customers sites, same situation when I want to install fresh agents.
There is no problem when Management Server is on same subnet.
I was able to update one single machine on a customers site with our central Management Server, but not his 4 other machines
and i lost all replication ... entirely after this update
After updating Acronis Backup 12.5 Update 4 build 13400 and updating agents to version 12.5 13400, there was a serious problem.
It is present on the nodes of the Hyper-V cluster with the host operating Windows server 2012.
After some time, the cluster share stops moving correctly due to the Acronis driver file_tracker.sys.
In the event log Windows Server 2012, there is an error:
Recommend something to fix this problem.