Skip to main content

Acronis PortMaps services always on pending starting on Windows server 2012 R2.

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 1

Hi All, 

I'm using Acronis 12.5 with advance. But recently i saw that services portmap on my Server can not start. I tried to reboot server, Update to lastest agent but can not slove that.

Please help me check.

2018-12-10 14_13_08-192.168.200.104 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Thanks

Dat

0 Users found this helpful
Acronis Program Manager
Comments: 3117

Hi,

The Portmap service is part of Acronis NFS Server used by Agent for VMware (Windows) to perform "Run VM from backup" activities. Note that if you try to enable native Windows NFS server service then it may result in conflicts, since 2 NFS servers cannot co-exist on the same machine - they will conflict on 111 port usage ("portmapper" one). If there was no other NFS server installed on the machine (which could be the root cause of the issue), then the problem should be investigated with our support team involved. Make sure to collect system report before submitting the request: see https://kb.acronis.com/content/58301.

Thank you.

Beginner
Comments: 1

Hi Vasily,

We does not have NFS services on Host. But our host is HYPER-V. So that Porrtmapper doest not effect us?

Because i dont know why my system backup too long recently. Normal about 1 hour for 1TB but now 5 hours for 1TB.

Thank you

Acronis Program Manager
Comments: 3117

Hi,

Probably you have installed Agent for VMware (Windows) onto this host which added the "Portmapper" service as the result. This service is not used by Agent for Hyper-V and is not involved in regular backup operations (Hyper-V VMs backups or Hyper-V host backup itself).

To localize the issue it makes sense to run Acronis Backup 12.5 installer -> Modify installation and uncheck the Agent for VMware (Windows) which should remove the "Portmapper" service.

The backup slowness may be related to this symptom but it's unlikely to be the root cause, so it still makes sense to properly analyze the issue with our support team e.g. reveal why the service startup is hanging - it could be conflict with some other installed applications.

Thank you.