Skip to main content

Backup 12.5 std - Can not login to Backup Console

Beginner
Comments: 3

Hi!

After a new clean, no upgrade, installation of Backup 12.5 I can open the console Sign In window but I can not sign in even though I am logged in on the computer as Administrator.

Tried to enter User Name (Administrator) and password (*****) and get the answer: Username or password is incorrect. I know it is correct...

What to do?? Please help :) 

Forum Star
Comments: 2537

Hi,

It's hard to advise without checking the logs or at least a screen shot of the error (btw. what's the exact OS version?). The general troubleshooting would include the following steps:

- First of all make sure that all Acronis services which are set to "Automatic" startup are actually running on the machine.

- If yes, then check the last outputs in C:\ProgramData\Acronis\WebServer\Logs\ folder.

Also have you tried to use Windows authentication to log into web console? There are 2 login options: use Windows authentication and specify username/password directly.

Thank you.

Beginner

Hi,

thank you for answer Vasily. The installation is done on a new small Lenovo TS140 server with only Windows 2012 r2 server installed in a workgroup constellation, no Active Directory and no other servers involved.

All Acronis services are running. The Backup Monitor - Open Backup Console opens a correct Sign In window at the address http://PPW2012S:9877/ but then it is not possible to come any further. If I hit the Sign In button the login side turns white for a while then it returns to the Sign In window again...

Perhaps uninstall and install again could solve the problem??

Kind regards

Lasse     

Forum Star
Comments: 2537

Hi,

Have you tried using some other web browser instead of IE? Also does login from browser running on another machine via http://IP_address:9877 URL works (e.g. use IPv4 address instead of hostname)? Other than that it's hard to advise anything without checking the log files I'm afraid.

Thank you.

Beginner

Hi Vasily

As I could not get things working I decided to start all over again.

I reinstalled server OS 2012 r2 and then installed Firefox as standard web browser before installing Acronis 12.5 and now everything is up running just fine :)

Thank you for your efforts to help, I will come back soon in another thread about Cloud storage.

Kind regards

Lasse