Skip to main content

Console Login rejects valid user account

Beginner
Comments: 1

At startup, attempting to log in as any user OTHER THAN Administrator acount fails. I have specifically set a particular user account with Backup/Admin and other privs and still CAN NOT log in. Rejected as invalid user or password on the console login (local machine, not cloud).

If anyone has a clue, I'd appreciate the assist. This is a V12 trial install for a client's evaluation.  If it don't run, they don't buy, but this is my backup of choice.

Thanks

Allen

Forum Member
Comments: 22

I also have this issue...is there some default password we can use to log in?

Beginner

Matthew

I was able to use the actual "Administrator" account and password. However, before it would run successfully I had to go to Server Manager->Tools->Users and Computers-> locate the Administrators account and in the "member of" tab, add "Backup Operator" to the Administrator account.

Then I was successful in actually running a backup.  The account I actually set up to do this would not and will not get past the login screen. It gets rejcted everytime even though I did the same (added Backup Operator) AS WELL AS made the account an Adminitrator member.

So, although I can run a backup, I can ONLY use the Administrator account.

Sorry, but only partially helpful

Allen

Regular Poster
Comments: 288

Hi

"To be able to log in, you must be a member of the Acronis Centralized Admins group on the machine running the management server. By default, this group includes all members of the Administrators group. If the management server is installed in Linux, only the root user is allowed to log in. "

http://dl.managed-protection.com/u/backup/help/12/user/en-US/index.html#36544.html

Forum Member
Comments: 22

Ramil Yusupov wrote:

Hi

"To be able to log in, you must be a member of the Acronis Centralized Admins group on the machine running the management server. By default, this group includes all members of the Administrators group. If the management server is installed in Linux, only the root user is allowed to log in. "

http://dl.managed-protection.com/u/backup/help/12/user/en-US/index.html#36544.html

What's the default passwoed for the user account that Acronis 12 creates?

Regular Poster
Comments: 288

Matthew Smith wrote:

What's the default passwoed for the user account that Acronis 12 creates?

Password is randomly generated. Moreover, user that is created by Acronis Backup 12 is used only for our services (Machine Managed Service and other). You cannot use that user to log into web console because it is not a member of group "Acronis Centralized Admins".

To log into console you should use user name and password of the user that is a member of the group "Acronis Centralized Admins"

Beginner

Same story different verse.

I am trying out a trial (more correctly, trying to log on to Acronis Backup 12) this process started 20 days ago. Working now and then but the thing still will not let me into the system.

Here are my facts:  I downloaded the trial program (acronis backup 12) off the web. My version is to use the on premise setup. I am able to log into Acronis and see my account profile. I think that makes me a member of the group "Acronis Centeralized Admins. Right or wrong? I log on the computer that contains the Acronis backup 12 program as an administrator. Windows 7 refers to me as an adminstrator. I start up Acronis program it asks for the Domain/user, I enter my web address that I used for the registeration when I requested the trial program. I use the password I created while being registered.

Results: No cigar! It don't know me Why? I have 10 days left on a trial program I have never opened.

Beginner
Comments: 19

Hello, 

Let me clarify the situation.

1. When signing up to Acronis Backup trial on Acronis web site, and then installing Acronis Backup on your computer, you end up with 2 different accounts - account in the Acronis My Account service (typically it's to your email), and your local computer account that you are using to logon to your computer.

2. The account in My Account service only gives you access to My Account service and to cloud Backup Console. To access any software on your local machine (including Acronis Backup local installation), you still need to use your local computer account, which you are using to log on to the computer.

3. To protect the backup and recovery operations on your computer, by default we only allow local computer's Administrator account to log on to Backup Console.

4. You can grant other local accounts access to Backup Console by adding those accounts to the Acronis Centralized Admins groups. See these articles on how to add members to groups on local computer:

• Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012:  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772524(v=ws.11).aspx
  • Windows 8, 8.1, 10: run "lusrmgr.msc" from a Run menu and go to Groups to find Acronis Centralized Admins group. Here is a good tutorial:http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/5-ways-to-open-local-users-and-groups-in-windows-10.html

5. To allow any member of Administrators group or any member of Backup Operators group to access the Backup Console, please add these groups (Administrators and/or Backup Operators) to the Acronis Centralized Admins group.

Beginner
Comments: 3

I have followed every suggestion in this thread and am still unable to login. I just started a trial yesterday and cannot login to any account with admin permissions, either local or domain. I always get the message: This account "is not allowed to access the management server"