Skip to main content

Replications failing since replication host subnet change

Thread needs solution
Forum Member
Comments: 24

I changed the subnet that my replication host was on from 192.168.100.xx to 192.168.102.xx and since all my replications are failing with the following error:

08:39:18 AM — 08:41:35 AM

Running replication plan 'OXC-PS-02' (OXC-PS-02)

Error

Device:

OXC-PS-02

Agent:

AcronisESXAppliance-11

Started by:

DOMAIN\admin

Start time:

Nov 27, 2018, 08:39:18 AM

Finish time:

Nov 27, 2018, 08:41:35 AM

Duration:

2 min

DetailsSupportAll properties

Error

Backup failed

SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Client[no subcode]
""
Detail: connect failed in tcp_connect()

DetailsSupportAll properties

The support link takes me to this page:  https://kb.acronis.com/content/61025

I have checked from each Acronis Appliance and storage device can successfully be pinged both by IP address and hostname.

I have removed and re-added the replication host via the Management Console and still replications are failing with this error.

I am currently looking through /var/log/messages for any clues as to where it is actually failing.

0 Users found this helpful
Acronis Program Manager
Comments: 3100

Hi,

In the message you quoted there is a generic "connect failed in tcp_connect()" error which means that the target resource is inaccessible by IP/hostname. There should be also records about which exact IP (from old or new subnet) was tried when getting the error. To confirm the behavior you should try browsing the backup location (I assume "replication host" is the storage for backups) by particular agent (appliance) via web console from Backups->Add location->choose appliance in "Machine to browse from" section and try browsing the new address. Once this location is added successfully, it should be specified in your existing backup replication plans by editing them.

If these checks do not help please contact our support team for futher assistance.

Edit: if by "replication" you refer to "VM replication" function, then also make sure that the appliances are connected to proper ESXi hosts/vCenter addresses - it can be checked from appliance local UI interface to confirm which ESXi host/vCenter it is connected to. 

Thank you.

Forum Member
Comments: 24

Hi Vasily,

Thanks for your reply.

The replica host is the physical ESXi host housing the replicas.

It was an oversight on my part, I mistakenly thought removing and re-adding the replica host would update the replica plans.

I have resolved it now with the suggestion from you and they are all running again.

Regards,

Christian