Skip to main content

Run Tasks or Plans in batch mode?

Beginner
Comments: 1

We are new to Acronis. We are running 12.5 Advanced, we run fulls on weekends and incrementals on week nights, and we have about 30 Windows servers of different sizes, some file servers, some application servers, most of them virtualized.

Scheduling this many servers for backup jobs during off-peak hours, and at the same time trying to spread out the load on the Acronis servers can be a challenge. Is there a way, maybe with acrocmd, to run backup jobs, or plans, consecutively in a batch mode?

I simply want to launch a Plan or series of Plans or Tasks that would allow a single backup job to run to completion and then start the next job, like a batch file. Can acrocmd facilitate the launching of tasks in a batch mode? How can I run a series of Plans or Tasks consecutively without using a schedule?

Thanks. Randy

RG
Beginner
Comments: 5

You may wait for an "official" answer, but I asked a similar question several weeks ago and learned about the staggering process.  I use a 3:00 AM scheduled time and allowed distribution of +/- 3 hours.  The jobs associated with the backup plan become randomized between the hours of 12:00 AM and 06:00 AM.  By default, only two jobs are allowed to run simultaneously, so that is not an issue.  It works well.

https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acronis-backup-125/method-manage-multip…

Beginner
Comments: 1

Thanks for the reply.

I tested using the “Limit the number of simultaneously running backups by X for virtual machines” parameter. It seems to limit the simultaneous jobs per virtual host (physical server), not per plan. If I create a plan say with 10 Hyper-V host servers and set the simultaneous limit to 1, then it appears that one virtual guest server per host will be backed up at one time. But it does not limit the total number of simultaneous jobs within the plan, only within a host server. So in my example I could have 10 jobs running at once. The option to distribute backup start times within a time window does not give me enough control over when jobs run, and I see nowhere to edit the “random” start time.

I'm still holding out some hope that the acrocmd utility might have the ability to give me some batch processing options. But, what I want may not be possible.  RC

Regular Poster
Comments: 246

Hi

Use "acrocmd list tasks" command on the agent to list tasks of all plans for this agent.

Then use "acrocmd run task" to start task.

After that use "acrocmd list activities" to monitor when task is finished (to start another task consecutively).