Skip to main content

Update the All-In-One VMware Appliance

Thread needs solution
Forum Member
Comments: 17

Hello,

so we see that a Update for the All-In-One VMware Appliance was released. But how do i update the running All-In-One Appliance ? Do i have to remove all of it and install it completely new ?

Thanks. Sven.

0 Users found this helpful
Frequent Poster
Comments: 555

Hello Sven,

Download zip archive with the new appliance from your account https://account.acronis.com, unpack it and configure the old appliance to boot from the .iso file found in the unzipped package.

Watch the build number displayed in the boot menu - it should be saying "build #12.5.9010". If you see an older (lower) build number, re-download the appliance.

Then go with install and update options, offered in the GUI. All the settings will be preserved, you do not need to reconfigure everything from scratch.

Beginner
Comments: 4

Thank you.

That was an easy process. Perhaps it should be documented if it is not already.

Chris

Forum Member
Comments: 17

Hello,

thank you for the instruction to update the all-in-one appliance. it was really an easy process.

best regards sven

Beginner
Comments: 2

Slava wrote:

Hello Sven,

Download zip archive with the new appliance from your account https://account.acronis.com, unpack it and configure the old appliance to boot from the .iso file found in the unzipped package.

Watch the build number displayed in the boot menu - it should be saying "build #12.5.9010". If you see an older (lower) build number, re-download the appliance.

Then go with install and update options, offered in the GUI. All the settings will be preserved, you do not need to reconfigure everything from scratch.

Hi Slava,

If I do that the install/update dialog doesn't find the old installed version and just installs a fresh build and breaks the old configuration. Once that's done and I boot with the ISO again I can see the how it would actually look like as the dialog compares ISO build with disk build but obviously says nothing to update as already latest.

I've attached a screenshot on how it looks like when I'm booting into the ISO with the All-in-One VMware appliance VM.

This has been the same issue for me since over half a year now.

Did you had this before?

Thanks,
Hendrik 

Attachment Size
500092-168001.png 29.53 KB
Forum Moderator
Comments: 4423

Hello Hendrik,

as per the records in our internal system, a similar issue has been fixed in the Update 3 for Acronis Backup 12.5. If you are using the latest build, but still experience with issue with updating current installation and preserving the config, please raise a support ticket for deeper investigation.