Skip to main content

Backup SQL Express

Beginner
Comments: 0

Hi all

Is it possible to backup SQL Express 2012 databases using Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 for MS SQL ?

Thank you.

Regards
Thomas

Regular Poster
Comments: 192

Hi Thomas!

Thank you for your interest to Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 for MS SQL Server.
Yes, our solution supports SQL Express 2012.

Regular Poster
Comments: 65

What about SQL Express 2005 support?

Forum Star
Comments: 1272

Hello Martinez,

Thank you for posting this question in our forum. I am happy to assist you. 

Please find all supported SQL Server versions in our Web Help: Supported Microsoft SQL Server versions.

The short answer for you is: Yes, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 is supported.

If you need additional assistance, please create a system report of the affected machine and contact support. You will find all available support options in our Customer handbook.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let me know.

Thank you.

Beginner
Comments: 1

I just heard about these but not experienced yet. I was in search of the best place for these. Any one experienced please share here for the more detailed view. Thanks in advance.

Beginner
Comments: 1

I have a question,

I think Acronis SQL backup needs the SQL Server Agent, right?
But the Agent are not activ by express Version. (He doesnt start)

Or has anyone running SQL backup with SQL Server express?

Forum Star
Comments: 1364

>Acronis SQL backup needs the SQL Server Agent, right?

No, it doesn't need Server Agent. I only have an experience with SQL 2005 express (the one that installs along with AMS) and it can be backed up with Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 for MS SQL.

Forum Member
Comments: 58

BTW, Acronis Backup 11.5 for MS SQL supports all versions of MS SQL Server from 2005 to 2014 (including Express versions) - 2005, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014.

The corresponding information in the Acronis Knowledgebase has been updated: https://kb.acronis.com/content/39035