Skip to main content

Backup will not start on SQL server "Error code: 41"

Beginner
Comments: 0

Hi can anyone help?

I have server 2012 with SQL 2008R2 and i have just downloaded a copy of acronis B&R 11.5 with sql server. I have used the administrator login for the authentication within the acronis software, but am unable to get it to work???

I get the below error after i start the backup (15 seconds in)

ProtectCommand: Failed to execute the command.
Additional info:
--------------------
Error code: 41
Module: 307
LineInfo: e6792a5ee190dda7
Fields: $module : agent_protection_addon_vs_37687
--------------------
Error code: 4353
Module: 87
LineInfo: e4fe5c9fd5e63dde
Fields: $module : aaib_mssql_backuper_vs_37687
Message: Cannot back up Microsoft SQL databases of instance 'SIMS2008'.
--------------------
Error code: 308
Module: 87
LineInfo: a590150b0bc6bdac
Fields: $module : ArsAgentProvider_vs_37687
Message: Account 'administrator@STJOAN0' does not have enough privileges to access instance 'SIMS2008'. To be able to back up or recover the instance, the account must have the Microsoft SQL Server sysadmin role in it.
--------------------

Forum Star
Comments: 2672

Hello Riccardo,

I'm glad to assist you.

Please check this article for the solution.

User of Acronis Managed Machine Service needs to have sysadmin role in the SQL server to perform successful backup of SQL database. Here you can read more about permissions for SQL Server backup and recovery.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.

Beginner
Comments: 1

I can't get a business licensed Acronis 11.5 Backup and Restore to launch across the domain. However, I can perform a local machine backup via the Remote Manager to remote connect to any other machine. Even a simple backup times out giving me this pop-up error message. Email me and I can send it to Acronis for analysis. After installing 11.5 Workstation yesterday, the station blue screened BSOD two times today. Even though I've setup the Windows 2008 Server, to store network backups to, I can only perform a local machine backup. The Windows 2008 Server machine is serving as my storage node, as well as the Acronis manager node. I get this message when I try to save a custom scheduled backup, directing the backup destination to the networked server Backup folder, which I'm sharing with Everyone.

Attachment Size
172308-112072.jpg 929.47 KB
Forum Star
Comments: 2672

Hello Barry,

can you please describe your configuration and scenario in details? 

You mentioned that you use Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5, but in your screenshot is an Acronis Backup and Recovery 10 window.

Thank you.