Skip to main content

Blue Screen on Windows 2008 R2

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 0

Hello!

I have been wrestling with an issue for weeks and hoping I can get some support on a serious issue.

On one of my Windows 2008 R2 servers, I am getting regular BSOD blue screens causing the backup to fail and the server to do an ugly restart. It will sometimes work for a few days, and then BSOD everyday, and then maybe work again.

More info:

I am running the latest 3.9 version of the software, and in fact upgraded all systems to 3.9. I am backing up to a storage node that is on a Windows Server 2012 Hyper V. On the particular server in question, if I backup to a local USB device - never get BSOD, only when I introduce the storage node.

I have a second set of servers, in the same configuration Windows 2008 R2 host backing up to a storage node on a Windows 2012 system, same version of Acronis - never have an issue.

I uninstalled all the acronis clients, reinstalled the latest version - worked for a few days, BSOD last night.

Any ideas for anyone in the community greatly appreciated!

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Star
Comments: 1377

3.9 doesn't look like a version of any Acronis product. What is its build displayed in help-about window?

Investigating BSOD issues will require you to contact support, the most important part of information to be collected is Windows memory dump - https://kb.acronis.com/content/17639 .