Skip to main content

Acronis advanced for vmware and Exchange 2010

Beginner
Comments: 2

we are backupping acronis since a week but i have some problems with exchange.

I see that my trancated files not has been cleaned., i backuped it with Volume shadow copy Service, ans enabled VSS full copy.

also i dont have the option to restore on mailbox level

now i have installed the exchange agent for VMWare on my exchange, enabled VSS but disabled VSS full backup (adviced in the notification screen below)

is this the right way to do ? or must i do something else ? i cnat remember that i installed a agent with vmprotect 9.

Forum Star
Comments: 2660

Hi,

If you're using 11.7 version of Acronis Backup Advanced then you need to capture separate Exchange backups (backup source must be an Exchange database rather than entire machine). If you use 12.5 version then there is an option to enable application protection which would let you recover Exchange items even from entire machine backups. In other words it's not completely clear what you're using right now and how you configure the backup. Please attach some screen shot illustrating your actions step-by-step and clarify which components and where you have installed or you can also contact our support team for further assistance.

Thank you.

Beginner
Comments: 2

I use 11.7 at this moment

i selected the full VM because thats the only i could choose from.

now i have installed the exchange agent on my exchange server, and selected again the full vm.

i can not find the option to select only the database to backup, if i add a backup (plan) i only can choose my vm's from my ESX hosts. i have only 4 licenses for ACronis advanced for VMWare.

Forum Star
Comments: 2660

Hi,

In 11.7 you should backup Exchange application separately as described here. You cannot backup VMs with application-aware option (there is no such option in 11.7), so the Exchange items could be restored only if you backup the Exchange machine separately, e.g. via Agent for Exchange installed inside it, but not at VM level.

Thank you.