ABR10 - Very Slow Restore
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition (v10.0.11639) Management Console and ESX Applicance component are installed on a Proliant 380 G5 Windows 2003 SP2 server with 2-CPU/Quad-Core with 4 GB RAM, 1 Gbits NIC. 2.66 Ghz Xeon CPU
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent is installed on a remote Virtual Machine (1 CPU, 2 GB RAM) running in VMware ESX3.5 U2 on HP Proliant BL 460c G1 with 32 GB RAM on this ESX host.
- 1 Gbits LAN connection end-to-end
- Have not yet tried installed ESX Appliance VMware ESX3.5 U2
- A Personal vault is created to point to Data Domain DD660 unit.
I am currently running trial version to test out this product and so far the backup job of a 109 GB file took about 1 hr to complete (40 MB/sec, but the restore job of the same backed up file would take 5.5 hours to complete (5 MB/sec). The file is restored to the same file server and volume that it was backed up from.
Note: When I use BackupExec v10D to backup and restore the same file, both backup and restore would complete in 1 hour.
Has anyone experienced similar issue?
Thanks for your input.