Skip to main content

Really really urgent!!! error code 768 module 149 while trying to recover

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 1

Hi all,

I really need to access this back up but i get the following error:

Recovery has failed. Additional info: -------------------- Error code: 768 Module: 149 LineInfo: ce47d41ec10269d7 Fields: Message: Recovery has failed. --------------------

Can somebody, please, help me?

I am using Acronis Backup and Recovery 11 on Win7 Pro x64 and the location where the archive was made is our data server which is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64.

Thanks in advance...

0 Users found this helpful
Beginner
Comments: 1

I'm getting the EXACT same error on Windows Server 2008 R2 when trying to recover the image. Support is useless. Really need an answer on how to fix this. PLEASE HELP.....

Beginner
Comments: 2

Same problem here.

Additional info:
-------------------
Error code: 768
Module: 149
LineInfo: ce47d41ec10269d7
Fields:
--------------------

...and that's it.

Beginner
Comments: 2

Working for me now. The issue in my case was a problem with the source image; deleted the old one and made a new one.

I believe the second image worked because I ended up pulling the source drive out of the chassis it was in and plugging it directly into the new box with a USB adapter before imaging. There were possibly some motherboard issues in the PC the source drive came from which caused image corruption.

If anyone else has this error, try re-imaging the source drive from a known good computer, plugging it in with either a USB adapter or directly to the motherboard.

M@