Skip to main content

Errors backup to nas synology

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Posts: 1
Comments: 1

we use acronis vm protect and we backup vm from vmware esxi 5.5 to synology nas 815rp+

backup fails i write some errors that i can see, i don't understand the proble, i checked the access to share folder in to nas and it is correct

why then ?

could be a problem if time is not the same betweeen vmìs and synology ?

 

 

Attachment Size
2016-03-24_1825.png 11.2 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Acronis Program Manager
Posts: 22
Comments: 3742

Hi,

The error message shown on the screen shot indicates that the source VM item with specific InstanceUUID (which is a vSphere property of an object) could not be found on the virtualization host, i.e. it's not related to the backup location. Such problem may appear when there are duplicate InstanceUUID values for 2 or more different VMs. This problem can be solved via Solution C from https://kb.acronis.com/content/32243 article. Also it may be the case that InstanceUUID of particular VM had been changed and the backup task contains outdated value - to check it, simply edit the problematic backup task and check the 1st step of the wizard to confirm the VM selection (it will be empty if the VM had its InstanceUUID changed).

If nothing of the above helps please contact our support team for further assistance.

Thank you.

--

Best regards,

Vasily

Acronis Virtualization Program Manager

Beginner
Posts: 1
Comments: 1

Thank you Vasily

it would be hard form me to understand the troubleshoting

i tell you what i did,  I  deleted Acronis Appliance VM from host VWWARE, i deleted the folder and the inventory

i downloaded tha latest version of Acronis VM Protect and i installed it in to a different datastore in vmware server

i had to insert licenses and whatever, like the first configuration

 

At the moment all backups RUN !

 

thank you again

 

Alessandro

Acronis Program Manager
Posts: 22
Comments: 3742

Hi Alessandro,

Practically what you did is re-creating the backup tasks - this specific action (which was the result of re-installation) should've fixed the problem :) My original idea was that the backup tasks on your old appliance contained wrong identifiers (InstanceUUID) of the VMs recorded and thus couldn't find the VMs when the task was run. Re-creating the tasks on new appliance re-read the identifiers from vSphere and so the issue is gone. In any case I'm glad to hear that it finally works for you.

Thank you.

--

Best regards,

Vasily

Acronis Virtualization Program Manager