RAID1 with Intel Rapid Storage - Move system to new SSDs on HW-RAID - HowTo?
this weekend I have to do some tests with my server (Win 2012R2).
On a test-system I want to try some migration steps.
The task is:
- move the system volume (2 SSDs in a RAID1) from onboard SATA to a Broadcom RAID controller
Before doing that I´d like to check, whether ABA 12.5 is basically capable of handling the things I want to try.
So the situation is:
- 2 SDDs connected to the onboard SATA controller
- the 2 SDDs build a RAID1,controlled with Intel Rapid Storage
- On this RAID Array the system volume of the Win 2012R2 server is located
- I created a linux based bootable media with license key, so backups should be possible
My plan is:
- remove one of the 2 disks
- the RAID is then marked as degraded and runs from the remaining SDD
In the first moment this is a working operation mode.
- Make a backup of the running disk with the bootable media
- Disconnect the remaining SSD
- Insert a completely new SSD in the PC, connecting it to a real RAID controller (Broadcom 9361-8i)
- Restore the previously made backup to this disk
- create a RAID1 with a second SSD
Is ABA capable of assisting me in these steps?
Can the bootable media create backups of disks that are in a RAID controlled by Intel Rapid Storage?