Validation of one location slower than the other
I have a backup plan that also does replication to a second storage location and runs also a validation within the plan.
Infos on the plan:
- backup of an entire Hyper-V machine
- agent is the Hyper-V HOST
- weekly full, daily incremental
- retention rules to keep 4 wekks full and 14 days incremental
- replication to second location with the same settings
Infos on the storage locations:
- both are QNAP NAS
- QNAP of first storage location has 4 aggreated 1GBit LAN ports
- QNAP of second storage location has 2 aggreated 1GBit LAN ports
- all devices connected to the same switch
The Backup I watch has
- one file with 12kB
- 4 files with about 20GB
. Acronis Backup 12 format
What I can see in the activity log:
- Validation starts on the second storage location
- the validation on the second storage location needs about 55 minutes
- the validation on the first storage location needs about 3 minutes
- During validation I can see about 100MB/s outgoing network traffic to the Hyper-V host.
So neither disk performance nor LAN performance differs.
- on the second storage location the traffic goes for a while via LAN port 1 with approx. 100MB/s then via LAN port 2 with thge same speed, and so on...the port change seems to be after about a minute.
Can anyone give me an explanation why the tieme differs in that amount.
It´s almost factor 20!!
It seems as if the validation of the first location transfers much less data (3 minutes, 100MB/s --> 18GB) whereas the validation task of steh second location transfers about 330GB.
The 18GB of transfer size of the first validation task fits the size of the last written tibx file quite well, but the more than 300GB does not even fit the size of the complete chain....
So whats the problem.
I can see this behaviour on all my plans: second location always much slower than first.