Virtual machine has no license after update 3
A very unfunny experience during installation of upgrade 3 was the change of local keys to online activation.
After that the licensing was generally messed up, the two available Backup Advanced Virtual Host licenses were assigned to virtual machines with installed agents.
After reassigning the licenses to the hosts all looked fine, but a backup task performing an agent based domain controller backup with application backup did not run tonight.
Only after checking the details of the job I got a plan limitation message:
"The protection plan cannot be run for <insert server name here> as the device has no license. To change the license manually, select the device and then go to Details → License."
The protection plan cannot be run for <insert server name here> as the assigned license does not allow the following functionality:
You can disable the modules with unsupported functionality to continue using the protection plan. To change the license manually, select the device and then go to Details → License.
I edited the licensing - found that one license is now properly assigned to the Hyper-V host, which is hosting the mentioned VM, and the second license is shown as assigned to a virtual machine on the other Hyper-V host. (I changed that just 10 minutes ago and the license jumped back in display to that VM).
Not only that you should not perform such changes in the application of licensing within one main release, messing up with such a change and revoke functionality which worked before is not a good thing at all.
Edit: A scheduled replication, which I edited to start a few minutes earlier, did not run at all.
Greetings from Germany