Skip to main content

Features work AcronisCyberProtectHomeOffice_40107.iso

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 1

Dear colleagues.
I have a question about AcronisCyberProtectHomeOffice_40107.iso

Why does the system not work with extFAT disks?

After starting from a bootable flash drive, it is impossible to use disks of this type either for copying files or for storing storage.

How could a solid developer like Acronis fail to implement system support in their boot drive...

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Star
Comments: 1748

Vasyl, please read Acronis' KB article on file system support. Specifically...

exFAT **
Note: WinRE/WinPE-based bootable media is required to recover system backups, stored on an exFAT-formatted disk. exFAT is supported only for disk or partition recovery operations (without resizing).
It is not possible to browse and restore individual files and folders selectively from a backup of exFAT disk volume. exFAT partitions are shown as empty, when trying to browse and recover individual files. It is possible to restore all files at once in disk/partition recovery mode.

It appears as though you simply downloaded the .iso directly from Acronis. I don't know what you get by doing this, but it might be the Linux version which won't do.

Instead, use the Rescue Media builder in the application to create a WinRE or WinPE version which should serve you well.

Forum Hero
Comments: 5018

BrunoC wrote:

It appears as though you simply downloaded the .iso directly from Acronis. I don't know what you get by doing this, but it might be the Linux version which won't do.

Instead, use the Rescue Media builder in the application to create a WinRE or WinPE version which should serve you well.

Bruno, the iso on the Acronis download pages are all Linux based; my recollection is that this is due to Microsoft licencing conditions that result in the provision of Windows based iso impracticable.

Ian 

Beginner
Comments: 1

Thanks for the reply and help.
Indeed, in most cases I always used the ready-made iso image and everything was fine until I ran into a 4TB external hard drive.

It's just strange that such a solid company could not add to their Linux distribution a module for accessing extFat, which all current Linux distributions have.

In such cases, you will have to use WinPE assemblies.