Skip to main content

HP Probook X360 11 G1 EE PXE Boot Black Screen

Beginner
Comments: 5

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the HP Probook X360 11 G1 EE when you PXE boot and choose your option to load either Acronis Snap Deploy 5 Master Image Creator or Snap Deploy 5 Image Deployment from UEFI PXE Menu.  We let the machine run overnight but only come back to find that it is sitting at a black screen and never displays the Acronis and disk volumes found information before going into the GUI for us to deploy or create a image of the computer from.

If you have seen this black screen issue before do you know what you did that helped fix the issue and allowed you to deploy a image to or take a image of the computer without any issues?

Edit - We are currently running the beta version 1690 for Snap and Deploy 5 and this is using the base PXE server image on the server itself.  Haven't tried a WinPE Disk yet to see if that would work or not.

Thanks,

Fred Funk

Beginner

Following up with some more information we did some more testing and it took well over 8+ hours for it to boot into the Master Image Creator and also Snap Deploy using base PXE components that came with the current Acronis Build.  Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas what we can do to help this machine boot quicker?

Thanks,

Fred Funk

Forum Star
Comments: 2186

Hello Fred,

Thank you for your posting! Take a look at the following thread, that might be helpful, and 47134: Acronis Backup: Troubleshooting PXE Booting Issues article, where we've gathered the most common tips. If the issue persists, I'd suggest opening a support ticket for investigation.

Thank you,  

Beginner

Thank you for your help I did look into thos issues.  I recently tried getting all the drivers off of HP for the machine and upon booting to Win 10 PE disk I was able to successfully image the machine and pull a image off the machine as well.  Looks like the latest beta version 1690 doesn't have all the drivers for the machine yet loaded into their PXE image.

Thanks Fred

Beginner
Comments: 1

Fred i am having alot of issues  deploying this exact model laptop. i can boot into the PXE and start a deployment./ however the deployment will fail randomly during the deployment.  any ideas?

Beginner

Morgan,

Here is the list of drivers that I used to make my WinPE 10 Acronis Disk:  

• SP78382
  • SP78399
  • SP78400
  • SP78401
  • SP78402
  • SP78608
  • SP80334

Hopefully this will help with your issue.  They might have released newer drivers out for the HP Probook X360 11 G1 EE which is ok to use them as well.

Fred