Skip to main content

Snap deploy 5 1660

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 1

hi, 

i need an extra quick support now. i try to deploy an image at my company and after pxe boot agent cannot see the ethernet nic. if anybody know the solution please help me as soon as possible.

Lenovo mtm10j0 - s24r00

ethernet nic intel l219-V

thanks a lot

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Moderator
Comments: 6681

Ali, I've sent you the link to the build 1662 in PM.

Beginner

I am having the same issue on the new Dell 7040 micro PC. I currently have build 1660 and the Dell has the I219-LM NIC.

Forum Hero
Comments: 8348

Joe, send a PM to Ekaterina and request the beta build.  It looks like a newer beta, 1666 is available now and also brings newer support for the NVME drives by default. 

Beginner
Comments: 5

I have also requested this build.   I have new HP ProDesk 600 G2 Mini PCs that are using the I219-LM NIC which is not detected in ASD version 5.1660.

Forum Hero

Kevin,  I just sent you a PM with 1666

Beginner

Thank you for the download.  It seems to have resolved my issue.

Thanks again,
Kevin

Beginner
Comments: 3

Hello,

I am having the same issue on the new Fujitsu Lifebook E756. I currently have build 1660 and the Fujitsu has the I219-V NIC.

please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Regular Poster
Comments: 202

Hello, Robert

Please PM Ekaterina to get a new build 1666.

Best regards.

Forum Hero

Robert, just sent you a PM with the link.

Beginner

Hi,

I also need this beta version.  I am deploying on a Dell Lattitude E5570 with network drivers I219-LM.

Something I find strange is that the drivers on this Windows 10 are from the 4 augustus 2015 ... :-O  About one year ago.  Why Acronis did not reconised this card ?

Thanks.

Xavier.

Regular Poster
Comments: 202

Hello, Xavier

Could you please clarify what build of Acronis Snap Deploy you use?

If the build is 1660 or older, then it makes sense to try b1666. To get it, please contact Ekaterina.

Best regards.

Beginner

@AlexenderK,

Thank you for your answer.

I am using the latest build available, thus the build 1660.  I also think that it make sense to try the build 1666 beta.

I already take contact with Ekaterina, but I dind't receive any answer yet.

Regards.

Forum Hero

xavier, sent you the link via PM

Beginner

Thank you I got it. 

But helas the network card is also not recognized.

I don't know what I can do now ?

Beginner

may I get one Beta version of the Snap Deploy, I have installed 5.0.1660 but its not working on DELL Latitude E5470. 

Forum Hero

Shaz, check your PM.

Beginner

Hi,

I have Latitude E5470 latest model from Dell.

Installed the Beta version you provided, in my PXE server uploaded only Acronis Snap Deploy 5 Agent.

Laptop started booting from PXE client, and I got two option 1. Acronis Snap Deploy 5 Agent 2. Continue OS booting

I chose Acronis Snap Deploy 5 Agent.

The next page is coming blank (Black) Screen with a cursor blinking continusely and nothing comes up after that.

One more info. 

I have Site License on a different server and site license has older version of SD5.

Please help

Forum Hero

Hi Shaz, I replied to your PM, see if that info helps at all. 

Beginner

Great !! Thanks a lot, After changing it to UEFI mode, it worked. 

Beginner

I was unable to install the 1662 build. It just sits there and churns away for hours. What procedures should I follow to properly install the new build?

Forum Hero

Chris, If you're having install issues, I would completely remove in control panel and then reboot.  AFter rebooting, download the full installer from your account and when you have it, right click and "run as administrator" even if you are logged in as an admin already.  If you're still getting an error after that, what is the error showing?

I'll send you a PM with beta 1666 as well - might as well use the latest beta to have the NVME driver support for newer hardware. 

Beginner
Comments: 9

I have the same Problems with Dell and current Intel NICs. Why does Acronis not do more Updates for the default NICs from the big OEM (Dell, HP, ...)?

Is it possible to get the current Beta for testing?

Thanks.

Beginner

I am getting the same thing with Dell E5470's and Intel NICS. Even with this related 1660 release when I boot from media it still does not see the NIC.

Forum Hero

Tnemec - PM sent with beta 1666

Forum Hero

Ditto for Stefan. Check your PM.

Beginner

Thanks for the beta, but now the atteched error apears... (Dell Optiplex 7440 AiO, NVMe SSD)

Attachment Size
375479-131602.jpg 3.5 MB
Forum Hero

Is this PXE boot or bootable recovery media boot?  Did you try both UEFI and Legacy boot options for both PXE boot and/or the bootable recovery media?

One other issue I find with some of these newer Dells is that they ship by default with the SATA mode in the bios as "RAID ON" even though there is only a single drive.  Switching the SATA mode in the bios to AHCI may help with the loading of Acronis media either via PXE or the bootalble media. 

Last, did you upgrade directly to 1666 from the previous version?  If so, you could try removing all Snap Deploy components via control panel "add/remove programs" or "programs and features".  Reboot to update the registry and then when you install 1666 again, make sure to right click and select the option to "run as adminisrator" even if you already are logged in as admin to give it higher elevated access due to UAC.

If you do uninstall/reinstall, you'll most likely need to start with a new template and enter the license keys for deployment again. 

Forum Hero

Stefan - according to this KB article - the bootable media is corrupt and should be rebuit.  If rebuilding doesn't immediately fix it, try a different media (perhaps even a different thumb drive and even a different manufacturer type).  If using a disc, try a USB too - discs break down overtime and others have reported numerous bad discs in a single large spindle.

If that doesn't work, then try the uninstall and reinstall and then create media again:

1874: Acronis Bootable Media Fails to Load with "Kernel panic"

Beginner

PXE boot at first. Then I downloaded the bootable media version and booted the laptop directly from it. Still could not see the network adapter.

"One other issue I find with some of these newer Dells is that they ship by default with the SATA mode in the bios as "RAID ON" even though there is only a single drive.  Switching the SATA mode in the bios to AHCI may help with the loading of Acronis media either via PXE or the bootalble media."

Yes, I have disabled this. We do that now with the E5450 models and it works. With the E5470 it still cannot see the nic.

"Last, did you upgrade directly to 1666 from the previous version?"

We have not upgraded our version. I didn't want to upgrade till I knew that the newest version corrected this issue first.

Forum Hero

1666 does address the NIC issue and the NVME detection issue.  Which bootable media did you download - I'm assuming 1660 still since you can only create the bootable media with 1666 after it has been installed since it's a beta and you haven't installed 1666 yet.  If you don't want to install it in production, you can just install the beta on any other system - even a PC or VM (virtualbox is free if you don't have anything else), include one deployment license to register it and then create the bootable media with 1666 and test it out.  I don't recommend installing PXE boot in your test system though you don't want it conflicting with the actual server - actually just don't network connect the test install it if the goal is just to create the new media and test it out.  

Beginner

After rebuilding the boot media it works - thank you.

I have to set Raid On, because there is an non-Samsung M2.SSD. This is what Dell said. 

Forum Hero

Glad it's working.  I have no idea why Dell would tell you that a non-Samsung M2 drive would require Raid On.  ACHI should work fine in a single drive setup regardless of the brand.  As long as you're able to boot and use the bootable media, it doesn't matter very much.  Others are not able to get their boot media to work with RAID-ON and some of the newest Dell Ultrabooks, but have no issues once they switch to AHCI mode.

Of course, the work-a-round in most cases, if you have any boot issues, is to create Win PE media instead.  Unfortunately, and I don't know why, the WinPE version of ASD5 does not include stand-a-lone deployment so that's not an option currently.  I do hope they bring this in whenever the next major version ASD comes along though, really can't figure out why it's not there in WinPE, but is in the Linux media.

Beginner

Yes. 1660 is all that I am offered through my account online as the "latest". How do I obtain the beta iso?

Forum Hero

Tnemec - check your PM.  1666 is beta so not posted online, but I have provided the link to you. 

Beginner

I seem to be having the same issues as the others.

I have the new HP ProDesk 600 G2 Mini PCs that are using the I219-LM NIC which is not detected in ASD version 5.

Is the only solution to update to 1666?

Forum Hero

Kurt check your PM.

Beginner

In the same boat as those posted above.  Current build I'm using doesn't see the nic for the Dell 7040 micro's my company just purchased.  Was hoping for access to a version that can see the nic.  Have 50 to image and doing it one at a time is going to be rough.

Forum Hero

Hi Daniel,

Link has been sent to you via PM.  Double check to see if the 7040's are set in the bios for "RAID" if they came with NVME PCIE hard drives - the LInux media won't work with the SATA mode set as RAID.  If they are RAID (even if only using a single drive) and your deployment image is RAID only, you can temporarily change the SATA mode to AHCI for the deployment and the change back to RAID before booting.  Alternatively, you'll have to create WinPE (.wim file), inject it with the IRST drivers and then you can upload to the deployment server and boot the .wim from PXE from there.  For me, Wim booting from the server is a mixed bag though and usually much slower so the AHCI work-a-round is usually what we go with.  

Beginner
Comments: 2

I am also having the same issue with my companies various Dell products. May I also recieve this build?

Also, a work around for the undetected NIC I found that worked for me is to use a USB NIC dongle to do image. Once image is complete onboard NIC drivers are still intact. Hope this helps.

Forum Hero

Hi Darrin,

I've sent you the link via PM. 

Beginner

Can I get a copy of the build as well? I'm having the same issues with a group of Dell Latitude e5470s

Forum Hero

Pm has been sent

Beginner
Comments: 17

Could you please provide me a link for th 1666 Download? 

Thanks in advance. 

Forum Hero

Hi Fabian, I've sent a PM with the link.  Regards!

Beginner

Hi i need also the beta Version off Snapdeploy 1666

could to post me the download link for me

i have the same problem with Intel I219 on Fujitsu Q956 PCs

thanks a lot

Forum Hero

It's available on the main forum page as a sticky now...

Sticky: Build 1666 can be found here!

114 by Ekaterina Surkova
2016-11-28 05:08
n/a
Beginner

where can i find Ekaterina? i have the same problem.  thx.

Forum Hero

Nicke, She's listed in the post just above yours...

Ekaterina Surkova

What problem are you having exactly?  You can't find 1666?  It's also in the thre

Download and install it.  If you still have PXE boot NIC issues, remove the PXE component from control panel and reboot.  Then, reinstall just the PXE component again and reboot and try again. Every now and then, the PXE service needs a kick in the pants when upgrading over the top of a previous version and removing and reinstalling it is fairly simple and straight forward. 

Beginner

Hello, Could you please send a PM for the Beta Build 1666 in English to us. We are currently using Build 1660 and attempting to PXE-boot with a DELL E5570 laptop where the Ether-Nic is not being recognized.

Forum Hero

It's a sticky in the main page now...