Skip to main content

[DUPLICATE] Unable to access network via Acronis Snap Deploy 4 (build 580) on new desktops

Beginner
Comments: 1

My school system just bought 200 HP 4300 pro desktops and when booting into master image creator to send the image to our imaging server, "computers near me" is not showing up.

When booting another of the same model to Snap Deploy Agent, I get a failed to connect to Snap Deploy.

I suspect there is a network driver issue that Acronis Snap Deploy does not have installed but there is no update to do. I had this same issue with some Dell Optiplex 390s awhile ago and had to use a CD to get them to boot image via PXE. That would be a nightmare with the amount of desktops we have to deploy.

Issue is discussed here.

Forum Member
Comments: 64

Hello Marc,

You are correct in your suspicions. That is most likely a driver problem. You can try to create a PE media with necessary 32 bit drivers to see if that works. You can upload it to PXE server without a problem too.
Or since you have build 580 that means that you already contacted our support. You can contact again with your current request so that we could investigate it.
Usually in these cases we provide bootable media of Acronis Backup and Recovery (our product that gets updates more often) and see if that bootable media is able to see network on your device. We ask for a system report from it to see details. If that works we can prepare a build of SnapDeploy based on a newer Linux Kernel that will work with you NIC.
However there is a chance that drivers are proprietary and we can't distribute them in our products due to their license limitations. In this case winPE will be the only solution.

Beginner

I was able to build a PE image with the drivers for that model and it did fix part of my issue (I am now able to get machines to boot to Snap Deploy Agent however they still will not see "computers near me" in Master Image Creator). Now when I try to image an older machine using this new PE image, the NIC drivers don't load. Do I really have to switch back and forth depending on the machine I want to image? Is there no way to add drivers to the existing Acronis PXE drivers?

Also I see there is a no public build 582 which has solved a lot of network driver issues. How do I go about getting this?

Forum Star
Comments: 2672

Hello Marc,

please check your private messages. I've sent you a download link to build 582.

Thank you.

Beginner

Hi,

I have the same problem. I can't see my network card when I want send a image of my new laptop (HP Probook 650 G1)

Can you send the build 582. This is a update of 540 if I understood ?

Regards
Olivier.

Forum Star

Hello Oliver,

yes, build 582 is installed as an update.

I've sent you a private message with the link.

Thank you.

Beginner

Hello,

I have the same problem. The network card isn't recognized.

I can't see my network card when I want send a image of my new laptop (HP Probook 650 G1)

Can you send me the link to the build 582 please

Thanks

Beginner

Hi, I'm encountering the same issue as the above posters as well. We are evaluating SnapDeploy so I unfortunately do not have much time to troubleshoot in my trial.

The laptops we are using are a Lenovo X1 Carbon (late 2013 model) with the supplied Lenovo NIC dongle.

Can you PM me the link to the newest build?

Thanks!

Beginner
Comments: 2

Hi, i also have the same problem, and there is a amount of machine that need to be deployed.

Can you PM me the link to the newest build?

Thanks.

Beginner

I am having the same issue with a Dell 9020 small formfactor PC...
can you also send me the link with the updated drivers, I have many of them to do...

Thanks
Ds

Forum Star

Hi Doug,

I've sent you the link.

Thank you.

Beginner

Hi,

I'm receiving the same issue trying to deploy to our new HP ProDesk 600s on build 540, can you supply the link to the latest build?

Thanks.

Beginner
Comments: 13

Also have the same issue with Lenovo ThinkPad L440s. Link please? Thanks

Beginner
Comments: 3

please send me a link of the newest build.. 582

Beginner

Please can someone send me the link to the new build.

I'm trialing this and its a nightmare.

None of our machines NIC's are detected.

Beginner

Hi,

The NIC I have is I217-LM as well. Am I able to get the build 582 sent to me?

Thank you.

Beginner

Hi, I as well use Intel I217-LM NICs in our HP ProDesk 600, could You please give me the Link to donwload Build 582, too? Is there a german version of Build 582?

Regards

Beginner

Hello,

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I am running into the same issue during the trial with my Lenovo M73's, I would greatly appreciate a link to the newest build.

Beginner

Hi,

Can I get this update as well? I'm using the ASD4 trial and can't get any of my Dell's (Latitude and Optiplex's) to find the network card.

Thank you!

Beginner

Hi,

Can I get this update as well? I'm using the ASD4 trial and can't get any of my Dell's (Latitude and Optiplex's) to find the network card.

Thank you!

Beginner

Hello,

it will be very nice if you can send me also an download link. i have a lot of Trouble with Network Access and wireless Keyboard.

thx

mark

Beginner

Hello,

I just got over 100 Dell Optiplex 9020 and 3020 machines in to image. I can't seem to get the network card to be recognized either. Can someone send me an updated installation link? The network card is the l217-LM

Beginner
Comments: 13

FYI, I keep getting notifications on this thread and I wanted to let everyone know that you might as well call them or give up here. They do not care about their own forums anymore. I still have never received a download link, and am going to look into other non-Acronis apps to take care of the imaging task.

It should not be this complicated of an issue that NIC drivers have to be added on a new build for every other new computer. Of all the Linux distros I've run on various hardware, I have never once ran into an issue with the NIC not working.

Acronis, what's your excuse? It better be a damn good one--even though I'm afraid it's too late for this customer.

Beginner

I am having a similar problem with Dell Latitude E6440 laptops. What is strange is that I was able to successfully image two of these laptops using PXE, but the next two are having issues - and I didn't change anything between imaging sessions. My laptops boot to PXE, reach out and grab a PXE image, and then load the Agent. It fails to see my SnapDeploy server at this point, and quits trying after a while. I assume that I will also need the new kernel build?

Cheers,

Tony

Beginner

Hello
I am having the same issue with some new dells at a customer not loading the network drivers. Please send me a link to the new build as they have just purchased more license.
Regards
Steve

Beginner
Comments: 4

I am also having the same issue with Dell Latitude E7440 and build 540. Could you send me the new build? Thanks

Beginner

I worked on this issue with Acronis Snap Deploy support. This is the response they gave me and I was able to create an image. You'll need to obtain the (Windows 7 in my case) network drivers for each device you'll want to image.

"You can refer to the below Knowledge Base article to create a WinPE based Acronis Bootable Media :

http://kb.acronis.com/content/26266"

Beginner

Good Afternoon,

I'm experiencing the same issue within our environment for this model pc and new HP model laptops (HP 820 G1, HP 850 G1). We're currently on 4.0.540.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathan

Beginner

Hello, we are experiencing the same problem on new Dell Precision T1700s with Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. I tried to use the boot disk on one PC and have the same problem with local computers not showing up. We have build 540 Universal and Snap Deploy. The server does not recognize them either. When doing a PKE boot it says there is no boot disk found and then quits. Thanks for the help.

Beginner

Hello,

the NIC I have is I217-LM as well. Can you send me the build 582, too?

Nic

Beginner

Hello,

I've got a similar Problem with our new desktops (NIC: Realtek RTL8111G) which do not start with Windows 7 x64 Enterprise N in a Acronis PXE-Environment. I'm hopeful, that the new build #582 may help in this case. Please send me the link to access the new version.

Thanks

Michael

Beginner

I've the same problem, the link to the last build is very appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Cristian

Beginner

Can you send me the newest build? I just purchased HP Elite 800 series PCs, and I can't save the image to a network share using Computers Near Me. Computers Near Me won't show up. I've never had this problem before. It happens with bootable media as well as the PXE server. I currently have Build 540.

Beginner
Comments: 10

Could someone send me the newest Build.
A lot of our new Products are note working cause of NIC Driver Problems.

Beginner

I am having the same issue with version 4.0.540 not recognizing the network drivers in my HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF.

Beginner

I too am having issues with accessing the network from Acrosis snap deploy. I am using 4.0.540. and I am trying to deploy to Lenovo Think Center M93z.

Can you send me a link to the latest build? Will that resolve the issue?

Beginner

Contact support directly, and they will send you Build 584.

Beginner

We urgently need to deploy to new HP workstations containing Intel I217 -LM N.I.Cs. Not possible using build .540!

Can you send me a link to the latest build?

Thanks in advance!

Beginner

I have the same problem with a Dell 9080. Could you please send me the link to the updated version 582 or later? Thank you.

Forum Star

Hello Everyone,

if you experience NIC recognition issues and need the latest build of Acronis Snap Deploy 4, please send me a private message.

Thank you.

Beginner
Comments: 4

Hello,

I have the same problem. The network card isn't recognized.

Can you send me the link to the build 582 please

Thanks

Peter Manz