Skip to main content

Acronis Locking up!!

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 1

Every time I start Acronis it locks up. I have to kill the process to get it started again then it does the same thing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. when i get it installed it works long enough to get my back up configured then I hit back up now and it locks. I have tried to setup multiple configurations local and on a mapped drive all just lock My build # is 18.0.6613

0 Users found this helpful
Beginner

Thank you.

Beginner

True image software is hanging on the preparition screen.  I keep recieveing an error messgae about external devices not working and when I hit any of the options of Yes, No, or cancel.  The process start all over again.  I have shut the computer down, I have tried to reboot using both a USB drive and a DVD and I still end up on the same screen.

Legend
Comments: 22524

Rob, welcome to these user forums.

We will need more information in order to try to understand what is happening for this problem?

What are you trying to do, i.e. is this a Backup or a Restore or something else?

Which build of ATIH 2015 are you using - you should see this on the Account screen - the final build was #6613?

Please download a copy of the Log File Viewer app from the link in my signature below - this can help show what messages may be posted in the Service log files for Acronis.  Post some log files to the forum if you need help reading them.

Beginner

I must say, I am VERY disappointed in Acronis 2021. Anything after 2017 really. I use AR daily for server I put out for my business and every time I try to restore a system it just locks up. I hate the idea of TIBX for my uses . Can i just make TIBs???

Forum Moderator
Comments: 5657

Hello Joseph,

the following article explains in which cases the software creates a .tib archive  Acronis True Image 2020: tib and tibx backup format usage. However, I'd strongly recommend raising a support ticket to investigate the issue with lockup.