Skip to main content

Backup doesn't complete

Thread solved
Forum Member
Comments: 23

One of my backups gets to about 90% complete and stalls. I have ran the log script and the log for it is attached.

I ran chkdsk on drive I - no errors. I am backing up to another internal hard drive. I normally backup to an external hard drive but it failed this same way so I thought that drive might have a problem.

I recently had the c drive crash and had to restore Windows. I re-installed Acronis afterwards.  I can backup a different drive without any problems.

Would someone please take a look?

using TI 2015

Attachment Size
AcronisLog.zip 1.54 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 18082

The log file doesn't show a reason why the backup fails other than an error early on with regard to opening a configuration file for the task which may suggest that there is still some corruption of your Acronis data here.

If you haven't already tried creating a whole new backup task using the same source data and target drive, then I would recommend doing so.

If the above doesn't resolve, then I would suggest doing a clean install of ATI 2015, i.e. uninstall ATI normally via the Control Panel, then download / run the Acronis Cleanup Tool (as Administrator) followed by restarting the computer, then install ATI again and recreate your backup tasks or use the option to 'Add existing backup' files and reconfigure the backups for those added files.

Forum Member
Comments: 23

Re-installing fixed the problem. Thank you for the help.

Legend
Comments: 18082

That is good to read, thanks for the feedback.