Skip to main content

Backup plan won't save

Beginner
Comments: 1

Hi,

since the last week, I have an issue with my True Image 2015. After creating a backup job and clicking on "later" (not executing the backup now), I can see the entry on the left side.

before_reopening.png

Reopening True Image 2015 will result in the entry being gone. Instead, I can see a "complete PC" source being selected, no destination. And there is no backup.

after_reopening.png

My settings:

Backup is weekly from Monday to Friday at 7pm.

At system boot, delay is 5minutes.

The PC gets shutdown after the backup is completed.

I tried reinstalling True Image, creating a new backup and starting it (and cancelling it), still the same results.

Any suggestions that might help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Legend
Comments: 9990
mvp

Tim, I can only suggest trying a clean install of your ATIH 2015 software to see if this will resolve this issue you are seeing.  I am not seeing any other users reporting the same problem in these forums recently.

Please ensure that ATIH 2015 is running with full Administrator privileges.

Legend
mvp

Note: to do a clean install - uninstall ATIH normally via the Control Panel > Programs & Features option, then download / run the Acronis Cleanup Tool as Administrator (link in my signature below) - restart the computer when done.

Finally, download the latest ATIH 2015 build installer from your Acronis account and reinstall this (again as Administrator) and recreate your backup tasks.

Beginner
Comments: 1

Hi, thanks for the advices. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling already. Will do a cleanup tomorrow and we'll see.

Edit: I uninstalled True Image 2015 and ran the cleanup tool. After installing it again and creating a backup plan I ran it to get a backup of the machine. Tomorrow I can hopefully confirm that this plan was saved in True Image.

Beginner
Comments: 6

Please excuse my long time to respond. I wanted the True Image to succesfully create some backups before confirming.

It is now working again. No idea why that problem occured, but it seems that the cleanuptool managed to solve it.

Thanks for the help!

Legend
mvp

Tim, thanks for giving feedback, great to hear that all looks to be good now.