Skip to main content

Can't browse backups

Thread solved
MT
Beginner
Comments: 7

Hi,

I've installed TI 2015 (build 6613) on a new Windows 10 (v1909) partition. I'm on a multiboot system where I have two Windows 7 partitions and one Windows 10.

On starting the program, it finds the TI 2010 TIB files from one of my drives. If I go to one of the backups and try a recovery, it says that it can't find the 14th increment. When I go to browse for that increment, it doesn't open an explorer window. I tried several times and it doesn't do anything - it just sticks with the same dialogue box.

Thanks

Mohammed

Attachment Size
TI2015-ISSUE.PNG 7.55 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 22524

Mohammed, the error messages like that in your screen image are normally caused when backup files have been deleted from outside of the ATI GUI options for automatic cleanup etc.  This happens because ATI tracks all backup files in an internal database and this is out of sync with the actual files found on your backup drive location.

There are several options that can be used to remedy this issue:

You can click on the Ignore (if shown) or Cancel option for each such missing file shown when doing any operation for the backup.

You can run a Validation of the backup which will again give the same or similar error pop-up messages where you need to Ignore or Cancel so that the database can be reconciled with the file status.

Finally, you can force the database to be rebuilt by following the steps in KB 60915: Acronis True Image: repairing program settings - this will create a new database which will then be repopulated with file information when the backup tasks are run or validated etc.

MT
Beginner

Thanks for getting back, Steve.

I had exactly the same problem with TI2010 running in my Windows 7 partition. However, here I was able to browse, point to the missing file, and everything worked as normal.

With TI 2015, I can't even browse. I appreciate what you're saying about rebuilding the database but the issue is that the browse button doesn't work.

Legend

The other approach you could try is to select the missing files using the 'Add existing backup' option which then should associate those files with the task present in the GUI.

MT
Beginner

Thanks Steve.

Well, my long-time association with Acronis has come to an end. I do own TI 2015 and 2016 and I just don't like them at all. I really liked the TI 2010 interface which did everything superbly and it was incredibly fast. I can't even install that in Windows 10. I don't know what Acronis are trying to do anymore.

I've moved to Macrium Reflect Workstation and I think it's superb. I've been using it quite extensively and I'm really happy with everythng it can do.

Regards

Mohammed

Legend

Mohammed, thanks for the update and good that you have arrived at a solution that works for you and does what you want!

Beginner
Comments: 12

To access data on your mobile device:

1. Start the mobile app.
  2. Tap the menu icon:
  3. Tap Access and Recovery:
  4. Select the device which data you want to access or recover:
  5. Select the data category you need:
  6. If you want view an item, tap to select it.