Skip to main content

Disk cloning fails

Beginner
Comments: 2

Hi,
I´m having problems when cloning disks with Acronis True Image 2015.
Build version is 6525

When cloning disk nr.2 to disk nr.3 (where disk nr.1 is my system disk) I get
"Failed to write data to the disk" message.
Failed to write to sector xxx.xxx.xxx of hard disk 2.
Failed to write the snapshot manager volume.(0x1000D3)
Unkonwn status. (0x9)
Access is denied (0xFFF0)

All disks have been checked and tested and working at 100%.
The disk type is Basic (not Dynamic).

Any help is welcome!

Beginner
Comments: 3

Same issue here. Any answer to this?

Acronis True Image 2015 (Build# 6525)
Proportional Clone: 2TB HDD (GPT) ==> 256Gb SSD (GPT)
Booting from WinPE media built from Windows 8.1

"Failed to write data to the disk" message.
Access is denied (0xFFF0)

Forum Hero
Comments: 6500

Run from an elevated command prompt chkdsk X: /r where X is the target disk. After repair completes try clone again.

Beginner

Ran chkdsk X: /r then tried cloning and got the same error.

Note: Prior to running chkdsk I deleted GPT and system recovery partitions and re-allocated entire drive to single partition to ensure chkdsk checked the entire disk. Chkdsk did not find any issues.

Beginner

As I have mentioned above:

"All disks have been checked and tested and working at 100%."

The main issue is the fact that I have NO problems working with the same disks (along with several others) and Acronis True Image 2010 for years on a second PC.
Now that I have installed Acronis 2015 on this one, there is a problem.

So as a customer, you can see my dissatisfaction.

Beginner

SUCCESS! --- sort of

I had the option of paying $20 for a one time support ticket (my yr support contract ran out shortly after upgrading to True Image 2015) ... Basically, pay Acronis to help debug their software. Or, purchase Paragon Migrate for $20 and give it a try. It worked without issue. To be fair, I have cloned a couple of other HDD to SSD using Acronis with no problem, but it obviously has issues in certain circumstances. I can't really give a clue as to why it did not work in this case. It was basically same scenarios (cloning Windows 8.1 hdd to ssd) just different hardware manufacturer. In this case it would not write to a UPDATE: OCZ Vertex 3 250GB not the Crucial 512Gb MX100 I listed earlier today.

Beginner

After reading several (problem) articles about True Image 2015 on this forum and given the situation GACoder had (paying them 20$ to fix the problem - which I refused to do), I have decided to uninstall True Image 2015, and go back to True Image 2010 which still works like a charm.
It´s still unbelievable they would sell a product with so many bugs just so they could ask for more money to fix the things that should have worked in the first place.

And I was willing to overlook the horrible user interface.

Beginner
Comments: 1

Same problem here. Tech support only says to run chkdsk. Well with all drives SSD that had exactly the zero effect I predicted. Very disappointed in this product, I only bought it to do this onetime clone to a larger SSD.

Beginner

I have the same problem too. I tried to clone 1GB from my Dell laptop running windows 8.1 pro 64 bit OS to 1GB SSD. As soon as, I hit restart button and Acronis fail to load the UEFI loader (SEE THE ATTACHMENT). At this time, my conclusion that Acronis True Image 2015 doesn't support 64 bit OS. Acronis should refund my $ back.

Attachment Size
281862-120787.jpg 19.82 KB
Beginner
Comments: 4

Same problem here using Windows 7 x64 on a Dell Precision M4800 Laptop.
Cloning HDD to SSD Crucial MX100.
Using Acronis TrueImage 2015 and latest Build 6613.