Guide to building a 64 bit UEFI Secure Boot WinPE 5.0 CD or USB Flash Drive running TI 2015 and Universal Restore with DD12
Guide to building a 64 Bit UEFI Secure Boot WinPE 5.0 CD or USB Flash Drive running TI 2015 and Universal Restore with or without Disk Director 12.0:
1. You must have True Image 2015 installed on the system you build from. You also need the free plugin "Media add-on" downloaded from your Acronis account and installed. You also need the Acronis True Image 2015 - Universal Restore program downloaded from your Acronis account and installed.
2. Download and install the Windows 8.1 ADK from Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=39982
3. Download MustangPEBuilder 2 ADK 64 LaunchBar from my website. http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/MustangPEBuilder/Downloads/Files/Setup_MustangPEBuilder_2_ADK_64_LaunchBar.zip . Unzip the file and run Setup_MustangPEBuilder_2_ADK_64_LaunchBar.exe to install MustangPEBuilder.
4. Download the True Image 2015 plugin from my website. http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/MustangPEBuilder/Downloads/Files/TI2015.zip . Unzip the file and move the TI2015 folder to C:\MustangPEBuilder_2_ADK_64_LaunchBar\Plugins. Now go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE\WinPE.zip and copy the Files and Files64 folders to the C:\MustangPEBuilder_2_ADK_64_LaunchBar\Plugins\TI2015 folder.
5. Download the Acronis Universal Restore plugin from my website. http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/MustangPEBuilder/Downloads/Files/AcronisUB.zip . Unzip the file and move the AcronisUB folder to C:\MustangPEBuilder_2_ADK_64_LaunchBar\Plugins. Now go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\UniversalBoot\WinPE\WinPE64.zip and copy the Files folder to the C:\MustangPEBuilder_2_ADK_64_LaunchBar\Plugins\AcronisUB folder.
6. If you do not have Disk Director 12 installed on your system, skip to step 7. If you do have Disk Director 12 installed, download the Disk Director 12 plugin from my website. http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/MustangPEBuilder/Downloads/Files/DD12.zip . Unzip the file and move the DD12 folder to C:\MustangPEBuilder_2_ADK_64_LaunchBar\Plugins. Now go to C:\MustangPEBuilder_2_ADK_64_LaunchBar\Plugins\DD12\ReadMe.txt and follow the instructions for a 64 bit WinPE.
7. Go to C:\MustangPEBuilder_2_ADK_64_LanchBar\Plugins and open plugins.ini with Notepad. Add the following lines to the end of the file:
only add the plugin3=DD12 line if you have Disk Director 12 installed on your system.
8. Run MustangPEBuilder64.exe from C:\MustangPEBuilder_2_ADK_64_LaunchBar and click the Create WinPE ISO button to generate a WinPE 5.0 ISO at C:\MustangPEBuilder_2_ADK_64_LaunchBar\ISO.
9. If you want a USB Flash Drive to boot WinPE, click the Advanced Options button and choose a drive letter where the USB flash drive will be created.
10. Burn the file winpe_amd64.iso at C:\MustangPEBuilder_2_ADK_64_Launch\ISO to a CD.
It's that simple! Because it's a 64 bit WinPE, it will be UEFI bootable.
Edited November 10, 2014:
Changed the order of plugins in step 7 above.
Edited November 18, 2014:
Removed the requirement that the build system must be Windows 8.1 64 bit. It should work on any system that is compatible with the Windows 8.1 ADK. See the system requirements provided by Microsoft on the Windows 8.1 download page.
Edited November 24, 2014:
Added screenshots for Acronis Universal Boot and Disk Director 12.
Edited August 3, 2015:
A new version of MustangPE has been uploaded to support the Windows 10 ADK. Download it from the above link.
A new version of the Universal Restore plugin has been uploaded to support the new version of Universal Restore provided by Acronis on July 29, 2015. Download it from the above link.