Skip to main content

Missing popup window

Beginner
Comments: 5

The Acronis program was hanging after opening it. After various reboots etc, I decide to try to uninstall and reinstall. Once I downloaded the program I see that it has the 'repair' option.  I tried that first rebooted and still had the same issue.

So I went with uninstall and reinstall.  This worked and the program now opens. However, I was unable to 'add backup' to add my existing backups to the program. When I click 'add backup' it looks like its working, but nothing opens.  The main program does go modal however and clicking on it will no longer work. It just makes an error noise indicating a modal popup window should have focus.  Nothing shows on desktop after minimize all.  Alt tab, task manager, etc.  I've even tried messing with my resolutions no luck.   After killing the process with taskmanger, rebooting and trying again. Same issue. I've tried about 4 times now with no luck.  Same results.  I was able to set up a NEW backup to my NAS and it ran successfully and all other tabs work. But clicking the 'add backup' button just continues to have the same effect.

I've played around with the program and add a new backup and all other buttons/features seem to work except this one. It seems to be some bug with the UI but I can't figure it out. Probably not worth the effort, and I'll likely just recreate the missing backup, but it was a pain to loose all the history!

Legend
Comments: 15139

Troy, what actual version / build of ATI are you using here, and on what version of Windows OS?

There is a separate option for 'Add existing backup' which is different to the 'Add [new] backup' one.

ATIH 2015 Add Backup.png

Beginner

Yes sorry I realized I wasn't completely accurate in my description.  The 'add backup' dropdown works as you show, but when you clcik the 'add existing backup' the app goes modal (as if a popup is open) but nothing appears.  The Create new Backup selection works fine.

Beginner

Troy M wrote:

Yes sorry I realized I wasn't completely accurate in my description.  The 'add backup' dropdown works as you show, but when you click the 'add existing backup' the app goes modal (as if a popup is open) but nothing appears.  The Create new Backup selection works fine. I am using v 2015.  I am running it on windows 8.1 pro [64bit on intel i7 w/16gb ram]

Attachment Size
481756-161046.jpg 22.83 KB
Legend
Comments: 15139

Troy, sorry not sure what else to suggest here if everything else is working normally with ATI 2015. The only other thought is to ensure that the ATI main executables are whitelisted for your security applications.

See KB 36429: Acronis Software: exclude program folders and executables from antivirus and other security programs  and  46430: Acronis Software: Making Acronis Products Compatible with Antivirus Software

Beginner

It is very odd. Not what is supposed to happen when I click the 'add existing backup' but it just locks the window. The only way to close ATI after that is kill it in task manager. I watched taskmanager before / after trying to open this and nothing changes. Also there is no other window in the alt-tab view.  It is as-if the popup is behind the ATI window, but there is no way to access it since the window can't be moved etc after the option is selected.

I tried to resize the main window as small as it would go as well as moving it around, but it had no change.  Guess I'll suck it up for now, I am not comfortable paying for a 'new' version if the old one won't work.