Skip to main content

trueimagehomeservice.exe used 23 GB of Internet last 30 days

Beginner
Comments: 1

Microsoft Settings Usage Detail Utility on W10 shows trueimagehomeservice.exe used 23 GB of Internet last 30 days.  Product is ATI 2015.  Is True Image coping my data to the cloud without my knowledge?  How do I disable this?  I have 5 computers on network using ATI 2015.  If they are all doing this, then they are consuming horrendous amounts of internet data.  Unacceptable!  I am going to have to uninstall this product if I can't find a solution.

Beginner
Comments: 1

Actually it is not Internet but Ethernet that was used.  This particular computer backs up across network where the others back up locally.  No foul play and problem solved.

Legend
Comments: 10008
mvp

Paul, welcome to these User Forums.

I doubt that True Image is copying your data to the cloud unless you a) have a Cloud subscription and b) have configured a backup task to store data in the Cloud.

The Windows 10 Network Usage Data information covers any transfer of data which will include backups you make to other network storage devices in your local network, i.e. NAS or shared Windows drives etc.

On my own computer, TrueImageHomeService shows as using 56.9GB over the last 30 days and to my mind this seems low given that I have been doing regular disk backups to both the Acronis Cloud and to my Synology NAS from this computer.