Skip to main content

Try & Decide Feature Removed

Thread needs solution
Forum Member
Comments: 29

This 2015 version looks very slick and streamlined, and as MachineGun said - it makes backups even simpler b/c all the settings are done for you. That's all very nice and appreciated - especially for those of us who struggled with the 2011 version... BUT, I "accepted" the upgrade to this version b/c I was apparently eligible for having bought the 2014 version recently, and at no time was I told what features were removed until I completed the upgrade and ran the program. Only then did I find out my favorite feature, Try & Decide, has been removed. I use that feature ALL the time - before doing driver updates, software updates, OS updates, and before installing new software. Why? Because I've been burned too many times with a new driver causing problems, or some other update causing problems - and then you have to revert to backups which may not be exactly "current". With Try & Decide, I could test new stuff in a virtual environment and if anything went wrong, just revert back to where I was before the test. It was beautiful and very fast. I'm truly disappointed that this feature has been removed - but according to Acronis, it was not a feature that folks used very much. I sure used it, and I ain't kidding about that!

Here's my question (and I'd be very grateful for any input): After having completed the update to the 2015 version, how can I "uninstall" it so I can go back to the 2014 version? It's ironic that I didn't use Try & Decide before installing True Image, but I truly didn't know I would need it... Thanks in advance!

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Member
Comments: 14

I like you am sorry to see that Try & Decide was removed from the True Image 2015 program.

During Beta testing Try & Decide was removed from the actual program and placed within the Acronis folder located at the Start Menu. Seeing how at that point it is almost a stand-a-lone, it would be nice if Acronis could provide a unsupported stand-a-lone copy of Try & Decide on the Acronis site that could be downloaded.

Forum Member

Thanks for your input, John. I wasn't privy to the Beta Testing, so I was completely caught off-guard when I dutifully installed the update and only AFTER that discovered the feature is gone. Now I don't know how to get back to where I was before - at this point, I just want to use the 2014 version since that still has the Try & Decide feature. I don't have a very recent backup so I'd lose a lot of data if I use a backup. I'm wondering if there is a way to uninstall the 2015 version and revive the 2014 version. Any thoughts?

Forum Hero
Comments: 8747

In theory, all you should need to do is to run the 2015 installer again and select remove, reboot, then reinstall 2014.

However, you might (I haven't tried this yet) find it won't accept the serial for 2014. I don't think the Acronis install cleaner has been updated for 2015 as yet. It may work OK, again, I haven't tried it yet.

I would suggest making a complete disk image before uninstalling. It would also be prudent to make a 2015 recovery environment media as this is more UEFI aware than 2014.

Forum Member

Colin, thank you for your helpful and very candid reply! I understand what you're saying and I agree that I can probably uninstall the 2015 version - in fact, I believe there is an "uninstaller" in the Acronis folder so I'm confident I can uninstall it one way or another. But what would I have then? I'd be back to "NO Acronis" on my computer, right? And if I then re-install the 2014 version (assuming the serial would work), would that count as another "installation"? I think my version of 2014 Premium grants me 3 installations. I'd sure hate to lose one of them for something like this - I had absolutely no warning that I would lose the Try & Decide feature with the 2015 version. Do you know if I'd lose one of my 3 installations if I re-install the 2014 version?

Thank you also for your reminder about doing an image and creating the recovery media before uninstalling. That's a voice of experience there, and I'm grateful for it b/c it's easy to overlook that when you're focused on other issues. Thanks!

Forum Hero

If the activation wizard complains about too many activations, it should show a link which takes you to a special page in your Acronis account, whereby you can deactivate the existing PC name (this just matches a serial to the PC name) and then start the activation again.

If you have a family pack of 2014, it will automatically use any unused serial activations that are on that serial number.

Oops just read you do have a family pack, so yes you will loose an activation, but if all 3 are used up and you need to move a serial number to a nothe rmachine it can be done.

Forum Member

Thanks again, Colin, for your helpful reply. Yes, I do have the 2014 family pack and I knew I had 3 installations. I've used 2 of them on 2 computers I know we're going to keep using, but I deliberately did NOT install TI 2014 on a netbook machine b/c I know we're going to retire it by the end of the year, and will replace it with a new machine. That's precisely why I was (am) concerned about losing that 3rd installation.

If I understand your reply about "it can be done", then I think you're saying there's some wiggle room in a case like this. I had a similar problem once with an Adobe product I owned, and although it was a bit of a PITA, once I explained everything to them they let me activate the software for more installations than originally anticipated. I think in that case there was a computer failure shortly after installation and activation, so one of my installations got burned (literally). As long as I know Acronis will be reasonable about this current situation where I certainly didn't intend to run afoul of the permitted installations, then I'd feel a LOT better about going forward with the uninstall of 2015 and reinstall of 2014. I really hate going backwards like that, but that Try & Decide feature has saved my as*, er, hind quarters many times and I'm loathe to give it up. For those who would say that Windows' "System Restore" does the same thing, I don't agree based on my own experience. Try & Decide has worked precisely as expected 100% of the times I've used it (which is a LOT), whereas System Restore has failed on me at least 3-4 times (much smaller sample size too) - and each "failure" caused me major headaches. I trust what I trust for a good reason... Thanks again, Colin, for your patience and helpful replies! Best to you, Sir!

Forum Hero

Mickey,

You have two options - the first one allows you to move a serial number to a new PC, this will then deactivate the link between the old PC and the new one, alternatively you can delete the PC list in your account and start again.

However, I don't think you will necessarily have a problem with the serial number if you haven't changed the name of the PC in Windows. The old serial number is normally somewhere in registry or at least the install entry is.

*****edited typing error****

Beginner
Comments: 19

Has Acronis given up making Try&Decide work under GPT partitions?

Forum Member

Thanks, Colin, for suggesting those good options to preserve my "installations" even if I have to completely uninstall 2015 and then completely re-install 2014. To quickly revisit how we got here in the first place, I was using 2014 without problems, then last night I got a popup window (apparently from Acronis' update monitor) that told me a free upgrade to 2015 was available and asked me to "click here to install". I didn't go looking for this update so I wasn't expecting it and foolishly didn't find out more about it before going forward. I never actually downloaded the software and initiated the installation, so I didn't think about doing a backup first (or use Try & Decide) so that I could recover if there was a problem. In short, I trusted Acronis... Now I have the 2015 version which has removed Try & Decide (among other features) and I don't have an efficient way to recover back to the 2014 version.

Frankly, I haven't even used the 2015 version yet b/c I got so sidetracked about the loss of Try & Decide. Some are saying the 2015 version gives unexpected results. Personally, I'm disappointed about losing the Try & Decide feature, but I'd be even more disappointed if this new version doesn't work smoothly. Colin, could I ask you this: In your opinion, is Win8's "System Restore" a reasonable alternative to Try & Decide? I ask this b/c I suppose I could just manually set a system restore point, install whatever software I'm trying - and if all goes well then no worries; but if the software I'm trying causes problems, I suppose I could just restore the system to the state it was in when I manually set the restore point. That sounds functionally the same as Try & Decide - but I lack the tech expertise to know more than that. I'm hoping someone with good tech knowledge about how these two features work (i.e. "system restore" and "try & decide") and can opine about the relative pros/cons of each. It's very possible that "system restore" is an adequate substitute for "try & decide" and I therefore might not need to revert back to the 2014 version and endure the many headaches that would entail. So please, if any knowledgeable folks are reading this, please proffer some feedback - it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JCD
Beginner
Comments: 1

I am extremely disappointed that 'Try & Decide' is no longer included in the recent ATIH 2015 upgrade. I paid the upgrade fee and downloaded 2015... FORTUNATELY, I have not installed it. I've had installation issues with past versions of ATIH and was looking around on Acronis' site and in the forums to see if I could just install 2015 over 2014 or if I needed to uninstall 2014 before installing 2015. (I never did find the answer.) Instead, I found the above comments. But, I'm so glad that I did. Maybe a lot of users didn't use the Try & Decide portion of the program, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who did (including myself). So, now I've paid for an upgrade (that isn't really and upgrade for me) and letting it sit in a folder on my hard drive. It would be nice if Acronis would revamp 2015 to include this invaluable feature... OR give us a stand-alone program that would sandbox, as well.

Forum Member

Hi JCD! Heck, I'm disappointed too about the Try & Decide feature being removed. I'm really glad you learned about it BEFORE you did the upgrade b/c I wasn't so lucky... Having said that, it's clear that this new 2015 version is a complete "makeover" of the software and its interface. Nobody can look at it and work with it and come away thinking that the Acronis designers didn't work pretty dang hard on it. From my uneducated perspective, it looks like they intended to make the GUI interface much simpler (and they did that), and they intended to make the software less bloated so they removed features they thought were not being used (and they did that). It seems like they had honorable motives but have unintentionally upset various users (like you and me) by removing features we have grown to trust and use. I absolutely agree that it would be nice for folks like us if they reconsider the removal of features like Try & Decide, or, in the alternative, offer it as a standalone program.

JCD, I'm sure Acronis will refund your money if you request it, and I think you have a 30 day period to do that. Here's my suggestion (for what it's worth): Back up your system using 2014 so you can always revert to that without hassle; then, install and try the 2015 version. If the ONLY feature you're missing is Try & Decide, then perhaps you will find that Windows' "System Restore" is a viable alternative. I'm looking into that alternative myself (although I'm concerned about other lost features such as the ability to sync my backups to an external HDD). If the system restore alternative is acceptable to you, then you may genuinely appreciate the sleek and simplistic interface of the 2015 version. If you find the 2015 version is unacceptable, then you can use the bootable media to restore to your 2014 backup, and then request your refund. Don't know if that helps or not - for me, I try not to over-react in situations like this. Good luck!

Forum Hero

Mickey,

I wouldn't use the Microsoft Restore points as they aren't designed for software testing, they also have the potential to harbour and spawn nasties that have entered your system.

My alternative suggestions are:

Install VirtualBox (free) or VMWare Player (not sure if that is free anymore). Downside, you legally need another Windows licence for the VM, apart from that it is excellent for trialling software . I use it for example to test out Alpha and early beta versions of software.

Use Cameyo this is software that allows you to install programs to a USB stick and then helps Windows to boot them using a protected version of registry. The upside is you don't install your trial programs in Windows, the downside is,I've never achieved consistent results using Cameyo. Note though, I haven't tried out the current version of Cameyo, so the inconsistencies may have been resolved.

If you are using Windows 7 Pro and above, you can download a special activated copy of XP in a VM from Microsoft, although of course running software in XP won't help with W7/88.1 problems.

If you are using W8 or 8.1 these allow for the OS's to be virtualised and the Windows boot manager can boot VHD/VHDX installations directly. The advantage here is that you can either image or copy a VHD/VHDX file containing your current system and keep it somewhere safe, then when something goes wrong you just need to physically move the backup VHD back to your hard drive or if the OS still boots, recover the image.

Forum Member
Comments: 44

Hello All,

I am glad I always wait before buying an upgrade, especially with software like True Image. Personally I think Acronis should be ashamed of removing Try & Decide, because it is (was) a valuable part of the program to me in many cases. The same goes for consolidation, which is apparently also removed, and a feature I use a lot, especially when archiving images. I also think it is a shame that Acronis is always focused on releasing a new version every year, but not fixing existing issues. That has been discussed many times on this forum. In ATI 2014 update 2 there was a bug which prevented a scheduled backup to execute the setting for shutting down the computer after the backup is completed. I have not tried ATI 2014 update 3 yet, but in the release notes there was no mention of this bug being fixed. Talking about release notes: in the What is new part of the official announcement of ATI 2015 on this forum there was no mention of consolidation and try & Decide being removed. I do not call that a customer friendly attitude.

Because of this continuing customer unfriendly attitude I have recently also purchased Paragon hard disk manager to try. Currently I am using True Image for all my imaging, mainly because I know the program reasonably well. But possibly I will just switch sometime in the future.

I do want to point out another program however which is also an imaging program but for Try & decide purposes even better: AX64 Time Machine (see www.ax64.com). You can go back and forth in time between images and thus use it for testing purposes. The good thing is that if one needs to restore an image, only the differences between time points are restored, making a restore very quick. In True Image this takes (much) more time if a whole partition is restored, if testing is done by making and restoring images. If, instead of imaging, one uses Try & Decide all hard disk activities are always rerouted to a special section on the hard disk, making it more prone to errors and, most importantly, slowing down the system, which AX64 Time Machine does not do at all.

I am in no way connected to AX64, but I am enthusiastic about it and you could try it. That would be a natural consequence of this in my opinion stupid decision made by Acronis to remove functionality.

Pim

Forum Member

Pim, thank you VERY much for such a detailed, comprehensive, and helpful note! You raised many good points and offered very interesting ideas. Please let me try to address each accordingly:

1. Acronis bugs, customer attitude, etc.: I am one of the true original customers for Acronis. I still have stuff from 2003 (or earlier - can't remember). So I go way back, and in those early days, if you sent in a request for help, it wasn't uncommon to get a response from the owner. Somewhere around 2010 or 2011 was when I noticed serious problems. Customer service actually "got into" it with me when I was trying to get a problem resolved. I don't mean to malign anyone here, I just recall being told to "stop whining" or something like that - and it really put the brakes on for me. The ONLY reason I tried TI 2014 was b/c another forum member, Brian Taylor, convinced me it was far better than the complicated nonsense in the 2011 version. As a longtime customer, I sent an email to customer service asking if I could get upgrade pricing with my 2011 version - and I have yet to receive a reply to that. Nothing. I saw a "rebate" offer at an electronics store and bought 2014 that way. So I've been through the trials and tribulations with this company. Overall, it was awesome in the beginning, terrible in 2011, and not-so-great now in 2014 - but probably better than it was in 2011. I've been using the 2014 version without problems, and frankly, I like it. The program does what I need - reliable backups, reliable Try & Decide, reliable syncs to my external HDD, etc. Then came the 2015 version - and I don't know how to describe it. Someone worked HARD to make the new interface so sleek and attractive, BUT by removing those trusted features, it felt like the rug was pulled out from under me. I did NOT get any advance warning that those features were removed - and I would NOT have upgraded (for "free" or otherwise) if I had known. And after all the bugs others are reporting in this forum, I now feel like we're being used as Beta Testers - and I wouldn't mind that if it was presented that way. Instead, this early release was presented to us almost as a "gift" for being loyal customers. I am no help to anyone on this forum if I sugar-coat any of this. I am profoundly disappointed about the removal of those trusted features and that it feels like we are being used as Beta Testers while being bamboozled into thinking we were getting special privilege due to our customer loyalty. It really doesn't sit right with me and I completely agree with the sentiments you expressed on this issue - sorry to ramble on a bit though...

2. Paragon and AX64: I was unaware of either of these products so thank you for suggesting them. Many of us on this forum came from using stuff like Norton Ghost. I can remember how groundbreaking Acronis was in comparison - and the customer support in the early days truly made you feel appreciated as a customer. Maybe it's time to look at other companies just like I did when I abandoned Ghost and tried Acronis. I particularly like the positive review you gave AX64 Time Machine (and the disclaimer that you're not connected with them b/c that adds validity to it). Thanks for explaining how it works and why it may actually be even MORE reliable than Try & Decide, and also for pointing ou the exceptional speed of it. I honestly will give it a try now that Acronis removed my trusty Try & Decide. It just struck me: Why would a product like AX64 exist if something like Try & Decide was such an unpopular feature that it warranted removal? Gotta wonder WHO determined Try & Decide was unpopular and who made the decision to remove it without even asking customers about it. Doesn't seem to make sense.

Thanks again, Pim, for your very thoughtful (and thought-provoking) post! You've helped me a lot and probably many other members on this forum. Thanks! -Mickey.

Forum Member

Hi Colin! My sincere apologies - I sent a copious reply to Pim but somehow missed your comments here and didn't reply. Dumb oversight on my part - sorry.

I've never been accused of being a fast learner, but I'm really learning a lot from you and the folks on this forum. Remember how I was afraid I would lose one of my "installations" if I uninstalled 2015 and then re-installed 2014? Well, another forum member, Lontro, graciously explained that I won't have a problem as long as I re-install 2014 onto the same machine. I think you had said something very similar, but for some reason I didn't "get it" until Lontro basically said "don't worry about it". I did say I'm a slow learner, right? :)

Regarding your illuminating insights about Try & Decide alternatives, I certainly appreciate that and I'll bet many others on this forum are grateful too. I gotta be honest, I have been burned before by Windows' System Restore so I wasn't fully convinced that would be a reliable alternative to Try & Decide. I used VMWare a long time ago (when it was free) for testing in a virtual environment. It was a bit complicated for me, frankly. I like stuff that is simple to use, but not so simple that I'm almost immediately wishing it could do more. Simple but powerful. Does that make sense? I will read more about Cameyo b/c that sounds interesting. I'm also going to look into AX64 Time Machine which was suggested by Pim in this thread. Here's my gripe, Colin: If Try & Decide was so unpopular that Acronis removed it, then why are there other products out there to do what Try & Decide did? I liked that it was part of the True Image package so I didn't have to use other products to do some of those tasks. Since Try & Decide was basically a "tool" option, wouldn't it make sense for Acronis to make it available as a stand-alone for those of us who used it? To be perfectly candid, the removal of that feature (and some of the other useful features) has caused me to NOT want the 2015 upgrade. And even worse than that, this incident has shaken my confidence in Acronis. How they deal with the many comments in this forum will determine whether or not they rebuild that confidence.

Thank you for your always-helpful comments, Colin! -Mickey.

Beginner
Comments: 3

A pity because (as it is physically structured) was the only promising (found so far) that could allow multiple parallel timelines (like Virtualbox etc..). It seems too easy that all the extra features will be available with a supplement "Premium / Plus". For now, I accidentally discovered that the v11 (2007) is amazingly more functional (it is exactly what you need, including hibernate support) (at the expense of performance, service virtual disk, and more to discover).
So much has been asked: "Discard the change and continue execution." (The Windows boot-menu was more than enough). What does it take? Frankly, I was beginning to think badly, now I do not know. We will see!
I waited for many; ... too many, years. At least now I know that the wait is over.
Now "wasted" continuous backup if you dare! ..who Need to display all the files instead of those contained in the delta time ?? Who serves a daily consolidation ... ??? (even text files).
As written in a feed evidently ignored: There are "eaten" a fortune in licenses and users (especially by not providing contextual instructions to configure personal folders, with particular attention to the desktop for win XP).
That 's what happens to those who become too big? So who knows what "thumps" that await us, yet. (Who pulls the rope too, should know that it will break, right?)
Best regards.

Forum Member
Comments: 37

Hmm Which Paragon program does allow you to go back in time with several restore points etc?
Cause All I can find is doing a full restore. or folders..
Not like "going back before I installed xxxxxx"

Forum Member
Comments: 16

Hallo Acronis,
In bin schwer enttäuscht dass ihr mein Lieblingsfeature Try & Decide entfernt habt. Ich bin lang bei Euch, und von RollbackRx gewechselt, nachdem ihr T&D eingeführt habt. Vor jahren war ich Fan von GoBack.
Die 30 Eu Upgrade Gebühr sind rausgeworfenes Geld:-( .
Auch ist es bis jetzt nicht gelungen TI 2015 laufen zulassen.Es erkennt meine Laufwerke nicht. Der Boot auf einem Usb , da hängt er auf. Ich habe TI 2013 wieder installiert, das läuft wie immer super.
Ich werde gleichmal TI 2015 erneut installieren. Wenn weiter nur Murks...weg damit!
Ich werde im passenden Forum darüber berichten.

Hier meine Bitte:
Ich will TRY&DECIDE wieder haben!!!

Beginner
Comments: 2

Hallo Acronis-Team!
Seit UR-Zeiten (in IT-Maßstäben), konkret seit ACI v9 aus 2006, bin ich Fan von ATI - und mache, wo ich kann Werbung für v.a. das "Try & Decide" - Feature.
Mit der neuen 2015-Version habt Ihr Euch - in meinen Augen - selbst ins Knie geschossen.
Gut, bezahlen mußte ich das Update, nachdem die agressive Update-Erinnerung zu lästig wurde (gut gemacht! :( ), aber nach der Erkenntnis, dass die Version 2015 nur noch für tastaturfreie Geräte optimiert wurde (z.B. die Verzeichnisliste für das Datei-Recovery ist nicht mehr überschaubar), und ein Try&Decide komplett rausgeflogen ist, wird die Version auf der Stelle wieder gelöscht.
Immerhin hat die v2014 ganz gut funktioniert.
Diesmal waren die 30 € Leergeld (bewußt mit doppel-E)!

Forum Member

Mike, du kannst wenn du willst dein Geld zurückfragen. Du hast glaube ich 30 Tagen um das zu tun. Wie es genau geht weiß ich nicht, aber es gibt mehrere Leute die es mit v2015 schon gemacht haben. Lese mal das Bestätigungs E-mail nach.

Beginner

Pim Joosten wrote:

Mike, du kannst wenn du willst dein Geld zurückfragen. Du hast glaube ich 30 Tagen um das zu tun. Wie es genau geht weiß ich nicht, aber es gibt mehrere Leute die es mit v2015 schon gemacht haben. Lese mal das Bestätigungs E-mail nach.

Danke für den Hinweis!
Mit den früheren Versionen war ich ja immer soweit zufrieden, dass ich an das Rücktrittsrecht auch diesmal nicht (von alleine) gedacht hätte.
Bin gespannt, ob sich etwas ändert, fehlen ja auch die anderen Features, wie
- Verwaltung der Acronis Secure Zone
- Systembereinigung
- DriveCleanser
- Dateischredder
- Laufwerksverwaltung(en) mit Extended Capacity Manager
- Import/Export von Backup-Einstellungen
- Konvertierung von Backups Windows<-> Acronis

Vielleicht ist die Liste nicht vollständig oder übervollständig, sie wurde aus der Erinnerung an die '15er-Version erstellt. Nach einem Restore eines Partitions-Backups von vor 5 Tagen läuft bei mir wieder die '14er-Version.
Inclusive Try & Decide.

Forum Member

Hallo Forum,
Nachdem TI 2015 bei mir kläglich gescheitert ist ( fehlende für mich wichtige Features wie T&D etc, konnte bisher auch kein funktionierende USB oder Cd Recovery herstellen, Backup über 1Std, TI 2013 20 min bei gleichem PC) habe ich wieder mein geliebtes TI 2013 drauf.
Hie schrieb jemand, dass man das Geld zurückbekommen könne, aber wie? In der Bestätigungs Mail steht kein Wort drüber.
Müsste wohl dann per Mail an support schreiben, chat ist ja nur englisch.
Andere Lösungen?
Gibts hier auch einen offiziellen Mitarbeiter, der ab und zu die Foren liest , und antwortet?

Forum Member

Hallo Wolfgang, Ich habe schnell nachgeschaut wie du es tun kannst. Nimm einfach Kontakt auf mit Cleverbridge (siehe E-mail und Telfonnummer auf der bestätigings Mail). Das geht auch auf Deutsch.

Forum Member

Hallo Pim,
Danke für die schnelle Antwort. Leider läuft das Upgrade nicht über Cleverbridge sondern Über EDV BuchVersanD.
Habe mit denen telefoniert und Sachverhalt geschildert. Da gibt es bei Software keine Rückgabe,wenn nicht eindeutig defekt. Und die fehlenden Features seien ja auch auf der WebSeite benannt word n ( habe ich wohl überlesen und nur nach den Neuigkeiten geguckt).
Aber wenn ich ihn richtig verstanden habe scheint allgemein diese fehlenden Features grosse Aufruhr gebracht zu haben, und er denkt ,dass Acronis irgendwann wohl Update liefert.
Bis dahin bleib ich bei TI 2013.
Und wenn Horizon Data Sys endlich DriveCloner 6.0 rausbringt werde ich vielleicht zu RollbackRX und DriveCloner zurückkehren.

Beginner
Comments: 3

I used Try&Decide a lot and like others who've posted am angry it's gone. The name "Try&Decide" is a bad one and doesn't describe what it actually does. My first version of Acronis was TrueImage 11. It wasn't till the 2010 version that I bothered to see what the **** it was. After that I used it regularly. It does many things VirtualBox does, without the need for a 2nd Windows license.

Forum Member

Deutsch Übersetzung unten

It seems there are many other Acronis users who are also disappointed about the removal of Try & Decide (among other features) in the 2015 version. I had to use Google Translate for the German translations b/c I don't know German - but for our German friends who might read this, I'll include a German translation too.

For me, not having Try & Decide is a deal-breaker so I do not want the 2015 version and just wanted to get my 2014 version back. Unfortunately, I experienced enormous trouble trying to work with the 2015 bootable media, and other users reported serious difficulties just trying to "uninstall" 2015, so I had no choice except to restore my latest backup done with the 2014 version. The good news is that the 2015 version DID restore my 2014 backup. But there was an unforeseen problem that I'll explain here with the hope it might help another user. My suggestion is to make sure your computer BIOS' "boot menu" has youWr HDD as the primary boot device before doing the restore. I had previously been using the Acronis bootable media on a USB flash drive, so I had set my primary boot device to the USB drive. That caused problems when Acronis did the restore and had to restart the computer - windows intercepted the process and tried to "repair" Windows. Eventually, I figured out what was happening and was able to cancel the Windows repair and reset the boot menu so my HDD was the first boot device. After I did that, the 2015 version of ATI recovered my 2014 backup flawlessly. I'm very happy to be back to the 2014 version and to have my trusty Try & Decide again. Whew! This "upgrade" to the 2015 version was a time-consuming mess, frankly, so I would suggest that folks seriously think about the ramifications of it before doing it. Frankly, I don't recommend using the 2015 version in its current state and I truly hope Acronis will bring back the features they dumped, such as Try & Decide.

Deutsch:

Es scheint, es gibt viele andere Acronis Benutzer, die auch enttäuscht über die Entfernung von Try & Decide (neben anderen Funktionen) sind in 2015-Version. Ich musste mit Google Translate für die deutschen Übersetzungen b / c ich nicht Deutsch können - aber für unsere deutschen Freunde, die dies lesen können, werde ich mit einer deutschen Übersetzung zu gehören.

Für mich, nicht mit Try & Decide ist ein Deal-Breaker so dass ich nicht wollen, dass die 2015-Version und wollte nur meine 2014-Version wieder zu bekommen. Leider erlebte ich enorme Probleme beim Versuch, mit den 2015 startfähigen Medien arbeiten, und andere Nutzer berichteten schwerwiegenden Schwierigkeiten nur versucht, "Deinstallieren" 2015, also hatte ich keine Wahl, außer die Wiederherstellung meiner letzten Sicherung mit der 2014-Version getan. Die gute Nachricht ist, dass die 2015-Version DID Wiederherstellung meiner 2014-Backup. Aber es war ein unvorhergesehenes Problem, dass ich hier mit der Hoffnung, es könnte ein anderer Benutzer helfen werde erklären. Mein Vorschlag ist, dass Ihr Computer-BIOS "" Boot Menu "zu machen hat youWr Festplatte als primäres Boot-Gerät, bevor Sie die Wiederherstellung. Ich hatte zuvor mit dem Acronis Bootable Media auf einem USB-Flash-Laufwerk, so dass ich hatte meine primäre Boot-Gerät auf dem USB-Laufwerk eingestellt. Das verursacht Probleme, wenn die Wiederherstellung Acronis hat und hatte, um den Computer neu zu starten - Fenster abgefangen den Prozess und versucht zu "reparieren" Windows. Schließlich fand ich heraus, was los war und war in der Lage, um die Windows-Reparatur abbrechen und setzen Sie die Boot-Menü so meine Festplatte war das erste Boot-Gerät. Nachdem ich das tat, die 2015-Version von ATI erholt mein Backup 2014 einwandfrei. Ich bin sehr glücklich, wieder an die 2014-Version zu sein und habe meine treuen Try & Decide wieder. Puh! Das "Upgrade" auf die 2015-Version war eine zeitraubende Durcheinander, ehrlich gesagt, so würde ich vorschlagen, dass Leute ernsthaft über die Folgen davon, bevor Sie es denken. Ehrlich gesagt, weiß ich nicht empfehlen, mit der 2015-Version in seinem aktuellen Zustand, und ich hoffe wirklich, Acronis werden die Funktionen, die sie abgeladen, wie Try & Decide zurück zu bringen.

Beginner

Hallo zusammen,

bin schon lange A TI User, habe jedoch noch nie etwas gepostet.

Seitdem in TI Try&Decide integriert wurde, habe ich es SEHR gerne benuzt. Ein Wechsel des Backup-Programm war dann kein Thema mehr, v.a. nachdem Try&Decide auch richtig funktionierte. Anfangs gab's ja einige Schwierigkeiten.
Ich war mal BETA-Tester (Version weiß ich nicht mehr) und hoffe, bei der Stabilisierung geholfen zu haben.
War aber - was Try&Decide betrifft - wohl für die Katz!
Mit dem Support war ich bis jetzt auch zufrieden, mir wurde immer geholfen (Andrew Mikhaylov, Maria Krylova).
Bis jetzt:
Auf meine Frage nach dem Thema "Try&Decide" vor drei Wochen kam bis jetzt gar keine Antwort. (Außer vom EDV Buchversand, die konnten jedoch nix dazu sagen)

Ich nutze TI und den DiskDirector privat (3 Lizenzen, alle im Einsatz) und seit einigen Jahren auch erfolgreich beruflich (5 Lizenzen).
Try&Decide ist (war?) bei einigen Entscheidungen sehr hilfreich, da mir in unserer Firma keine Testsysteme zur Verfügung stehen und somit mit Try&Decide einige falsche Entscheidungen (v.a. Treiber) keine Auswirkungen hatten.

Nach dem Kauf der 2015er Version (habe auch nur die "neuen" Features gelesen), bin ich sehr enttäuscht.
Zu behaupten, Try&Decide sei ein kaum genuztes Feature halte ich für eine bewußte Lüge, erst recht nachdem ich diesen Thread gelesen habe.
Ich denke man wollte sich hier Geld sparen, welches für den Unterhalt und die Weiterentwicklung von Try&Decide angefallen wäre.

Ich hoffe, die "Entscheider" bei Acronis werden sich der Tatsache bewußt, daß Try&Decide für Viele der entscheidende Grund ist, sich für Acronis zu entscheiden, wenn der Verkauf der neuen Verison(en) nicht so läuft wie gedacht.
Es gibt viele, auch kostenlose, Möglichkeiten, seine Daten zu sichern und seine Festplatten zu verwalten/partitionieren.

Ich perönlich bin wirklich sehr enttäuscht und fühle mich betrogen.
Beruflich werde ich A TI 2013 weiter verwenden und von einem Upgrade in nächster Zeit absehen.

Ich habe - GOTTSEIDANK - vor der Neuinstallation eine Komplettsicherung gemacht (mache ich immer) und konnte so das alte System wieder herstellen. Die paar fehlenden Daten bekomme ich wiederzusammen.
Solange hier nichts verändert wird, werde ich - solange das geht - mit Acronis TrueImage 2013 weiterarbeiten und mich bei der Neuanschaffung vielleicht auch mal wieder nach Alternativen umsehen.

Ich hoffe sehr, daß die Verantwortlichen nachbessern.
Evtl. kann man ja Try&Decide als AddOn bzw. eigenständige Installation all denjenigen zur Verfügung stellen, die es gerne möchten.

Mit Hoffnung,
Bremswind

Beginner

Hello every body,
Many thanks to use English language for your posts, as I (and many other readers), do not know German language.
Thanks again
Jean

Beginner

I too was disappointed to find Try and Decide has been removed from True Image 2015. The ability to reject any changes made following a decision to remove a trial was so straight forward. It effectively only required a re-boot. With the 2015, a rejection now involves recovering the whole drive from an image. This process takes considerably longer then ever the Try & Decide recovery ever did and also it means you have to take a full image before "Trying" just incase you want to reject it. This backup can also massively increase the time required to make your trial installation. I think the loss of this facility is a massive retrograde step.

Beginner

I too was disappointed to find Try and Decide has been removed from True Image 2015. The ability to reject any changes made following a decision to remove a trial was so straight forward. It effectively only required a re-boot. With the 2015, a rejection now involves recovering the whole drive from an image. This process takes considerably longer then ever the Try & Decide recovery ever did and also it means you have to take a full image before "Trying" just incase you want to reject it. This backup can also massively increase the time required to make your trial installation. I think the loss of this facility is a massive retrograde step.

Forum Hero

I think that T&D is incompatible with Windows 8/8.1 and soon to be 10, the newer MS booting environment works differently on these OS's to W7, Vista etc.