Skip to main content

Turn off scan for backups

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 0

Is there any way to turn off the automatic scan for backups in True Image Home 2015 and 2016 as was present in previous versions?  I have TI 2015 running on a PC that is also the target for backups from other PCs in the network, and it seems to run into regular problems building and maintaining this list of backups at the startup of scheduled backups.

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 15746

Hello Marv, there is no method of turning of the scan for backups as provided in earlier versions but then with ATIH 2015 & 2016, this scan should only occur on the installation of the program and not when it is started after that point.

See https://kb.acronis.com/content/48662 for a list of changes that were made from ATIH 2015 that include this point.

Beginner
Comments: 1

This issue seems to be effecting me, backups have been running for months and now all my unused drives are being hammered by this scan. 

C: & I: should be the only drives touched, it shouldn't be going anywhere near H:

Attachment Size
482640-161346.PNG 32.56 KB
Forum Moderator
Comments: 4065

Paul Sparkes wrote:

This issue seems to be effecting me, backups have been running for months and now all my unused drives are being hammered by this scan. 

C: & I: should be the only drives touched, it shouldn't be going anywhere near H:

Hello Paul, thank you for writing about your experience with this feature - added the comment to the existing change request TI-59841, cannot provide any ETA for implementation, the request is still in backlog.