Skip to main content

Windows 10 Upgrade Hangs After A Few Minutes

Forum Member
Comments: 19

I've had this twice now. After upgrading a PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise the machine will basically becomes non-responsive after a few minutes. Both machines have TI 2015 18.0.6613 which is supposed to be compatible, but I'm getting suspicious it may not be fully compatible. Is this potentially an Acronis issue with TI 2015 and Windows 10?

Legend
Comments: 15139

Joel, I am not aware of any issues with ATI 2015 that should cause the symptoms you are describing after upgrading to Windows 10. 

How long have you left the machine in the non-responsive state?

Have you tested starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode and then disabling all the Acronis Services using msconfig?

Forum Member

Here's what I know. I tried doing the W10 upgrade on machine 1 and had the same types of problems a few weeks ago. I restored it back to W7. I did another machine with the same Acronis version but had no problems with it. I then did this one and it acted like the problematic first one. After a few minutes things just don't progress. I can start task manager to look at things and then even it would lock up. Basically at that point I have to force reboot and start again with the same problems arising shortly thereafter.

Instead of reverting back to W7 this time I quickly uninstalled TI 2015 after a reboot. Then did a clean uninstall to clear the registry and rebooted again. That was about 5 hours ago and so far so good. No problems. Generally I can't go more than a few minutes without problems.

Legend

Sounds like you have plan here Joel hoping that all remains ok in excess of 5 hours..!

Forum Member

Well, it's been a day now and Windows 10 has acted fine. I can only conclude that this version of TI 2015 potentially has problems with an upgrade to Windows 10. I could possibly try installing it fresh and see what happens, or move to a newer version. I'm looking to see what kind of sales they'll have this week on TI 2019 upgrades. I assume 2019 has been OK for most folks. true?

Legend

Joel, a clean install of the final build for ATI 2015 might be worth trying, else look out for any sales offers.  2019 has worked OK for me apart from some early issues found during the Beta testing phase which have been resolved since.