Skip to main content

3 user license

Beginner
Comments: 5

Last year I purchased a 3 user license for an entity that had 2 laptops on site and a 3rd that was mobile. The license is held in my account. The main laptop was replaced with a Windows 10 desktop but I was not consulted on that. Now they want Acronis to be on the new desktop, but the laptop it replaced was trashed. I downloaded and installed TrueImage 2016 using the licesnce code and even did the first full backup, but they keep getting a message that there are too many users on the license. How do I disconnect a laptop that doesn't exist anymore., or must we buy another license?

One other issue is that the desktop user complains that Microsoft Office has been giving trouble ever since Acronis was installed, and that she has to reboot the machine several times a day to regain control. I didn't make any other changes to the desktop. Coincidence? TIA for any help.

Forum Star
Comments: 1492
mvp

You do not need to have the old computer. Just install ATI on the new one, you will get a message about exceeding the number of computers, with instructions on how to deactivate one of the existing systems. Cannont remember the exact process but the on screen instructions should be sufficient.

Ian

Forum Hero
Comments: 9684
mvp

Beginner
Comments: 5

Thank you. Part of the problem is that the laptop that was taken out of use is no longer available to me. It was an Acer just like another Acer that has an active license. I don't know how I will tell them apart to deactivate the correct user.

Forum Hero
Comments: 9684
mvp

If you follow the process shown in the KB document, hopefully the information shown for where you can transfer a license from will be enough for you to try to identify the correct Acer to remove one from.